It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:08

Text Size

Commander rules update

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Commander rules update

Postby fireshoes » 24 Mar 2015, 03:04

Commander rules were updated today. A Commander may now be moved to the Command Zone if it would be moved to a player's hand, library, graveyard, or exile zones from anywhere. Also they clarified that if a face down Commander deals combat damage, it will still deal Commander damage. Duel Commander rules did not change, so commanders can still be bounced to hand in that format.

There were some bannings and unbannings in Duel Commander and Pauper as well, which I am taking care of, but I don't know how to to do the new command zone replacement effect.

Commander rules update
Duel Commander banlist changes
Pauper banlist changes
fireshoes

Re: Commander rules update

Postby LevelX » 25 Mar 2015, 11:09

fireshoes wrote:Commander rules were updated today. A Commander may now be moved to the Command Zone if it would be moved to a player's hand, library, graveyard, or exile zones from anywhere.
Duel Commander rules did not change, so commanders can still be bounced to hand in that format.
So the only difference between Duel and normal Commander concerning zone change replacement is now that the normal Commander may also be moved to command zone if bounced back to hand. Right?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 25 Mar 2015, 11:31

fireshoes wrote:Also they clarified that if a face down Commander deals combat damage, it will still deal Commander damage.
Raises for me the question: Have we to show the commander tooltip info about times cast and commander damage done to the opponent also if the commander is face down on the battlefield?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby emerald000 » 25 Mar 2015, 12:39

The other differences between normal commander and duel commander are the starting life points (40 vs 30) and the banlist.

"Commanderness" is an intrinsic status of the card, no matter its actual status (like face-down). So I guess we should always show that information.
emerald000

Postby kleedrac » 26 Mar 2015, 06:17

This also makes me wonder if it's possible to implement a "house rules" section so those of us who disagree with the EDH board's decision can ignore this rule in XMage?
kleedrac

Postby LevelX » 26 Mar 2015, 07:09

kleedrac wrote:This also makes me wonder if it's possible to implement a "house rules" section so those of us who disagree with the EDH board's decision can ignore this rule in XMage?
Sure it's possible.
What rules do you like to adjust?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to Developers Talk