How to install Pictures

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How to install Pictures

Postby kilosi » 23 Dec 2015, 15:57

I believe I have figured this out.

What you must do is the following:
Download the images.

Unzip all of the images in the cache/pics/cards directory as free cards. So this directory will have every single card in it - no sub directories or anything.

Then you must rename every file to be ".full.jpg" instead of ".jpg". This will then make Forge work properly.

TY.

I believe I will write a program to unzip every zip file and rename the images to .full.jpg for me. This will be easier than unzipping all of these files, etc.

TY for the help!

----------------
Old Post
----------------
Hello

I have downloaded the pictures from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1233

I now have a bunch of zip files. I am unsure of what method to tell forge about them (the 4K ones).

I have unzipped the 4K THS set and pasted them into the C:\Users\zzz\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\cards directory, but Forge doesn't display them.

Perhaps someone can assist!

TY.
kilosi

Re: How to install Pictures

Postby kilosi » 23 Dec 2015, 20:31

I guess my only remaining question is this:

How do you have different pictures for the reprints and different arts?

It seems the program uses the same name for the card, ie: Air Elemental.full.jpg for all versions of that name.

This also includes lands from the different sets - they all have the same names.

I'd like to have the unique images per set.

How is this done?

Thanks.
kilosi

Postby ahkren » 23 Dec 2015, 22:43

Pictures for different sets are seperated by set abreviation folders. S in your previous example, under C:\Users\zzz\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\cards there would be folders like A, THS, BFZ, etc...
Different art for different cards in the same set are labeled as such with a number after the name (Air Elemental1.full.jpg, Air Elemental2.full.jpg)
This is, as far as I am aware (and I have set up on my own system), the way forge looks for the pictures.
ahkren
Programmer

Postby kilosi » 24 Dec 2015, 00:03

Thanks for the reply!

So, could I in theory, just paste in all of the directories into the cache/pics/cards folder and not have them all in the same directory?

ie:
cards
.....THS
..........card1
..........card....
..........cardmax
.....BFZ
..........card1
..........card....
..........cardmax
.....rest of directories for each set
<<no jpgs in the pics/cards directory. Everything is under the set sub-directories>>

Hopefully that makes sense!

And thanks for your reply. I am really digging the AI. Sure it isn't perfect, but it's great to pilot new decks against.
kilosi

Postby ahkren » 24 Dec 2015, 01:23

Yes, you got it.
ahkren
Programmer

Postby kilosi » 24 Dec 2015, 01:33

ahkren wrote:Yes, you got it.
Great, thanks.

Earlier, I did the now idiotic thing of putting everything in the same directory. So I was copying and pasting all of the unpacked files. lolol I have since deleted them and rerunning my program to unzip all of the zip files.

Another question, maybe you know, but the XL and 4k pics, they can be used instead of the Full ones? They just need to be named xxxx.full.jpg?

Or do they stay at their normal things like xxxx.hq4k.jpg?

You've been super helpful - really appreciate it!
kilosi

Postby ahkren » 24 Dec 2015, 01:51

forge looks for .full.jpg so whichever one you want to use just have them named .full.jpg
ahkren
Programmer

Postby kilosi » 24 Dec 2015, 03:13

ahkren wrote:forge looks for .full.jpg so whichever one you want to use just have them named .full.jpg
Great, thanks 2x.

OK! The images are sometimes under the wrong directory names. For example, the DarkSteel cards are under DST, but Forge is looking for the "DS" directory.

I suspect this is a bug of some sorts due to the fact the majority of Forge uses the 3 letter code for each set.
(This is an issue with anything from the download site from 5DN on)

Can anyone confirm this? TY

-------------
Old Post
-------------
I am having an interesting issue.

It seems some cards are not properly loading for some sets even though they are present in the same directory under the right subdirectory...

So for example, I have Vedalken Engineer.full.jpg in cards/DST/Vedalken Engineer.full.jpg but the game does not seem to see this? This seems to be the case for multiple sets after and including 5DN: such as MRD, 5DN, MMQ, LGN, etc.

Any explanation for this?

Thanks!
kilosi

Postby kudit » 24 Dec 2015, 20:52

DS is the code Wizards used for the Darksteel set as all the original sets just had 2 letter codes. The complete list of Gatherer codes can be found here:
http://deckmaster.info/sets.php
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby kilosi » 24 Dec 2015, 21:06

kudit wrote:DS is the code Wizards used for the Darksteel set as all the original sets just had 2 letter codes. The complete list of Gatherer codes can be found here:
http://deckmaster.info/sets.php
Thanks! This will be helpful in the future.

I ended up running from the command line to see the error messages and it was giving errors of DS/xxxx missing. So I just kept on clicking on the sets that were missing images to get what the program was expecting. This ended up fixing my issue.

I hope others find my (and the people who have posted here) thread helpful!
kilosi

Return to Pictures