Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MAGIC DUELS - CARD REQUEST THREAD

Postby Tejahn » 17 May 2016, 07:41

Esper Dragon Control.jpg
Esper Dragon Control

Last Updated - 6/16/16

Cards I'm Currently Working On
Code: Select all
None. I'm actually testing decks for the Tutorial DLC.
This thread, like the others that proceeded it, will be used to request cards for Magic Duels. Although most of the cards already available in the Community Wad work with no need for modification some, such as Choked Estuary, which I directly exported caused problems. The game stopped producing the effect of triggered abilities. For example, Diregraf Colossus was creating zombie tokens just fine until I played Choked Estuary by revealing an island. I also tested it without revealing an island or swamp and the glitch still transpired. I've not yet had an opportunity to look over the code in detail to determine the conflict but I will eventually.

Either way, the screenshot above is an Esper Dragons control deck that is really fun to play but I couldn't get delirium to work on To the Slaughter even though the other delirium cards I coded worked. That's why it's one of the immediate request below.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

CARDS NEEDED BY CHAKAN
Choked Estuary - DONE
Coercive Portal - NEEDS TO BE REPLACED WITH A DIFFERENT CARD
Silumgar, the Drifting Death - DONE
Choked Estuary will be a great card for Chakan's deck. I replaced Coercive Portal with Remorseless Punishment during testing and it actually has tremendous synergy with his build.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Sigarda, Heron's Grace - Human Soldier Token.jpg
Sigarda, Heron's Grace - Human Soldier Token

CARDS NEEDED FOR THE TUTORIAL DLC

Aethersnatch - DONE
Bound by Moonsilver - DONE
Briarbridge Patrol - DONE
Corrupted Grafstone - DONE
Dark Petition - DONE
Deadly Tempest - DONE
Demonic Pact - DONE
Epiphany at the Drownyard
Falkenrath Gorger - DONE
Hallowed Moonlight - DONE
Inverter of Truth
Moonlight Hunt - DONE
Psychic Intrusion - DONE
Relentless Dead
Risen Executioner - DONE
Sin Prodder
Thief of Blood - DONE
To the Slaughter - DONE
Traverse the Ulvenwald
Wretched Confluence
Above are screenshots of a Human Salvation deck that you will encounter in the Tutorial DLC. Odric, Lunarch Marshal is a powerhouse in this build and wins the game outright if he isn't removed immediately. He's not the centrepiece though. That honour belongs to Sigarda, Heron's Grace. You'll know why when you encounter her. This is a very challenging deck that will be used by the AI.

CARDS NEEDED FOR MY UPCOMING MASSIVE DLC

Centaur Vinecrasher
Corpse Augur
Daxos' Torment
Ezuri, Claw of Progress
Great Oak Guardian - DONE
Illusory Ambusher - DONE
Malicious Affliction - DONE
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
Meren of Clan Nel Toth
Mirror Match
Mizzix's Mastery
Oreskos Explorer
Rite of the Raging Storm
Selvala, Explorer Returned
Selvala's Charge
Synthetic Destiny

TAKING FOUR DECK REQUEST

There are four vacancies currently open because Chakan has already filled one of the five slots. I'll use the first four deck request posted in this thread to go against the AI decks I'm creating. If you would like to have your deck included in the upcoming Tutorial DLC submit it in this format:

Deck Name
Ruinous Path - 1
Thought-Knot Seer - 2
Transgress the Mind - 3
Ultimate Price - 4
I'll continue trying to code most of these cards. If the word 'DONE' is next to a card name then it was directly exported from the Community Wad using Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3 or we created a new card and tested it.
Last edited by Tejahn on 16 Jun 2016, 23:11, edited 14 times in total.
Tejahn

Re: MAGiC DUELS - CARD REQUEST THREAD

Postby thefiremind » 17 May 2016, 09:41

From a quick glance I can already see some cards that we currently lack the support to code:
  • Accursed Witch//Infectious Curse: I would have loved to code this one, but we can't adjust the costs based on what we target. The game needs to know what you can pay for, before you actually try to play it and choose the targets.
  • Zada, Hedron Grinder: a couple of DotP iterations ago, we lost the function that checks if something can be targeted by something else. We can't code Precursor Golem anymore, and the same goes for Zada.
There may be more, I'll update the list if I find other ones.

