It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:39

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Postby charlequin » 01 May 2018, 21:37

Tolvo wrote:I noticed the size of the folder was pretty low compared to previous releases. Are the images lower quality than usual or is it just a compression issue?
I put them through an image optimization pass. It's possible it's tuned lower than it was previously but I didn't see any issues on my pre-release examination. If the actual card images seem to be impacted let me know and I can reprocess.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby EvilSheep » 10 May 2018, 17:17

charlequin wrote:
Tolvo wrote:I noticed the size of the folder was pretty low compared to previous releases. Are the images lower quality than usual or is it just a compression issue?
I put them through an image optimization pass. It's possible it's tuned lower than it was previously but I didn't see any issues on my pre-release examination. If the actual card images seem to be impacted let me know and I can reprocess.
I want to thank you guys as always for your amazing work. That said, I too have noticed that the Dominaria scans appear to be lower quality than usual. Compare for example these two drakes from HOU and Dominaria (200dpi downloaded from the mega folder):
Aerial Guide.full.jpg
Academy Drake.full.jpg

Compared to the HOU scans, the DOM scans appear blurrier, darker, lower contrast and lower saturation. As someone else pointed out, if we compare the 200dpi folder size between DOM and AKH, it has dropped from 44MB to 19MB for about the same number of scans.

In writing this post, I also noticed the DOM scans posted in this thread looked slightly better than the ones in the mega folder. If we compare the example Artificer's Assistant, it's a 120KB image compared to 68.5KB from megadownload. In comparison, the mega file is slightly blurrier and has increased artifacting, which is indicative of a jpeg file that has been resaved at a lower quality setting. However I would note that even the 120KB image appears lower quality in comparison to the HOU scans, for the aforementioned reasons.

Artificer's Assistant.full.jpg
(from Mega)
EvilSheep

Postby Tolvo » 11 May 2018, 13:45

EvilSheep wrote:Compared to the HOU scans, the DOM scans appear blurrier, darker, lower contrast and lower saturation.
I only compared to AKH (300dpi) quality and size-wise. Whoever processed the AKH scans used quite a bit of sharpening, so the difference between those and DOM is pretty noticeable.

HOU looks very natural in comparison.
Tolvo

Postby Xitax » 12 May 2018, 11:54

I agree. It's all due to sharpening.

Personally, I download the XLHQ's and make my own HQ's with the sharpening set to my own taste.
Xitax

Postby digitek » 18 May 2018, 19:56

Hi All - first thank you for maintaining this site and page - it is invaluable as I still use Magic Workstation. One question on Born of the Gods. I still don't see 200 DPI scans available on the Mega folders provided - all other sets look good but the only scans I see are on the main link with the higher resolution full card scans. There is a Born of the Gods folder but it doesn't appear to have a 200DPI scans file.

This is the one set in the last 5-6 years I still don't have full images for and would be great to complete it.

Thanks!
digitek

Postby charlequin » 27 May 2018, 22:14

I've reprocessed the DOM images and reuploaded, that should hopefully address any image quality concerns people had.

I've also uploaded a new version of the XLN images after going through one-by-one to correct colors on them as the cards in this set had a much poorer, more inconsistent print quality than usual.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby EvilSheep » 08 Jun 2018, 00:57

Thanks, it's quite a big improvement. The artifacts are decreased and the contrast is much better. Many thanks!
EvilSheep

Postby Dormient » 08 Jun 2018, 06:33

Thank you for the quick release! Great work as always!
Dormient

Postby madmax396 » 28 Jun 2018, 00:14

Hi guys!
Where are Theros, Journey into the Nyx, and Born of the Gods 200, 300 DPI Cards? The only files available in the mega.nz site are the tokens and advertisement cards.
The old sets (Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised Edition, Revised Edition "Summer Magic" ) torrent doesn't work. Any thoughts on where to get HQ old sets?
Attachments
Pictures.torrent
TORRENT DON´T WORK, PLEASE FIX IT!!! PATH: Frequently Asked Questions & Download Links // When/Where can I download {Set Name} or {Card Name}? // More Links: Magic Album Torrent (All Sets & Promos, 200DPI Only)
(116.51 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Last edited by madmax396 on 02 Jul 2018, 19:58, edited 2 times in total.
madmax396

