It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 03:44
   
Text Size

I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Moderators: TheElk801, BetaSteward, LevelX, North, noxx, JayDi, jeffwadsworth, CCGHQ Admins

I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Postby MTGfan » 02 Nov 2016, 20:36

https://github.com/magefree/mage/pull/2 ... _r85860853

I have deleted my fork and started fresh several times trying to solve this. Each time results in the same. "git config core.autocrlf false" is failing to correct whatever it is that is changing the line endings. Please help me fix this problem so that I can properly push new cards. Thanks
MTGfan
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 25 Oct 2016, 03:39
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Postby LevelX » 02 Nov 2016, 21:39

User avatar
LevelX
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 15:08
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Postby MTGfan » 03 Nov 2016, 04:49

What is the correct line ending? And would the best way to do this, based on the link, be with the .gitattributes and the first example "Set the default behavior, in case people don't have core.autocrlf set. * text=<whatever the correct line ending is supposed to be>". I am figuring that one of two things is concurring. Either gen-card.sh is resulting in the wrong line ending or the files are changed at some point after in the process of transfer to github. Either way If the .gitattribute file will force the correct line ending so that whatever goes from my pc to github has the correct line ending then I assume that to be the best way to handle it.
MTGfan
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 25 Oct 2016, 03:39
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Postby MTGfan » 10 Nov 2016, 04:42

I have discovered the cause and also found a workaround. I'm using windows 10 64bit and gen-card.pl generates the card file with windows line endings and changes all the line endings in the card list files to windows line endings. The work around is a netbeans plugin. I couldn't get the solutions in the previously posted link to work. The netbeans plugin appears to be the easiest workaround as it changes the line endings to the correct ones. I don't know if this is a flaw in gen-card.pl or some configuration on windows that by default is set to widows line endings that the script using.
MTGfan
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 25 Oct 2016, 03:39
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Postby LevelX » 10 Nov 2016, 14:14

I guess the name of the Plugin is
Change Line Endings on Save

It's true that one I have also installed and forget about.
So we should mention this in the developer Wiki.
User avatar
LevelX
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 15:08
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: I'm having an issue with line endings, help please

Postby MTGfan » 10 Nov 2016, 18:31

LevelX wrote:I guess the name of the Plugin is
Change Line Endings on Save

It's true that one I have also installed and forget about.
So we should mention this in the developer Wiki.
That would be the one. There is also one (show and change line endings, on netbeans site) that shows in the status bar and can be used to change them. It is listed as compatible with 8.1 so it should work with 8.2. I installed it to see what the line endings were after cloning.
MTGfan
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 25 Oct 2016, 03:39
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time


Return to Developers Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 287 on 31 Mar 2019, 04:11

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login Form