It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:51

Text Size

Requesting enhancements to Card Implementation Tracking Tool

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Requesting enhancements to Card Implementation Tracking Tool

Postby escplan9 » 08 Mar 2016, 17:47

The Card Implementation Tracking Tool here:
http://ct-magefree.rhcloud.com/cards

Some possible enhancements:
1) Ability to add more columns to include additional detail on the cards. For instance, notes on what deck they go into so we can sort the "not implemented, requested" cards into groups of cards required to complete the requested deck.
2) A "Community Rating" column or something similar to also help with determining the most desired cards to be implemented. Could be based off the Rating used on wizards webpage itself or something else entirely.

Right now there is 427 cards requested to be implemented according to our tool. I wanted to see if we can find ways to help organize it better so we can determine which cards are heavily requested or would help with completing certain decks missing a few cards.

Anyone else here have ideas to improve the tool? And I would be happy to assist with the enhancements for the tool - I just do not have the access or information on how to update it.
escplan9

Re: Requesting enhancements to Card Implementation Tracking

Postby LevelX » 09 Mar 2016, 11:41

Problem is source as also the server is hosted by a curretnly not actice developer of the project.

I'm not sure but maybe it's an alternate solution if you open up a new request thread in the forum, with a first post where you maintain (update, add, remove) such a table, showing which requested cards have a high probability of beeing implemented. So developers can also lookup in this thread which card they are going to implement and mark it in the card tracker.

Just an idea.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby escplan9 » 09 Mar 2016, 19:54

LevelX wrote:I'm not sure but maybe it's an alternate solution if you open up a new request thread in the forum, with a first post where you maintain (update, add, remove) such a table, showing which requested cards have a high probability of beeing implemented. So developers can also lookup in this thread which card they are going to implement and mark it in the card tracker.
Interesting thought. I'll consider it as another side project to do.

So what you were thinking of was something like this:
* I create a new database and maintain the tables myself.
* I create a new thread in the regular XMage forum, ask it to be stickied, and label it as the master thread for card requests.
* In that thread, I divulge cards currently being worked on by referencing our Card tracker tool?
escplan9

Postby LevelX » 09 Mar 2016, 22:15

escplan9 wrote:* I create a new database and maintain the tables myself.
If you like to, sure. My thought was more like create a list once with excel like program and move result to thread. But DB is for sure also a godd solution.

escplan9 wrote:* I create a new thread in the regular XMage forum, ask it to be stickied, and label it as the master thread for card requests.
Yes, sounds good. The now active two threads make no real sense.

escplan9 wrote:* In that thread, I divulge cards currently being worked on by referencing our Card tracker tool?
The way you like it. Probably updating the list from the main post with finished, added or whatever cards.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby MarcoMarin » 23 Mar 2016, 07:31

Hey, what a coincidence this thread right about when I arrive to help out. :)

If I may suggest a 'field' in your database that would REALLY speed things up, is for requesters to suggest similar cards to what they want.

Ideally already implemented ones but even non-implemented is very helpful because it essentially is the same thing once at least 1 similar gets done. And it suggests what to work next as well.

The most important thing are the abilities / main text.. ideally in as few similar cards as possible. (so less snitching together needed)

The least important seems to be color, cost, power and toughness as this is mostly auto-generated. So let them know they can pick from different colors/types/creatures/etc without problems, that opens more possibilities to find similar cards.
MarcoMarin

Postby escplan9 » 04 Apr 2016, 03:41

I created a thread in the main XMage forum on this issue and suggestions on how to make a better Card Request system:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=18454
escplan9

Postby Fenhl » 05 May 2016, 22:12

If we are going to make a new tracking system, we should maintain the code on the github organization. Is anyone working on this already?
Fenhl

Postby escplan9 » 05 May 2016, 23:06

See the thread linked in the post above for discussion on what's going on with this. At the moment we've gone a route of simplicity for Card Implementation - see the current Card Requests thread:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=18575

I keep a Google Sheet updated on my own and only give read-access to the Chart portion. From the Card Request APRIL thread I realized having the Chart display anything other than cards with more than 1 request just didn't look right. When it gets to like 20+ cards requested, it becomes hard to read the Chart. I don't expect people to read through all the cards voted for currently - just want people to continue to participate on the forums and request the card they want. All cards with more than 1 vote appear on the Chart - otherwise it's just on the forums.

I'm open to suggestions to improve this as I keep mentioning in the threads here ^^
escplan9

Return to Developers Talk