Postby Devilman06 » 28 Jun 2018, 12:13

for some reason, I cannot get the image for the Battle Bonds Planeswalker pair, Will and Rowan Kenrith, to appear in Forge. not sure why. every version seems to not work using the uploader. Is it just me or are others having the same issue?
Devilman06

Postby Xitax » 28 Jun 2018, 13:04

This isn't the right forum - but they need to be named Rowan Kenrith1.full.jpg, Rowan Kenrith2.full.jpg and so on.
Xitax

Postby madmax396 » 02 Jul 2018, 21:14

madmax396 wrote:Hi guys!
Where are Theros, Journey into the Nyx, and Born of the Gods 200, 300 DPI Cards? The only files available in the mega.nz site are the tokens and advertisement cards.
The old sets (Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised Edition, Revised Edition "Summer Magic" ) torrent doesn't work. Any thoughts on where to get HQ old sets?
I apologize to those who downloaded the link I posted in my previous message. the reason of my publication was to warn that (picture.torrent) located at: "Frequently Asked Questions & Download Links // When / Where can I download {Set Name} or {Card Name}? // More Links: Magic Album Torrent (All Sets & Promos, 200DPI Only) "does not work! I Wrote the contents of my post incorrectly, I expressed myself badly. I have searched in different open topics without being able to obtain the blocks that I need and there are certainly many.

For example, on the uploaded mega links for CCGHQ Releases and CCGHQ More Releases, Theros, Journey into the Nyx, and Born of the Gods 200, 300 DPI Cards and other releases that were previously complete, are no longer available.

I ask you, if possible, to repair the torrent links or re-upload the missing blocks to mega. Again, I apologize to those who downloaded the broken link that I uploaded.
madmax396

Postby hernan1234 » 08 Jul 2018, 00:18

First of all i register to this site because i want to say Thank YOU! a big Thank you for the staff and all people for make all the effort to provide us the cards!. Ive been searching for all over the internet and is nothing better thant this!. THANK YOU! TY so much!
hernan1234

Postby hernan1234 » 08 Jul 2018, 00:59

madmax396 wrote:
madmax396 wrote:Hi guys!
I apologize to those who downloaded the link I posted in my previous message. the reason of my publication was to warn that (picture.torrent) located at: "Frequently Asked Questions & Download Links // When / Where can I download {Set Name} or {Card Name}? // More Links: Magic Album Torrent (All Sets & Promos, 200DPI Only) "does not work! I Wrote the contents of my post incorrectly, I expressed myself badly. I have searched in different open topics without being able to obtain the blocks that I need and there are certainly many.

For example, on the uploaded mega links for CCGHQ Releases and CCGHQ More Releases, Theros, Journey into the Nyx, and Born of the Gods 200, 300 DPI Cards and other releases that were previously complete, are no longer available.

I ask you, if possible, to repair the torrent links or re-upload the missing blocks to mega. Again, I apologize to those who downloaded the broken link that I uploaded.
In the torrent named XLHQ-Sets-Torrent Alpha is LEA beta is LEB Unlimited edition is 2ED, Journey "etc" is JOU, is all in that torrent, you have to search more exactly in the forum and u will find the abreviations for every edition. In the MEGA link isnt longer available because is in the torrent.
Bye!
hernan1234

Postby charlequin » 08 Jul 2018, 04:11

Few different slightly belated releases today!

First up: Battlebond, the draft innovation set for Two-Headed Giant play.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Second, Signature Spellbook: Jace.

ImageImage

And finally, Global Series: Jiang Yanggu & Mu Yanling.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All three can be found in the More Releases folder.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures