It is currently 20 Jul 2017, 18:32
   
Text Size

World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby rotarydials » 17 Nov 2016, 05:14

Spooky timing. I've been busy with work & other topics demanding my time. I just had a few minutes tonight and thought, "hey, I'll log in to the forum and see what's new!"

Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

I still have all the decks for now, and have played several informal games with them.
rotarydials
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Jan 2016, 19:13
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby charlequin » 17 Nov 2016, 06:53

All 40 decks from the WC and PT decks have now been released; further details, including sample pictures, all available in the Pictures megathread.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby Arcanist » 18 Nov 2016, 00:09

charlequin wrote:All 40 decks from the WC and PT decks have now been released; further details, including sample pictures, all available in the Pictures megathread.
The main deck version of Shatter is missing from the Mark Justice's Pro Tour deck (PT96-08.) On the other hand it contains Incinerate which does not appear on the deck list card. It looks like the listing is incomplete though as it totals only 58 cards.

There are also some inconsistencies in the naming of land cards for the first two decks: The first land is not suffixed with "1" as in other decks. Other World Championship decks are affected by this issue, so this is probably not worth fixing.

Edit: Thanks for the decks by the way!
Arcanist
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 20 Jun 2015, 20:12
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby rotarydials » 18 Nov 2016, 01:43

No problem for me to scan the Shatter if needed, charlequin let me know!
rotarydials
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Jan 2016, 19:13
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby charlequin » 18 Nov 2016, 04:05

Yeah if you can scan the shatter for me I'll process it and add it to the release.

There's two incinerates in the actual decklist, which would bring it to 60, so I'm guessing the card just missed a line here: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=9249&d=253134&f=ST
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby dragsamou » 18 Nov 2016, 18:15

charlequin wrote:Yeah if you can scan the shatter for me I'll process it and add it to the release.

There's two incinerates in the actual decklist, which would bring it to 60, so I'm guessing the card just missed a line here: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=9249&d=253134&f=ST
Hi Charlequin

According to my sources and info added in that subsection on Magiclibrarities:

Mark Justice Deck List Card mentioned 60 cards, but 2 were omitted:
1 x Balance 4E
2 x Incinerate IA
dragsamou
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby Arcanist » 18 Nov 2016, 22:20

charlequin wrote:There's two incinerates in the actual decklist, which would bring it to 60, so I'm guessing the card just missed a line here: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=9249&d=253134&f=ST
Yes, that is the Web site I used to double-check the list. I then calculated the card count to figure out which one was correct.

dragsamou wrote:Mark Justice Deck List Card mentioned 60 cards, but 2 were omitted:
1 x Balance 4E
2 x Incinerate IA
Balance appear on the deck list card actually.
Arcanist
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 20 Jun 2015, 20:12
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby dragsamou » 19 Nov 2016, 05:23

Arcanist wrote:
charlequin wrote:There's two incinerates in the actual decklist, which would bring it to 60, so I'm guessing the card just missed a line here: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=9249&d=253134&f=ST
Yes, that is the Web site I used to double-check the list. I then calculated the card count to figure out which one was correct.

dragsamou wrote:Mark Justice Deck List Card mentioned 60 cards, but 2 were omitted:
1 x Balance 4E
2 x Incinerate IA
Balance appear on the deck list card actually.
I know that Balance is in the deck list, and that the 2 Incinerate are not, this info was added very long time ago, I need to retrieve what was precisely wrong with that deck, that I do remember the info came from Mark Justice himself back in the years. I will solve that mystery.
EDIT: If my memory serves me right, Mark Justice told that his deck was not of 60 cards but of 61 cards. Meaning that while on the printed deck list, it's mentioned 60 cards, 2 cards were omitted an extra Balance and the 2 Incinerate. I still need to retrieve that specific info coming from him.
dragsamou
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby charlequin » 19 Nov 2016, 08:37

The missing Shatter image has been processed and uploaded to the release folders.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby Arcanist » 19 Nov 2016, 10:40

dragsamou wrote:If my memory serves me right, Mark Justice told that his deck was not of 60 cards but of 61 cards. Meaning that while on the printed deck list, it's mentioned 60 cards, 2 cards were omitted an extra Balance and the 2 Incinerate. I still need to retrieve that specific info coming from him.
Ahah! I suspected that's what you meant, but your original post wasn't clear and mtgtop8 lists a single card. It would be great to clarify that. Thanks for the interesting tidbit.
Arcanist
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 20 Jun 2015, 20:12
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby dragsamou » 19 Nov 2016, 12:18

