It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:57

Text Size

Issue with tdx files

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Issue with tdx files

Postby Nick26 » 31 Aug 2016, 17:28

Hi everyone,
I have been importing cards from magic 2014 for a while (thanks to Spirolone's amazing tools =D> ) but I have an issue with tdx files. When I import a tdx file from magic 2014 original cards or from the community wad everything is ok, but when I try to use the tdx files I made cards look blue :|
I don't know what I am doing wrong, I am using gibbed tools from magic 2013 to generate tdx files and it has always worked great in every other mtg game so I am not sure what's the problem. I also tried to convert an original tdx file from magic origin to a png file and then convert it back and I have the same problem, so I think the problem is the converter. Is there another converter or another way to make tdx files?
Nick26

Re: Issue with tdx files

Postby Tejahn » 01 Sep 2016, 00:22

Nick26, I read your question in the MAGIC DUELS - CARD REQUEST THREAD as well as the post by magius74 in the Magic Duels tests and results so I'll be starting a Tutorial DLC - Progress Report thread soon. Concerning your question about the TDX conversion process, I noticed the same thing when I first started modding Magic Duels. To resolve the problem, follow the instructions given by kevlahnota in his topic located here: How To Make HQ images for Card Illustrations in DotP. Almost everything pertaining to Magic Duels is still derived from previous versions of DOTP. Looking through various XMLs it seems that Magic Duels was initially called DOTP 2016. Let me know if this helps.

EDIT: There is nothing you are doing wrong. Color palletes are read differently in Magic Duels for some reason. Specifically, some blue TDX files are processed in the game as red. I'll look into this more at a later date.
Tejahn

Postby RiiakShiNal » 02 Sep 2016, 23:17

If images from the community wad import fine then the problem is probably that you aren't compressing your TDX files. Card Images should be compressed with DXT1 compression and images with transparency should be using DXT5 compression. You should probably be using my modified Gibbed Tools and either passing the appropriate --dxt1 or --dxt5 parameter with the image (or dropping the images onto the batch files I provided which should be placed in the same directory as Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe).

Batch files again in case you can't find the link.
Attachments
BatchFilesForCompression.zip
(466 Bytes) Downloaded 249 times
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 03 Sep 2016, 08:51

Thanks for your suggestions, both ways work flawlessly :D
Nick26

Return to Magic Duels