It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:42

Text Size

As long as <card name> is untapped (or tapped) question

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

As long as <card name> is untapped (or tapped) question

Postby MTGfan » 22 Nov 2016, 03:10

In looking at code to figure out how to code another card I encountered a few cards with as long as <card name> is untapped that don't use

Code: Select all
new SimpleStaticAbility(Zone, new ConditionalContinuousEffect(Effect, [b]new InvertCondition(new SourceTappedCondition()[/b])), String);
They are Archangel of Tithes, Static Orb, Storage Matrix, Thunderstaff. Should they be using this? If not I'd like to understand why they don't compared to other cards with same phrasing.

And I encountered a few cards with as long as <card name is tapped that done use

Code: Select all
new SimpleActivatedAbility(Zone, new ConditionalContinuousEffect(Effect, SourceTappedCondition.getInstance()), String);
They are Archangel of Tithes, Centaur Omenreader, Hisoka's Guard, Thran Weaponry. Should they be using this? If not I'd like to understand why they don't compared to other cards with same phrasing.

And I encountered Helm of Possession that doesn't use SourceTappedCondition.getInstance(). I believe by using CompoundCondition(String, Controller is equal to owner, SourceTappedCondition.getInstance()) rather than the custom class it is using to define the two conditions as long as you control and is tapped.

Let me know ya'll thoughts. Thanks.

EDIT: Please move to developer section as I meant to post this there.
MTGfan

Return to Developers Talk