Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Zendikar

Postby Mahamoti » 25 Mar 2009, 09:00

Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Re: Zendikar

Postby halfheart » 26 Mar 2009, 16:01

the new symbols are so ... :? :? :? :? , thanks for the info.
halfheart

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 27 Mar 2009, 18:01

It looks like we might see the future-shifted Muraganda Petroglyphs and Imperiosaur... it's got a very mayan/animalistic feel to it
I like being bad... it makes me happy...
staggerwingjtstw

Postby doxaios » 02 Aug 2009, 09:34

Do we have any news of this set?
doxaios

Postby Marek14 » 02 Aug 2009, 16:22

doxaios wrote:Do we have any news of this set?
According to Purifying Fire mana is supposed to be used differently on Zendikar than anywhere else in the multiverse.
Marek14
Tester

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 03 Aug 2009, 05:50

yes there's news, but I made it in a new post
staggerwingjtstw

Re: Zendikar UPDATED!

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 10 Aug 2009, 06:54

BORING!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

OH MY CRAP SO AWESOME!
ImageImage
ImageImage
staggerwingjtstw

Postby Accountancy » 16 Aug 2009, 03:37

There's some "spoiled" cards here: http://gatheringmagic.com/Forum/viewtop ... f=23&t=944 if anyone wanted to have a look.
The cards seem possible, they're all fairly balanced, even mox amethyst+ burning enquiry isn't overpowered, but we shall see in a couple weeks.
Accountancy

Postby FirePenguinMaster » 16 Aug 2009, 06:00

actually, two posts down from the first one it says they're confirmed fake. sad. i thought they were kinda cool :/
FirePenguinMaster
HQ Team Member

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 16 Aug 2009, 06:09

Besides the land, the only CONFIRMED card we have is the Sorin planeswalker, and that's just the art, we know nothing of his abilities and such. Thank you You Decided.
staggerwingjtstw

Postby Nyth » 16 Aug 2009, 10:59

Well, there have been cards spoiled from Zendikar in the new Planechase pre-constructed decks. The following image shows 4 commons from the 4 different pre-constructed decks available in the Planechase products.

These are confirmed by Wizards to be Zendikar "preview" cards and not from another future set. Whiplash Trap confirms a new set mechanic called Trap which is on an instant in this image (but could be on other spells/permanents - no news on this yet) while Kor Sanctifiers confirms the return of kicker as a mechanic. An interesting thing to note is the use of the verb form of kicker in the form of, "if it was kicked". Sounds a bit funny and I'm sure everyone will get a few laughs from kicking things while they play this block. I can predict some horrific puns and bad jokes coming out of this. Also interesting to note is the return of the Kor. Current speculation is that Zendikar must be the Kor's home plane.

I love the artwork of the whiplash trap throwing a humanoid creature flying into the air. Great flavour-art combo. Hideous End looks like it is affecting an Elf and the lose life effect supports the vampire tribe rumour. The Kors look like Kors so nothing major in that artwork but the Beast Hunt looks mighty interesting since the beasts/behomoths look very reptilian in nature. We know they are not dinosaurs but they're looking mighty close if you ask me.

Looking at the flavour text:
Hideous End
“A little dark magic won’t stop me. The worse the curse, the better the prize.” ―Radavi, Joruga relic hunter, last words

We can assume that Joruga is either a tribe/type of elf in Zendikar or it is a location name.

Kor Sanctifiers
“Why keep such trinkets? They only add weight to your travels.”
Beast Hunt

Nothing exciting to be gleamed from that text.

“Surely we could tame something besides hurdas and pillarfield oxen!” ―Sheyda, Ondu gamekeeper

As before, Ondu may be a tribe name or location name. And here's thinking that we have hurdas as new flavour-adding creatures similar to the mounts ridden by Lorwyn's races - the Kithkin springjacks and the Elf cervins (was it that?).

Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 17 Aug 2009, 06:53

Yeah, go me! As soon as I make a note that only the lands and that planeswalker were confirmed, wizards goes and shows us more! stupid wizards!

On a different note, as I have watched commentary on both Gleemax and MTGS, many judges have pointed out that the Trap subtype can only appear on Instants and Sorceries. (much the same way they had to create the Tribal type so that other spells could have creature types.)

Also! I"M SO KICKING MY CARDS! Take that you terrible Prison Barricade! I kicked you so now you can attack!
staggerwingjtstw

Postby Accountancy » 18 Aug 2009, 03:54

It seems wizards is actually going to include a fair bit of alternate cost things in the set anyway (like the possibly fake "sway" mechanic) i.e. Kicker and the whiplash trap.

I'm a little annoyed by the trap subtype, it's not very creative, makes me think of Yu-gai-ho and unless they have some really awesome reason for having it on there, it may end up a bit clunky, like Arcane.

I'm bringing some football shoes to the prerelease though, let the kicking resume.
Accountancy

Postby Mahamoti » 02 Sep 2009, 04:33

Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Postby Mahamoti » 06 Sep 2009, 04:24

Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Next

Return to Pictures