Arcanist wrote:
dragsamou wrote:If my memory serves me right, Mark Justice told that his deck was not of 60 cards but of 61 cards. Meaning that while on the printed deck list, it's mentioned 60 cards, 2 cards were omitted an extra Balance and the 2 Incinerate. I still need to retrieve that specific info coming from him.
Ahah! I suspected that's what you meant, but your original post wasn't clear and mtgtop8 lists a single card. It would be great to clarify that. Thanks for the interesting tidbit.
Yes, I'm sorry, sometimes info on Magiclibrarities has been there for over 15 years, and while I update them on a regular basis, I took opportunity of this post to look at it again. I will have a friend of mine get in touch with Mark Justice to triple check, but if the info was added back in the years, it means it was double checked already. I do remember also it was a question about what his Pro Tour deck was precisely on an old MTG website or forum, and he did mentioned those errors about the deck list of the Pro Tour 1996 Box Set. I should have added the external link or maybe I delete it as the site was no longer on the internet, therefore it was an empty link and just left the info in the index for historical purpose.
dragsamou
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby rotarydials » 19 Nov 2016, 14:09

dragsamou wrote:Yes, I'm sorry, sometimes info on Magiclibrarities has been there for over 15 years, and while I update them on a regular basis, I took opportunity of this post to look at it again. I will have a friend of mine get in touch with Mark Justice to triple check, but if the info was added back in the years, it means it was double checked already. I do remember also it was a question about what his Pro Tour deck was precisely on an old MTG website or forum, and he did mentioned those errors about the deck list of the Pro Tour 1996 Box Set. I should have added the external link or maybe I delete it as the site was no longer on the internet, therefore it was an empty link and just left the info in the index for historical purpose.
Any chance the link you mentioned was captured by the Wayback Machine?

Side note- WotC shutting down the forums, and breaking all of the older links drove me insane for a while. All of that lore... gone. Like millions of voices screaming out in the night.
rotarydials
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Jan 2016, 19:13
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby dragsamou » 20 Nov 2016, 05:46

rotarydials wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Yes, I'm sorry, sometimes info on Magiclibrarities has been there for over 15 years, and while I update them on a regular basis, I took opportunity of this post to look at it again. I will have a friend of mine get in touch with Mark Justice to triple check, but if the info was added back in the years, it means it was double checked already. I do remember also it was a question about what his Pro Tour deck was precisely on an old MTG website or forum, and he did mentioned those errors about the deck list of the Pro Tour 1996 Box Set. I should have added the external link or maybe I delete it as the site was no longer on the internet, therefore it was an empty link and just left the info in the index for historical purpose.
Any chance the link you mentioned was captured by the Wayback Machine?

Side note- WotC shutting down the forums, and breaking all of the older links drove me insane for a while. All of that lore... gone. Like millions of voices screaming out in the night.
Hi

As I didn't kept the old url (if there was an external link), no way I can retrieve it on Wayback Machine. I have looked all over google again with no success so far. I know, I spent hundreds of hours fixing all the broken WotC links that were on my website.
dragsamou
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: World Championship Decks (WCD) 1997-2004

Postby dragsamou » 24 Nov 2016, 05:02

Hi all

For those interested, I've noticed a bunch of errors with the Pro Tour Tour 1996, I'm not done yet but so far:

Errors, misprints and typos

Michael Loconto Deck List didn't mentioned that out of the two Circle of Protection: Red in the sideboard, one is from Ice Age

Michael Loconto's Circle of Protection: Red (Ice Age): Allrights reser ved. instead of All rights reserved.

Bertrand Lestrée Deck List didn't mentioned that out of the four Circle of Protection: Green and Red in the sideboard, two are from Ice Age.

Bertrand Lestrée's Circle of Protection: Green and Red (Ice Age): Allrights reser ved. instead of All rights reserved.

Shawn Regnier (Hammer) Deck List: The two Circle of Protection: Red in the sideboard, are from Ice Age not Fourth Edition.

Shawn "Hammer" Regnier 's Circle of Protection: Red (Ice Age): Allrights reser ved. instead of All rights reserved.

Leon Lindback Deck List: Knights of Stromgald instead of Knight of Stromgald.

George Baxter Deck List: Knights of Stromgald instead of Knight of Stromgald.

Mark Justice Deck List Card mentioned 60 cards, but 2 were omitted: 2 x Incinerate IA.

Mark Justice Deck List Card mentioned 3 Pyroblast 4E in the Sideboard, they are from Ice Age.
dragsamou
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Previous

Return to Pictures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests


Who is online

In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests

Login Form