About Choked Estuary, have you tried to start from Auntie's Hovel or Gilt-Leaf Palace (they are in DATA_000 as AI cards) as a template? The principle is the same.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 17 May 2016, 13:29

If I were to pick a deck of mine that I both like a lot and think would be suitable for a tutorial, I'd say it'd have to be Countermand or Transcension. They've not got the issues that my other favorites of mine have. For instance, "If You Build It" has no lands. "Cascading from the Maelstrom" is 5 colors and relies heavily on (of course) cascading. "Please Sire May I Have Some More" has so many counters and triggers it can get frustrating after awhile (although I've negated that a lot with custom auto-skips).

I'd say don't make both, but I'd really like to see one of these.
Transcension | Open
Elspeth Tirel - 1
Elspeth, Sun's Champion - 1
Emeria, the Sky Ruin - 1
Godsend - 3
Hedron-Field Purists - 4
Honor of the Pure - 4
Inheritance - 2
Lightmine Field - 4
Mark of Asylum - 2
Monastery Mentor - 4
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - 2
Orim's Prayer - 4
Serra's Sanctum - 2
Sigil of the Empty Throne - 1
Starfield of Nyx - 4
Transcendent Master - 4

Countermand | Open
Blinding Flare - 2
Cascade Bluffs - 4
Contagion Clasp - 3
Core Prowler - 3
Dack Fayden - 2
Daretti, Scrap Savant - 4
Hidden Strings - 4
Inexorable Tide - 2
Ral Zarek - 2
Sage of Hours - 4
Sulfur Falls - 4
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage - 2
Temple of Epiphany - 4
Tezzeret's Gambit - 2
Thrummingbird - 4
Viral Drake - 3
Volcanic Island - 4
Volt Charge - 3

Countermand needs a different name. I didn't know Countermand was an actual card, and it makes it seem like the deck counters stuff rather than commanding counters... Anyway, Countermand is my less favorite of those two, but it has the potential to give you infinite turns and near unlimited draw. And if you can only get through once with Viral Drake, you can still win with ease.

Transcension focuses on preventing bits of damage and then punishing attacking with lots of creatures. So, the only viable way through is to attack with one powerful creature, which Godsend defends against very nicely. Get a Transcendent Master leveled up with a Godsend and you've basically won. And if you that doesn't work, Mark of Asylum makes your creatures immune to your Lightmine Fields that are hampering your opponents.

Both are fun, though I prefer Transcension to Countermand.

Also, let me know if you figure out what's going on with the land bugging the rest of the game. If it can be fixed, I'll see about tracking down and fixing it on whatever cards I can so they can then be directly ported over.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 17 May 2016, 22:13

thefiremind wrote:From a quick glance I can already see some cards that we currently lack the support to code:
  • Accursed Witch//Infectious Curse: I would have loved to code this one, but we can't adjust the costs based on what we target. The game needs to know what you can pay for, before you actually try to play it and choose the targets.
  • Zada, Hedron Grinder: a couple of DotP iterations ago, we lost the function that checks if something can be targeted by something else. We can't code Precursor Golem anymore, and the same goes for Zada.
There may be more, I'll update the list if I find other ones.

About Choked Estuary, have you tried to start from Auntie's Hovel or Gilt-Leaf Palace (they are in DATA_000 as AI cards) as a template? The principle is the same.
Accursed Witch // Infectious Curse would have been perfect for an AI deck I created. Well, I'll start looking for a replacement.

And I assumed that Zada, Hedron Grinder was possible because I saw Precursor Golem in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 which I have extracted. I think it's rather unfortunate that cards which were possible in earlier versions of the game become impossible to code in later versions.

