It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:27

Text Size

Weird Persistent Error

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Weird Persistent Error

Postby hotel » 29 Jul 2015, 03:50

I'm working on implementing the card Goblin Game, and I've gotten a little stuck.

GoblinGame.java.txt
class file
(5.45 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

At one point, I looked at cards like Mindblaze or Void, which also deal with choosing numbers of things, leading me to attempt to use .addChoice(Choice choice). I realised later that using that method wouldn't work, because I need to send a choice to all players, not just the controller.

However, after rebuilding the project multiple times, I keep getting the error below when I try to play the card in-game.

stacktrace.txt
stacktrace
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

So yeah, I'm confused as to why I'm getting an error that involves 'choosing' when the only code I have in terms of making a choice is .announceXMana(...), which worked before I made and undid the changes I described above.

P.S. | Open
At some point I'll come up with a more general solution for picking numbers than leveraging .announceXMana(...) or whatever, as there's a whole host of other cards that require indiscriminate number-picking, such as Look at Me, I'm R&D, Scrying Glass, Shapeshifter, or Squee's Revenge
hotel

Re: Weird Persistent Error

Postby LoneFox » 29 Jul 2015, 07:58

hotel wrote:At one point, I looked at cards like Mindblaze or Void, which also deal with choosing numbers of things
These cards are implemented incorrectly. I should be able to choose 12 for Mindblaze if I know that my opponent has that many Relentless Rats left in his library.
hotel wrote:So yeah, I'm confused as to why I'm getting an error that involves 'choosing' when the only code I have in terms of making a choice is .announceXMana(...), which worked before I made and undid the changes I described above.
Looks like it is not updating the effect's class file. That means either you are making changes to a wrong file (a backup you made before the addChoice experiment?), or maven is playing Goblin Game with your class files. If it's the latter, deleting the jar-jars manually, doing mvn clean, and then rebuilding everything should fix it.
LoneFox
Programmer

Re: Weird Persistent Error

Postby LoneFox » 12 Sep 2015, 18:18

What happened to this? Did you get it working? Goblin Game is still missing from the repository...
LoneFox
Programmer

Return to Developers Talk