It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:09

Text Size

New Pics Torrent Progress

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

New Pics Torrent Progress

Postby Huggybaby » 01 Aug 2013, 18:39

Well, time is limited, and help is limited. I'll use this post to keep you updated. Please subscribe to this topic if you're interested.

GENERAL

* Missing sets are listed at the bottom of this post.

* From the Vault Legends needs a do-over. Extreme described the artifacts as looking like a thumbprint.

* I'm exploring p2p sync technology. http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html. Don't even suggest Dropbox or anything like it.
(UPDATE) BTSync is working very well. When done we'll see if this translates into a better launch.

* I'll be changing the way some cards are named. I don't expect any feedback until it's too late. That's the way it always is.
(UPDATE) I'm adding .crop and .xlhq appendages.

* I'm using the 3-letter set codes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ma ... ering_sets.

* Some codes I'll have to make up. For example, Introductory 2 Player isn't listed in the link above. I'm keeping it I2P.

* I need a simple file mover/renamer. A script-based utility that can read delimited text files will work. The idea is to translate between formats required by different programs. Otherwise, programmers can support whatever I come up with.

* Have to decide between
Forest1 (MWS priority format)
Forest 1
Forest (1) (Manalink 3.0 format)
Forest [1] (Magic Album Format)
(DONE, I'm using the classic "Forest1" since MWS hasn't died yet, and I have nostalgia. I could still change if anyone has a good reason.)

* Have been using Zip with store level compression. Must decide whether to keep it.
(DONE) I'm back to using torrentzip: http://sourceforge.net/projects/trrntzi ... /trrntzip/

* Split Cards and Flip Cards will use an underscore: Fire_Ice
(Update) Duels decks DDH fulls currently uses a hyphen surrounded by spaces to denote Split cards. This set also has single lands with a number, plus cards with regular hyphens. Thinking...
(DONE) Single lands will not get a number, see below. Split cards will get a hyphen surrounded by spaces, flip cards an underscore.
(UPDATE) Splits and flips should have both names in the title.

* If a set has multiple lands or other types, they will be numbered. If they have only one of a type, it will not get a number.
Example: A set has one Forest and two Swamps. Forest still doesn't get a number.
Forest.jpg
Swamp1.jpg
Swamp2.jpg

* "Ae", not "AE"

* Split cards should face left, so a 90 deg. clockwise turn brings them facing up.

* Tokens stay with sets (LATER MAYBE)

* ZEN has some big art lands, the small art has an "a", need to consider that one

* Emblem Elspeth, Knight-Errant

* If there is no .jpg prependage, the card is not normally playable, such as inserts

FULLS
UNH set has duplicates which I'm removing. Now we have
________.full.jpg and _____.full.jpg
also
Our Market Research.full.jpg
Our Market Research Shows That Players Like Really Long Card Names.full.jpg
Our Market Research Shows That Players Like Really Long Card Names So We Made.full.jpg

I originally did this to keep compatibility with the various masterbases, but until further notice I'll just keep the shortest versions.

*Wrong sizes
CROPS
5ED
INV
MMQ
NEM
PCY
S99
Fulls
S99

MISSING CROPS
(DONE, not possible) Unglued, Unhinged
Introductory 2 Player
From the Vault Dragons
jace vs chandra
phyrexia vs coalition
knights vs dragons
ajani vs nicol bolas
* TE_(Tempest)_Crops.zip: Checksum error in Gerrard's Battle Cry.jpg. The file is corrupt. Need a replacement.

MISSING FULLS

MISSING XLHQs
Last edited by Huggybaby on 08 Aug 2013, 04:45, edited 19 times in total.
Reason: Updates
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Pics Torrent

Postby skibulk » 01 Aug 2013, 19:26

Unglued and Unhinged can't really have crops; half the cards break out of or integrate with the artwork frame.

I'm a fan of Advanced Renamer Portable (http://www.advancedrenamer.com/download) for bulk renaming. I don't think it does moving though. I don't think the convention for versioned or split card naming really matters, as long as they're consistent. People can just bulk rename them to their desired format. Of course they still need some kind of "hook" or "flag" in their name to identify them. Previously the only cards with a slash in/their/titles were splits, which makes parsing them easy.

Regex pattern matching makes this renamer strong, so if you decide to use it and you need help writing a pattern to change all numbers on versiond cards, I can help with that. Something like
Code: Select all
(.+)(\d+)
replace with
Code: Select all
$1 [$2]
would change Forest1 to Forest [1].

Can p2p sync technology allow you to update the files in the folder, rather than re-creating a torrent from scratch if something needs to be fixed? If you go this route is there a way to allow more than one "folder admin" (or will you share the account with Extreme), so that if you become unable to maintain this one day, somebody else can keep it going?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Re: New Pics Torrent Progress

Postby Huggybaby » 01 Aug 2013, 19:39

Arch explained why I shouldn't use slashes here: viewtopic.php?p=127732#p127732
Slashes apparently bothers Linux file systems the same way "CON" bothers Windows systems. It looks like I'll be sticking with an underscore for both split and flip cards.

Can p2p sync technology allow you to update the files in the folder, rather than re-creating a torrent from scratch if something needs to be fixed?
Yes.

If you go this route is there a way to allow more than one "folder admin"
Yes.

I'm only considering it for those who can help. By help I mean renaming files, zipping and unzipping, otherwise my bandwidth is just as abused as by the current method. To really save bandwidth I'd need people who could read a text file and make changes on their end but that apparently will never happen.

For general distribution I'll have two torrents, one complete and one for updates.

<edit> PS I'm using Bulk Rename Utility. I don't expect end users to use any of these, I need something purpose built.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 03 Aug 2013, 15:08

First post updated.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 04 Aug 2013, 21:21

Collection is up to 8.7 GB, and still lots of stuff to add. :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Xitax » 04 Aug 2013, 22:20

This is just excellent.
Will the torrent-sync automatically move/delete files if you delete files, or change folder names?
Xitax

Postby Huggybaby » 04 Aug 2013, 22:35

Yes. I can move, delete, and change folder names AFAICT. The only thing I can't do is change the name of the top folder, which has the typo in it MIG instead of MTG. :lol:

So when we get done, and everything is correct, you'll be able to point the torrent to the containing folder I create, which will probably be "CCGHQ MTG Pics".
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby skibulk » 08 Aug 2013, 18:55

Great work Huggybaby! Should we accomodate "xlhq crops" vs "hq crops"? and will foreign sets be included or will they each have their own folder?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Aug 2013, 19:06

Good question. I keep trying to get a handle on this thing and it keeps slipping away from me.

I'm not going to touch foreign sets for now.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Aug 2013, 19:36

Hey skibulk, I don't think I've ever released any xlhq crops, is that correct? <edit> I see some at the Russian mirror, but I can't find a post where I released any. </edit>

Did you make yours from the full xlhqs?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby extreme » 08 Aug 2013, 20:45

i definitely never did any xlhq crops
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Aug 2013, 22:42

Alright, that's less work to do.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby skibulk » 09 Aug 2013, 00:52

I released 4 sets of xlhq crops from the original sets that we released - I think it was back near the Zendikar set in the release thread.I guess we can just leave them out... but I still like them.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Aug 2013, 01:37

I'll put them in when I get done. I'm glad I finally know that they exist in limited sets, and where they came from.

The plan is to call them Land.xrop.jpg.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Aug 2013, 03:26

Standards have been established, and almost 4GB have been done, with over 10GB to be mirrored.

This is the good stuff!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Next

Return to Pictures