It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:59

Text Size

New Folder & File Name Structure for Image Releases &Torrent

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: New Folder & File Name Structure for Image Releases &Tor

Postby Wurm » 21 Oct 2015, 21:50

MTGCardslist wrote:Was merely suggesting since I saw it was a post to maybe build a new structure

Nothing to worry about...it may be too much of work to script it... and keep updating mutiple folder structure...

On my end I update manualy my files according to my structure

One thing I might want to point out is that is is something difficult to figure out all the new pics on that downloads site...since you have to open all the folders to see which ones are the most recent sub folders
That's what I do, I keep and update my own folder structure since there isn't a way that fits everyone. Meanwhile I'll update the torrent according as it is now. The only change I can think about is dropping those two folders and have ALL zips at the base of the torrent. No structure, only codes, have a txt in the form "[set code] - [set full name]" (attached in the post together with the torrent) and end to all discussions :mrgreen:

Scripts would follow to adapt for Forge, change the codes for full names, organize in sub-folders, whatever. I'll try to make one for Forge, with the rename and move commands.
Wurm

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Oct 2015, 23:03

I think Promos will be in a separate torrent because there's no way to simply name the zips. At that point you can go wild with your folder hierarchy or naming. It won't be simple to keep it simple I think.

Keep the end user in mind. If the collection is to be for gamers then keep it simple, if the collection is for collectors then more complication may be in order. From observing over the years it seems collectors are more the target.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby charlequin » 21 Oct 2015, 23:07

Wurm wrote:Btw, how complete would be the promos archive? Are many still missing? Is the following Missing Promos list the only ones still to be scanned in XLHQ?
Yep, this list is up to date as of my last release (Relic Hunter etc.) I will note three things about it: it's only English-language currently, so there are some unique cards like the last two years of MPS lands that are missing but not listed because they don't have an English-language printing; I've only verified that every card is present in some form, so we might still be missing cards in cases where the same promo has a regular and a foil version; and it's still up in the air how we're going to handle pre-release cards going forward given the volume of them, so I'm personally excluding them from consideration at the moment
(though I believe Teppic is still up to date on the list.)

Thinking about it, I'd very much like a promos torrent. Would you consider making one?
My plan at the moment is to package them up that way. As with the primary torrent, I'll put up a sample version with a preliminary structure and adjust it based on feedback. I'm not ready quite yet though -- I still have a lot of cleanup to do, like renaming folders and ensuring every image has the correct spelling and .xlhq.jpg extension.

MTGCardslist wrote:One thing I might want to point out is that is is something difficult to figure out all the new pics on that downloads site...since you have to open all the folders to see which ones are the most recent sub folders
Not quite sure what you mean. Is it just that it's hard to tell what's updated on More Releases? I do post every update I make on this forum somewhere, but yeah, it's still hard to track.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Oct 2015, 23:09

Wurm wrote:The only change I can think about is dropping those two folders and have ALL zips at the base of the torrent. No structure, only codes, have a txt in the form "[set code] - [set full name]" (attached in the post together with the torrent) and end to all discussions :mrgreen:
That's the way I was headed. The way I've named the zips everything can indeed be in one folder. There's one major problem though: Users don't always want everything. They might want only Crops, or Fulls. To make that possible, there needs to be a folder for each size, otherwise it's a real pain to manually select each set before downloading. We have five sizes now.

I'll reply this weekend when I'm not working. I really appreciate all the time and work you guys are putting in to this.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Previous

Return to Pictures