It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:20

Text Size

Information pending...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Information pending...

Postby thefiremind » 13 Sep 2015, 08:50

Thanks! It works perfectly now.

Result of my first test: I have a clean profile through ALI213's emulator, and if I add cards to the "shoebox" card pool in my custom ZED file, when I get the starter pack I get all the cards I added, already unlocked. However, when I tried to add them to a deck, Origins cards got added instead... that's because I was using Origins cards' IDs. #-o Custom cards should start from ID 251.

EDIT: New test, new result. Without a clean profile, the added cards are locked even if they belong to the "shoebox" card pool. Unless we find a way to add new pools that are unlocked from the start, the tests will need to be done on a clean profile.

EDIT 2: For the Nyx frames they are using full art rather than adding only the Nyx border when needed... but they are still not using Z_Nyx for the dual-color Nyx cards. So again, the Z_Nyx frame needs to be duplicated 10 times. Oh, by the way, I sent a PM to Huggybaby asking for a Magic Duels section, I think we'll have it as soon as he reads the PM.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 13 Sep 2015, 09:41

thefiremind wrote:...
New test, new result. Without a clean profile, the added cards are locked even if they belong to the "shoebox" card pool. Unless we find a way to add new pools that are unlocked from the start, the tests will need to be done on a clean profile.
Are you sure new cards are unlocked with a new profile even if you use ids over 251? However, I uploaded a simple patch to unlock cards with ids between 500 and 999 for testing pourpose; you can find it in page 20 of this thread. Actually we can unlock all the cards we want editing profile, but only with ids under 1024.
spirolone
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 13 Sep 2015, 09:47

spirolone wrote:Are you sure new cards are unlocked with a new profile even if you use ids over 251?
Yes, but they need to be in the card pool of the starter pack and you need to get that pack.
Result after porting my DotP2015 tests to Magic Duels... | Open

EDIT: New test: transform cards. I coded Villagers of Estwald//Howlpack of Estwald and they work as far as rules are concerned... but the card frame has some problems and I don't think there's a way to fix it. The face that is currently active has a normal green frame with the card name moved to the right (there's the space for that circular icon, but the normal green frame doesn't have that, of course). When zooming in, the inactive face has the frame of the Origins Planeswalkers when they are still creatures.
Visual proof | Open
As expectable, I can't see any trace of the possibility of a dedicated frame inside the executable (something like G_TRANSFORMED or G_BACK or whatever) so I'm afraid we would have to bear with the wrong frames if we wanted to play with the Innistrad werewolves.

EDIT 2: Planeswalkers also have frame problems. There are standard frames for non-flipped Planeswalkers, but the text on them is distributed as if it were on the flipped frame. This, however, might change with Battle for Zendikar, let's hope so.

EDIT 3: My tests go on here.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 04 Dec 2015, 22:16

Ok so just a clarification needed here I think. There are 22 pages on this topic and I have read it 2 times and couldn't clearly understand how to create/edit cards/zeds for magic duels yet.
Could someone create a step-by-step (in a new place maybe?) of what has to be done in order to mod our cards, both for PC and iOS version? I use only iOS and couldn't understand how to do it here.
Marcel Costa

Postby spirolone » 05 Dec 2015, 03:31

Marcel Costa wrote:Ok so just a clarification needed here I think. There are 22 pages on this topic and I have read it 2 times and couldn't clearly understand how to create/edit cards/zeds for magic duels yet.
Could someone create a step-by-step (in a new place maybe?) of what has to be done in order to mod our cards, both for PC and iOS version? I use only iOS and couldn't understand how to do it here.
What did you do exactly? Did you succesfully extract content of Data_000.zed or Data_001.zed?
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 05 Dec 2015, 03:42

I tryed in iOS only.
I successfully unpacked Data_000.zed - after many different testing in different machines - and did the following in this order:
1. Altered the rarity of some control cards - repacked - tested - game crashed - i deleted the file.
2. With a new Data_000.zed I did it all again and altered the cards in the MO_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL.xml - chrashed
3. Inserted some new cards in the Cards folder and edited (tried without editing too) the MO_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL.xml using ID above 275 - crashed
I didn't go all the way through because I am stuck with this situation.
Marcel Costa

Postby spirolone » 05 Dec 2015, 03:53

Marcel Costa wrote:I tryed in iOS only.
I successfully unpacked Data_000.zed - after many different testing in different machines - and did the following in this order:
1. Altered the rarity of some control cards - repacked - tested - game crashed - i deleted the file.
2. With a new Data_000.zed I did it all again and altered the cards in the MO_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL.xml - chrashed
3. Inserted some new cards in the Cards folder and edited (tried without editing too) the MO_SHOEBOX_CARD_POOL.xml using ID above 275 - crashed
I didn't go all the way through because I am stuck with this situation.
Don't overwrite genuine Data_000.zed. Try to create a new zed file with a few files and name it something like Data_009.zed. If game crash, maybe you can try to upload your file, so that we can try to view what's wrong, ok?
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 16 Dec 2015, 03:43

Ok After the Zendikar exp many of my former cards wen missing and I am not sure why.
I tried to add the DATA_000.ZED form the original game (I had it saved with me) but it crashed the game when loading de cards, inside menu.
Then I tried to use the DATA_077 available here somewhere and also made the game crash without even opening.
I guess that's something to do with the iOS ZED x PC ZED maybe? Or are they identical in every way?
Marcel Costa

Postby skibulk » 03 May 2016, 12:49

I have worked with thefiremind and RiiakShiNal in the past to distribute the artwork from older DotP games. In many cases, the digital artwork was not previously available to the magic community, or was only available in a lower resolution. We have also used the card frame / symbol / font assets in the HQ Card Generator.