Also, as you can see in the screenshot above, I got Choked Estuary working by using the templates you suggested. I'm not sure why I didn't think to reference them before. However, I'm still having trouble with Bound by Moonsilver, Dark Petition, Epiphany at the Drownyard, Psychic Intrusion, and To the Slaughter. These are the ones I've been attempting to code today.

Xander9009 wrote:If I were to pick a deck of mine that I both like a lot and think would be suitable for a tutorial, I'd say it'd have to be Countermand or Transcension. They've not got the issues that my other favorites of mine have. For instance, "If You Build It" has no lands. "Cascading from the Maelstrom" is 5 colors and relies heavily on (of course) cascading. "Please Sire May I Have Some More" has so many counters and triggers it can get frustrating after awhile (although I've negated that a lot with custom auto-skips).

I'd say don't make both, but I'd really like to see one of these.
Transcension | Open
Elspeth Tirel - 1
Elspeth, Sun's Champion - 1
Emeria, the Sky Ruin - 1
Godsend - 3
Hedron-Field Purists - 4
Honor of the Pure - 4
Inheritance - 2
Lightmine Field - 4
Mark of Asylum - 2
Monastery Mentor - 4
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - 2
Orim's Prayer - 4
Serra's Sanctum - 2
Sigil of the Empty Throne - 1
Starfield of Nyx - 4
Transcendent Master - 4

Countermand | Open
Blinding Flare - 2
Cascade Bluffs - 4
Contagion Clasp - 3
Core Prowler - 3
Dack Fayden - 2
Daretti, Scrap Savant - 4
Hidden Strings - 4
Inexorable Tide - 2
Ral Zarek - 2
Sage of Hours - 4
Sulfur Falls - 4
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage - 2
Temple of Epiphany - 4
Tezzeret's Gambit - 2
Thrummingbird - 4
Viral Drake - 3
Volcanic Island - 4
Volt Charge - 3

Countermand needs a different name. I didn't know Countermand was an actual card, and it makes it seem like the deck counters stuff rather than commanding counters... Anyway, Countermand is my less favorite of those two, but it has the potential to give you infinite turns and near unlimited draw. And if you can only get through once with Viral Drake, you can still win with ease.

Transcension focuses on preventing bits of damage and then punishing attacking with lots of creatures. So, the only viable way through is to attack with one powerful creature, which Godsend defends against very nicely. Get a Transcendent Master leveled up with a Godsend and you've basically won. And if you that doesn't work, Mark of Asylum makes your creatures immune to your Lightmine Fields that are hampering your opponents.

Both are fun, though I prefer Transcension to Countermand.

Also, let me know if you figure out what's going on with the land bugging the rest of the game. If it can be fixed, I'll see about tracking down and fixing it on whatever cards I can so they can then be directly ported over.
The rarity restriction and creating decks with no lands isn't a problem with the method I use. It's only a problem if you try to create a landless deck using the in-game deck builder. Also, all of those decks sound very interesting. Go ahead and post those as well and I'll test them.

As of now, both of the decks you submitted are in two of the open slots. Which deck you would like retained will be up to you if other people submit decks they would like included.

As for Choked Estuary, I've not had time to do an XML comparison but here is the code that works for Magic Duels. I removed the non-English text to shorten the code in this example.

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY replacement_query="1" active_zone="ZONE_TRANSITION">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[As Choked Estuary enters the battlefield, you may reveal an Island or Swamp card from your hand. If you don’t, Choked Estuary enters the battlefield tapped.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local filter = ClearFilter()
    local subfilter = filter:AddSubFilter_Or()
       subfilter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, LAND_TYPE_ISLAND )
       subfilter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, LAND_TYPE_SWAMP )
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_HAND, EffectController())
    EffectController():ChooseItem( "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_AN_ISLAND_OR_SWAMP_TO_REVEAL", EffectDC():Make_Targets(0), QUERY_FLAG_MAY)
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local revealDC = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0)
    if revealDC ~= nil then
       local cardToReveal = revealDC:Get_CardPtr(0)
       if cardToReveal~= nil then
          for i = 0, (MTG():GetNumberOfPlayers()-1) do
             local player = MTG():GetNthPlayer(i)
             if player ~= nil and player ~= EffectController() then
                player:RevealDCToMe(revealDC)
             end
          end
          return
       end
    end
    EffectSource():Tap()
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>

