It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:25

Text Size

(Tejahn) Color-related changes are possible.

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

(Tejahn) Color-related changes are possible.

Postby Tejahn » 14 Aug 2015, 12:36

Black Panther - Combat Agility.png
Black Panther - Combat Agility

I responded to some questions Chakan posted in a thread a while back and decided to do some experimenting with DOTP 2015 since I had not attempted to mod it in weeks. Here is a link to that thread if anyone is interested in my reply: Tejahn's Reply.

Also, I made several other cosmetic changes in DOTP 2014. If you're curious, you can follow this link to view those alterations: (Tejahn) Question Thread.

Now then, I'm not sure if the things I've changed are new to DOTP 2015 so I didn't post this in TFM's Modding tests (what changed from 2014, what didn't) thread. However, I'm glad to report that with persistence I've discovered how to change the color of text in game. This allows me to created any card frame I want and then use it in game as the above screenshot demonstrates. I'm able to add any color from the RGB spectrum. I tested blue, brown, gray, light green, orange, pink, purple, and white. All of them displayed properly.

With the black-only color drawback no longer an issue it now seems like my idea to 'Play Horizontal' can become a reality. I already know how to increase and decrease the height of the text as well as contract and expand the width of the text. As soon as we figure out which XML controls the the position of artist credit, card name, mana cost, P/T, types, etc I can start testing. Basically, we'll want to move each component counter-clockwise. I decompiled all of the games .LOL files looking for clues but admittedly I was rushing and didn't notice anything that stood out.

I'll experiment with trying to add new fonts later but I did manage to replace existing fonts with those of my choice. I think all these findings can also be applied to DOTP 2014.

Let me close by saying that I decided to create a Black Panther logo as a placeholder for the card cost and use it during this preview since it's proving so difficult to get an Infinity Gem to stand vertically without looking too wide. I may have to just tilt the stone to the left as if it's falling to retain its shape.

Lastly, the reason the rarity symbol is the New Avengers logo is because the mod doesn't use rarity symbols in the traditional sense. Each rarity symbol will display the logo of the book the picture was obtained from.
Tejahn

Re: (Tejahn) Color-related changes are possible.

Postby Chakan » 16 Aug 2015, 07:06

Looks promising man. I really hope you can do this kind of stuff with 2014 because, call me a pessimist, I doubt that we'll ever get 2015/Origins to run exactly how we want them to. I'd be up for a change of scenery when it comes to the battlefield, and even being able to use the newer, or older, card frames would be a breath of fresh air for me. Good work.
Chakan

Return to 2015