I noticed that you have had some success with extracting the ZED archives. I would be delighted to share the artwork / assets from DotP 2015, including the expansions, and Magic Duels with the community. Can you help?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Xander9009 » 03 May 2016, 15:00

skibulk wrote:I have worked with thefiremind and RiiakShiNal in the past to distribute the artwork from older DotP games. In many cases, the digital artwork was not previously available to the magic community, or was only available in a lower resolution. We have also used the card frame / symbol / font assets in the HQ Card Generator.

I noticed that you have had some success with extracting the ZED archives. I would be delighted to share the artwork / assets from DotP 2015, including the expansions, and Magic Duels with the community. Can you help?
I've got all the files from 2015 and Magic Duels extracted (and from 2014, 2012, and 2010, but those are likely already done), including art (which was the goal, since I as using it for my Community Wad project for DotP 2014). It's not currently named anything useful, though, just a bunch of numbers. I usually write the program necessary for that from scratch each time I need it (because the requirements seem to chance slightly each time). If you tell me the precise naming scheme you need, I can get the art renamed and packed in a zip file.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 03 May 2016, 15:07

Do you have all of the expansions for Duels 2015 and Magic Duels included?

I like the format: "Card Name - Artist Name.png", with a number at the end if there be a conflict. But whatever is easiest for you.

I was really hoping to get card frames / symbols (including the "D15", etc set symbols) / fonts too. I can sort through them and rename everything, if you have them.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Xander9009 » 04 May 2016, 15:57

skibulk wrote:Do you have all of the expansions for Duels 2015 and Magic Duels included?

I like the format: "Card Name - Artist Name.png", with a number at the end if there be a conflict. But whatever is easiest for you.

I was really hoping to get card frames / symbols (including the "D15", etc set symbols) / fonts too. I can sort through them and rename everything, if you have them.
Magic Duels doesn't have any expansions that you have to pay for. My demo copy of 2015 might possibly be missing the Garruk's Revenge stuff. However, for all DotP games, whether you pay for the expansions or not, they're still downloaded. They have to be so you can play online with others. Otherwise, you only be able to play with others that have bought all of the same expansions as you. So, I should theoretically have had the expansion files, but I'm not sure how to check to be certain.

In any case, I've gotten all of the art (or at least the /vast/ majority of it) from 2015 and Magic Duels. It includes cards, tokens, emblems, frames, expansion symbols, badges, and several miscellaneous files (like PT boxes, planeswalker loyalty boxes, mana symbols, etc.) that you may or may not want (mostly from Magic Duels). It's about 500 MB altogether.

Note that I kept the files from DotP 2015 and Magic Duels separate. So, while the files from Magic Duels have all been collected into a single folder and all of the duplicates I'd noticed were deleted, there will be many duplicates between the two games. Since they are named the way you asked, finding and eliminating those wouldn't be too difficult. I make no guarantees that every card made it into the right subfolder, though. Some tokens might have been left with the other cards. Their only noticeable differences are the simple names (sometimes all-caps) and their dimensions. But eldrazi/devoid cards have the same dimensions, so they had to be sorted manually.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cZn ... 3BNLWZWMjg

Let me know when you've downloaded it so I can delete it. I don't plan to leave it up permanently.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 04 May 2016, 16:10

I have downloaded it and will add it to my MEGA shared folder soon. Thank you so much! Are the fonts available too?

Also, are the 2015 Frames any higher resolution than the Origins frames?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Xander9009 » 04 May 2016, 16:25

skibulk wrote:I have downloaded it and will add it to my MEGA shared folder soon. Thank you so much! Are the fonts available too?

Also, are the 2015 Frames any higher resolution than the Origins frames?
Unfortunately, I don't know how to extract the fonts. However, you mentioned here a utility that might be able to do the trick. I might be able to figure out how to get the program to work, but I can't find a download link...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 04 May 2016, 17:13

I forgot about that post! I don't even know if the fonts are the correct .img file type. It's just my guess. You don't have to go out of your way to do this, I just thought that, since the fonts are encrypted in the ZED archive, they might not have been double encrypted in a .img file in Duels 2015. Installation instructions are here: http://www.math.utah.edu/docs/info/fontu_toc.html

We still only have the web versions of the "beleren" font. It would be cool to have the complete font.

Also, are the 2015 Card Frames any higher resolution than the Origins frames?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to 2015