<MANA_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <PRODUCES amount="{U/B}" cost="TAP" />
  </MANA_ABILITY>

<QUERYTEXT tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_AN_ISLAND_OR_SWAMP_TO_REVEAL">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[You may choose an Island or Swamp in your hand to reveal. If you don’t, Choked Estuary will enter the battlefield tapped. Click finish to make no selection.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </QUERYTEXT>
Tejahn

Postby petercal » 18 May 2016, 10:17

Thank you very much for modding efforts. I like to get into it myself, but got lost a while back. I am looking forward to your tutorial to figure things out.

So I like to suggest a deck comprised solely of already existing coded cards from DotP 2015. If I can see how you implement it (or not), I can see how to carry over the rest of DotP 2015 card code to Duels.

Warpin' | Open
Archaeomancer - 4
Cultivate - 4
Darksteel Ingot - 3
Dinrova Horror - 3
Elixir of Immortality - 1
Elvish Pioneer - 4
Elvish Visionary - 4
Forest - 12
Inferno Titan - 1
Island - 2
Masked Admirers - 2
Meteorite - 3
Mountain - 8
Raised by Wolves - 3
Rune-Scarred Demon - 2
Swamp - 2
Warp World - 2

This deck is a lot of fun when you can fire off a Warp World. If you have more permanents on the battle field than your opponent does, the recoursive power of Warp World and your ETB effects can wipe out your opponent's board state after a few sequential castings.

Yet, it is not overpowering since speedy aggro & timely counterspells can stop it (assuming people recognize the deck). It is a lot fun to pull the handle on the slot machine & see the results.

Hope you will consider including this DotP 2015 deck.
petercal

Postby thefiremind » 19 May 2016, 12:04

Here are Corrupted Grafstone and To the Slaughter, they need testing. Let me know if they work.
Corrupted Grafstone, To the Slaughter.zip
Reuploaded with revised To the Slaughter
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Corrupted Grafstone is made to work and look as good as I could achieve: it will auto-tap as any other mana source for any mana it can produce, while you'll need to click on the granted ability text in order to tap it manually. If you have no colors in your graveyard, you won't be able to tap it (according to the rules you should be able to, but inserting an activated ability that lets you tap it for no effect when you have no colors in your graveyard would have made things overly complicated in my opinion).

I also attempted to code Demonic Pact by experimenting with an idea I had, but with no success: the problem is that we can't put conditions on the choices directly. We can put them on the targets, so I could have made it work if all 4 choices required targets, but since this is not the case, I couldn't. I might have another idea, but I can't promise anything.
Last edited by thefiremind on 21 May 2016, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 19 May 2016, 17:39

thefiremind wrote:Here are Corrupted Grafstone and To the Slaughter, they need testing. Let me know if they work.Corrupted Grafstone is made to work and look as good as I could achieve: it will auto-tap as any other mana source for any mana it can produce, while you'll need to click on the granted ability text in order to tap it manually. If you have no colors in your graveyard, you won't be able to tap it (according to the rules you should be able to, but inserting an activated ability that lets you tap it for no effect when you have no colors in your graveyard would have made things overly complicated in my opinion).

I also attempted to code Demonic Pact by experimenting with an idea I had, but with no success: the problem is that we can't put conditions on the choices directly. We can put them on the targets, so I could have made it work if all 4 choices required targets, but since this is not the case, I couldn't. I might have another idea, but I can't promise anything.
Have you looked at the Demonic Pact I already made? As far as I remember, it worked well. It was rather complicated, but it worked fine. It works by granting triggered abilities which have modes available for the options not yet chosen. So, if option 1 is chosen the first time, it grants an ability which has modes for options 2, 3, and 4, but not 1. If 3 is then chosen, it grants an ability with modes 2 and 4, but not 1 or 3. It's long-winded, since it needs 15 resource abilities for the actual code and then uses another 5 for showing text displaying which ones were previously chosen, but it's all repetitive, and as such, it's fairly straight-forward.

