It is currently 10 May 2021, 19:14

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Postby raphael75 » 20 Feb 2021, 01:50

You guys who do the scans are AWESOME! I am so thankful that you take the time to make hi-res scans of all these cards and share them. Do we have an ETA on the recent sets to go on the MEGA site? I've been posting the low-res ones from the visual spoiler on the wizards site, but it doesn't include all the variants, and, well, it's low-res. :)
raphael75
Programmer

Postby necxelos » 10 Mar 2021, 03:25

Dear CCGHQ Team:
For starters, let me say AWESOME JOB! Your scans are really great, quality is superb and I love them in my Forge.

I do reach out to You with a plethora of questions today (or tonight, depending on where You are and when You read it), regarding many topics. I'll try to organize those questions the best way I can but it ain't gonna be perfect.

Questions related to ongoing work on MTG cards in XLHQ resolution:

1) Do you guys aim to get every set in existence? I'm well aware new sets won't be ready anytime soon (I'm not one of those who keep asking about those in 999 topics) but there are plenty of old-as-earth sets that I can't find no matter how hard I try. REN, RIN, FBB, 4BB to name a few of the oldest ones.

2) Do you guys focus exclusively on scans or are You planning to prepare online-only sets in XLHQ resolution too? For as much as I searched, there is not a single online-only set in your files.

3) How come some of the sets have bigger file size in MB than others? While most of sets are close to a 500 KB number, there are some with sets double that size (around 1 MB). I'm talking XLHQs only.

Questions/Feedback related to current file ecosystem of your XLHQ cards for MTG:

4) Is there any chance you could consolidate your files somehow? As it stands now, files are spread across multiple torrents, multiple MEGA accounts and several forum topics. None of the sources have everything and each and every one of the sources have at least one set that others do not. The prime example would be JOU and BNG sets which are present in only one torrent (last one anyone would ever check) and there's several forum topics (not only here) asking where those are.

5) Are sets released when 100% completed or are there updates to already released sets? Is there any reason to download same set from multiple sources, hoping there are more files there than somewhere else?

Questions related to CCGHQ project in it's entirety:

6) Are you guys scanning and releasing XLHQ files from other card games too? I'm looking for any source of Doomtrooper, Cthulhu CCG > LCG high quality cards, without any success so far.

Other questions:

7) Are you guys supplying Scryfall with files? Their PNG files have the exact same resolution as your XLHQs which rang a "coincidence" bell in my head but since I'm not a pro in graphics I can't tell whether those are the same or one of them has better quality than the other.

P.S. If You'd rather answer any of those questions in PM (for example to avoid off-topic or delicate matters [yes, I've seen the attribution debate]), please: do PM me.

Thanks in advance for taking your time and answering my questions :)
necxelos

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Mar 2021, 23:11

Excellent questions necxelos. Charlequin should have most of the answers.

I can tell you one thing: the only sets scanned are for MTG. I tried for several years to expand our base, because after all there are more CCGs than just MTG. We called this place CCGHQ and not MTGHQ on purpose.
But there are not enough resources, at least on this forum, to mount the effort required to implement the sort of organized documentation we aim to achieve for any other CCGs besides MTG.

What we need are cards, someone to scan them, and someone to process them, and it's hard to get all three in coordination.

I would love to have complete Star Trek or Pokemon or YuGiOh scans, but it wasn't meant to be---which is not to say that it never could be.

As to your point about XLHQ scans being all spread around---that should be fixed.
The first step is to generate a list of all the sets and where they are. Or someone might have them in a collection already.
I'd appreciate having that list.

Thanks,

HB
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby mhayeck7 » 01 May 2021, 03:40

Hi! I just made my forum account to ask for some information. I've always used the mega link provived in this topic for download my HQ SET pics, but lately i haven't seen any new sets or cards. There is another place to download the pictures in HQ? I really loved the quality of the images here.
mhayeck7

Postby Xitax » 01 May 2021, 13:31

I think Scryfall pretty much has it covered nowadays.
Xitax

Postby MaxMtg » 01 May 2021, 18:18

mhayeck7 wrote:Hi! I just made my forum account to ask for some information. I've always used the mega link provived in this topic for download my HQ SET pics, but lately i haven't seen any new sets or cards. There is another place to download the pictures in HQ? I really loved the quality of the images here.
Use scryfall and some app that lets you mass download images, Charlequin hasn't posted in a while
MaxMtg

Postby verdealex79 » 01 May 2021, 19:52

Unfortunately many of scryfall pictures are bad quality. Look at black cards of Kaldheim set.
verdealex79

Postby MaxMtg » 01 May 2021, 21:27

verdealex79 wrote:Unfortunately many of scryfall pictures are bad quality. Look at black cards of Kaldheim set.
Yeah I've noticed the black cards and gods are still LQ, dunno if their team is aware or if they don't got the scans ready
MaxMtg

Postby verdealex79 » 02 May 2021, 11:01

But is Scryfall managed / collaborating with CCGHQ Scan team? I never understood if the same people collaborate to make those wonderful scans in both places.

Charlequin's scans were wonderful. Absolutely stunning.
verdealex79

Previous

Return to Pictures