I'm pretty sure it's actually the longest card in the CW. It's 1516 lines. (Although, a good number of themn are blank lines. I usually avoid blank lines, but for this, I made an exception lol.) So, I'd post the code, but it's literally longer than the character limit for posts, so here's a download link instead: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... VBiUHpTMmM
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 19 May 2016, 21:16

Xander9009 wrote:Have you looked at the Demonic Pact I already made? As far as I remember, it worked well. It was rather complicated, but it worked fine.
I have just looked at it, and it's actually using the second idea I had. At least I already know it works. :D Since it's so long, I would advise testing its compatibility with Magic Duels right away rather than waiting for me to rewrite it all again. :mrgreen:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 21 May 2016, 07:35

Elspeth Tirel - Soldier Token.jpg
Elspeth Tirel - Soldier Token

Xander9009 wrote:...Transcension focuses on preventing bits of damage and then punishing attacking with lots of creatures. So, the only viable way through is to attack with one powerful creature, which Godsend defends against very nicely. Get a Transcendent Master leveled up with a Godsend and you've basically won. And if you that doesn't work, Mark of Asylum makes your creatures immune to your Lightmine Fields that are hampering your opponents.

Both are fun, though I prefer Transcension to Countermand...
TRANSCENSION

This is an amazingly strong deck even though the following cards didn't work and need to be modified to work in Magic Duels. I can just imagine how much more powerful this deck will be with all of it's components. I'll explain a bit of what I noticed when playing the deck.

Inheritance - It triggers but doesn't allow the option to pay 3 when creatures die from damage caused by Lightfield Mine. Also, when two or more creatures die through combat the option to pay 3 is only given once.
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - Code needs to be modified to work in Magic Duels.
Serra's Sanctum - Code needs to be modified to work in Magic Duels.
Starfield of Nyx - Code needs to be modified to work in Magic Duels.

The Level Up cards work perfectly and most of the other cards were already officially coded by the developers.

Xander9009 wrote:Countermand needs a different name. I didn't know Countermand was an actual card, and it makes it seem like the deck counters stuff rather than commanding counters... Anyway, Countermand is my less favorite of those two, but it has the potential to give you infinite turns and near unlimited draw. And if you can only get through once with Viral Drake, you can still win with ease...

...Both are fun, though I prefer Transcension to Countermand...
COUNTERMAND

There are no U/R Planeswalkers currently in the game so we can't reference MULTIVERSEID frames for Dack Fayden or Ral Zarek. However, we can use any of the available frames. You'll have to decide which Planeswalker uses which color.

Also, using the Chandra, Flamecaller frame for Daretti, Scrap Savant was not visually practical because her frame was meant to display more text on each ability. Unfortunately, for Daretti, Scrap Savant, the words are very small and really difficult to read. I'll try using the MULTIVERSEID of Chandra, Roaring Flame and see if that looks better.
Last edited by Tejahn on 21 May 2016, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 21 May 2016, 07:45

Raised by Wolves - Wolf Token.jpg
Raised by Wolves - Wolf Token

Warp World - Causing major upheaval.jpg
Warp World - Causing major upheaval

petercal wrote:Thank you very much for modding efforts. I like to get into it myself, but got lost a while back. I am looking forward to your tutorial to figure things out.

So I like to suggest a deck comprised solely of already existing coded cards from DotP 2015. If I can see how you implement it (or not), I can see how to carry over the rest of DotP 2015 card code to Duels.

This deck is a lot of fun when you can fire off a Warp World. If you have more permanents on the battle field than your opponent does, the recoursive power of Warp World and your ETB effects can wipe out your opponent's board state after a few sequential castings.

Yet, it is not overpowering since speedy aggro & timely counterspells can stop it (assuming people recognize the deck). It is a lot fun to pull the handle on the slot machine & see the results.

Hope you will consider including this DotP 2015 deck.
Of course it's included petercal, thanks for submitting the deck. Also, I witnessed first hand how overpowering the deck can be. The AI cast Warp World with an Archaeomancer on the battlefield and brought Warp World back from the graveyard four times. I thought it was going into an infinite loop until I realized I could use Reflector Mage to send the Archaeomancer back to their hand and prevent it from being played next turn. It seems I dodged infinity on that one. Lol! As you can see in the screenshot above, I literally had one card left in my library. And I thought it was so funny how Warp World was causing my Tireless Trackers to produce 57 Clue tokens and placing 18+ counters the Thalia's Lieutenant creatures I controlled. Lastly, the best thing about your card list is this: All of your cards were officially coded so the AI knew how to use them proficiently without me having to add tags such as <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" response_source="1" response_target="1" /> and <AI_BASE_SCORE score="1200" zone="ZONE_HAND" />. Your deck is ready.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 21 May 2016, 08:00

Demonic Pact - Four choices.jpg
Demonic Pact - Four choices

Demonic Pact - Three choices left.jpg
Demonic Pact - Three choices left

Demonic Pact - Two choices left.jpg
Demonic Pact - Two choices left

Demonic Pact - One choice left.jpg
Demonic Pact - One choice left

Demonic Pact - Displaying three previous choices.jpg
Demonic Pact - Displaying three previous choices

thefiremind wrote:I also attempted to code Demonic Pact by experimenting with an idea I had, but with no success: the problem is that we can't put conditions on the choices directly. We can put them on the targets, so I could have made it work if all 4 choices required targets, but since this is not the case, I couldn't. I might have another idea, but I can't promise anything.
Xander9009 wrote:Have you looked at the Demonic Pact I already made? As far as I remember, it worked well.
thefiremind wrote:I would advise testing its compatibility with Magic Duels right away rather than waiting for me to rewrite it all again.
DEMONIC PACT

Demonic Pact in the Community Wad coded by Xander9009 works fine. I added Query Text to it today and fully tested it. You are an incredibly dedicated and talented programmer to have written such a complex and lengthy code. I'm not sure I would have had the temerity to carry on. I salute your accomplishment. Sometime I wonder if people understand how much time and effort goes into coding. Also, I added a 'Last Updated' and 'Cards I'm Currently Working On' column to the first page so others will know what cards I'm attempting to code. Whatever isn't in those columns still need to be coded.

thefiremind wrote:Here are Corrupted Grafstone and To the Slaughter, they need testing. Let me know if they work...
Corrupted Grafstone is fully tested and works fine but neither the default ability or the delirium ability work on To the Slaughter.

Mayor of Avabruck.jpg
Mayor of Avabruck

Mayor of Avabruck - Not considered a double-faced card.jpg
Mayor of Avabruck - Not considered a double-faced card

Howlpack Alpha.jpg
Howlpack Alpha

Howlpack Alpha - Not considered a double-faced card.jpg
Howlpack Alpha - Not considered a double-faced card

TRANSFORMATION CARDS

Okay, here is what I discovered after making Mayor of Avabruck. A long time ago, I started using the CARDNAME for the ARTID of cards I code because that helps me find the illustration quicker if I want to change it or delete it. Since that day it's something I've always done. Thus, I used the same method on Mayor of Avabruck and noticed that the transformation would occur and the card functioned as it should but the illustration would be the one used for the front of the card even when the card flipped. It seems that transformation cards must use numbers for them to function properly. You'll notice in the 'Not considered a double-faced card' screenshots above that the rotation icon is not even on the card in the foreground because it's not considered a double-face card. The MORE INFO BADGE doesn't even appear in the information box if the value of the ARTID doesn't use numbers for transformation cards. This is an indicator that the card is not coded correctly. TFM, perhaps a more concise paraphrase of this information should be included in the opening post.
Tejahn

Postby thefiremind » 21 May 2016, 09:58

Tejahn wrote:Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - Code needs to be modified to work in Magic Duels.
Serra's Sanctum - Code needs to be modified to work in Magic Duels.
About "particular" mana sources in Magic Duels: they are very easy to implement with manual tapping, just look at Vessel of Volatility for an example. However, I think they messed up Vessel of Volatility because you shouldn't be able to respond to a mana ability: they approximated the mana ability with an activated ability (which is fine as long as you don't bring Burning-Tree Shaman to the mix) but forgot to make it resolve immediately. I would have added forced_skip="1", which hopefully should still work. Note that mana abilities (although usable manually) won't make the card glow, while activated abilities will make the card glow red, and that's not pretty in my opinion (that's why I chose to code Corrupted Grafstone the way I did), but if that's the only solution, you'll have to bear with it. For Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx the activated ability is really the only solution, while Serra's Sanctum could be coded with a large number of mana abilities, each one with a different number of white mana produced, but I would find that quite impractical.

Tejahn wrote:neither the default ability or the delirium ability work on To the Slaughter.
#-o I forgot just one line... here's the revised code.
To the Slaughter (hopefully fixed).zip
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

Tejahn wrote:TFM, perhaps a more concise paraphrase of this information should be included in the opening post.
Done! :)
Last edited by thefiremind on 22 May 2016, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 21 May 2016, 18:04

Tejahn wrote:TRANSFORMATION CARDS

Okay, here is what I discovered after making Mayor of Avabruck. A long time ago, I started using the CARDNAME for the ARTID of cards I code because that helps me find the illustration quicker if I want to change it or delete it. Since that day it's something I've always done. Thus, I used the same method on Mayor of Avabruck and noticed that the transformation would occur and the card functioned as it should but the illustration would be the one used for the front of the card even when the card flipped. It seems that transformation cards must use numbers for them to function properly. You'll notice in the 'Not considered a double-faced card' screenshots above that the rotation icon is not even on the card in the foreground because it's not considered a double-face card. The MORE INFO BADGE doesn't even appear in the information box if the value of the ARTID doesn't use numbers for transformation cards. This is an indicator that the card is not coded correctly. TFM, perhaps a more concise paraphrase of this information should be included in the opening post.
A few people have suggested this might be necessary for DotP 2014 as well, but I haven't really had the time to properly test it. So this is really helpful, since it makes it even more likely they're right. I'll have to go change those all at some point so they work correctly...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 22 May 2016, 07:52

Hey guys, good job!

I'm excited to start playing Magic Duels (I've been playing 2014 for over a year now)

I noticed in the main post you recommend using a Steam emulator. I tried to download the one you suggested (ALI213) but couldn't find it. Any chance you could give me a link for it please?

Also, I'm not sure what files to replace to mod it. Is there some place where this is explained? I looked around but I couldn't find it, and it seems Magic Duels is more tricky to mod than 2014?

Borborigmos

Postby thefiremind » 22 May 2016, 08:34

Borborigmos wrote:I noticed in the main post you recommend using a Steam emulator. I tried to download the one you suggested (ALI213) but couldn't find it. Any chance you could give me a link for it please?
I included a link on the first post of the "Magic Duels tests and results" thread.

Borborigmos wrote:Also, I'm not sure what files to replace to mod it.
Nothing pertinent to modding needs to be replaced (I mean, you will replace the steam_api DLLs with the emulated ones, but that won't change the game contents).

Borborigmos wrote:it seems Magic Duels is more tricky to mod than 2014?
Not really: the tricky part was finding the decryption key for the ZED files, and that has been done some time ago. The only downside is that, without the encryption key (which is practically impossible to find), our ZED files can't be compressed and they need to use a header from an official ZED file. In order to manipulate ZED files you can use either spirolone's MDO_CreateZed Java application (it was in an attachment on some post, I can't find it at the moment) or my D15Tool (which was born for DotP2015 but I added the functionality to pack/unpack Magic Duels ZED files which differ only for the decryption key).
thefiremind
Programmer

Next

Return to Magic Duels