It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:07

Text Size

Oath of the Gatewatch HQ Pics!

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Oath of the Gatewatch HQ Pics!

Postby Bog Wraith » 20 Feb 2016, 05:00

Here are the HQ pics for Oath of the Gatewatch, thanks to our friends at Decked Builder. These do not include the remaining Zendikar Expedition lands as those are being collected & scanned by our team here at CCGHQ and more info on those can be found in the Promo and Box Set Cards thread in this Pictures forum.

Everything from OGW should be here and it all seems to be labeled correctly as I've tested them in Forge. MWS Easy Install has not been updated to include OGW as of yet so I wasn't able to test it in there.

If you do come across any errors, please post it here and I will have it corrected:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m8v99 ... OGW_HQ.zip
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Oath of the Gatewatch HQ Pics!

Postby Agetian » 20 Feb 2016, 05:43

Thanks a lot for the update! :)

A couple observations as a person coming from non-Windows world: it'd have been better if the case was observed for extensions (".full.jpg" instead of ".Full.jpg") and file names (in this particular case, "Wastes2.full.jpg" instead of "wastes2.Full.jpg"), because *nix systems (both Linux and Mac OS X) are case-sensitive. That would save the effort of having to run a batch rename for them, but it's a rather minor quirk. Otherwise, works perfectly great! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 20 Feb 2016, 07:24

Agetian wrote:Thanks a lot for the update! :)

A couple observations as a person coming from non-Windows world: it'd have been better if the case was observed for extensions (".full.jpg" instead of ".Full.jpg") and file names (in this particular case, "Wastes2.full.jpg" instead of "wastes2.Full.jpg"), because *nix systems (both Linux and Mac OS X) are case-sensitive. That would save the effort of having to run a batch rename for them, but it's a rather minor quirk. Otherwise, works perfectly great! :)

- Agetian
You're very welcome!

I am a Mac user, but I have to keep in mind that most of our users are not. The .Full extension is what I use in the batch file rename app I use called Better Rename 9 & is the way I have done it for many years so I know it will work for Windows users as well. The case sensitive situation you refer to does not impact me in anyway wether I use these images in Forge or MWS or any other program I've ever used & again, I haven't heard anything from Windows users about a problem using them in the past.
I just stick with the tried & true method that has worked up till now.

Your point about wastes2.full is on me. I did not catch that I hadn't capitalized the W as I did with the other wastes. Still, it works in all the settings I described so I'll leave it be for anyone who wants to change it once they've downloaded the file. :)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby SIXTY » 21 Feb 2016, 11:30

Guys, why do you post the image only for Mac OS users? Where can I download the JPEG version of image for Windows?
Sorry for my bad English :)
SIXTY

Postby Bog Wraith » 21 Feb 2016, 16:19

SIXTY wrote:Guys, why do you post the image only for Mac OS users? Where can I download the JPEG version of image for Windows?
These images are for everyone, regardless of what platform you're on, not just for Mac users. The .jpg extension works in Windows too!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby MTGCardslist » 24 Feb 2016, 18:35

The issue is if you're unzipping using windows tool, it doesnt extract anything... need to use something else such winrar or 7zip

Any ETA on the XLHQ? Informative purpose
MTGCardslist

Postby Fizz » 24 Feb 2016, 19:29

MTGCardslist wrote:Any ETA on the XLHQ? Informative purpose
XLHQ are already in the CCGHQ More Release Folder
Fizz

Postby phenixvincent » 24 Feb 2016, 19:47

Hey,
I try to download the OGW-EN cards 200DPI but this file doesn't open after 100%.
What is the problem ?
Help me.
Thanks you for your job.
phenixvincent

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 Feb 2016, 04:56

MTGCardslist wrote:The issue is if you're unzipping using windows tool, it doesnt extract anything... need to use something else such winrar or 7zip

Then I suggest folks use 7zip which is open source and free.
http://www.7-zip.org/

I've been doing it this way for years & have not had anyone have any problems opening a simple zip file. I have Windows 7 installed on my various Mac computers as well as a dedicated Windows PC and these files always open for me using 7Zip which I've used for years. The native unzip app that comes with Windows is a prime example of the inferiority of the Windows OS and is why there are great alternatives to much of what users need for the every day tasks they have to perform. 7Zip, and in the past Winzip, are great examples of free apps that are excellent and work all the time.

My BFZ pictures zip file was downloaded to date 2082 times.

My Commander 2015 zip file has been downloaded 866 times.

OGW zip so far, 419 times.

These are just the recent sets. I've done this for years with many other sets too.

Except for these couple of posts, I've never seen a problem about this mentioned.

I'm not going to make multiple variants of the same file available, especially when there are alternative free apps that can open these zip files, nor am I going to change what has worked for years for our members here.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Korath » 25 Feb 2016, 07:00

It's breaking on Windows because the main directory name is *OGW_HQ, not OGW_HQ. * is an illegal character in Windows directory and filenames, and seriously inconvenient under Unix. Yes, it's nutty that the OS-based Windows decompresser can't automatically rename it, but it wouldn't have to if it weren't malformed in the first place.

I'm in kind of a glass house when it comes to making things easily-installable-for-the-masses, but this seems like an artificial and unnecessary hurdle, and easily corrected.

You included the resource fork in the archive, too, which seems a clear error. I rather expect non-Windows users get similarly irritated when a thumbs.db gets accidentally included in download packages; it's worse here, since there's an equivalent of that for every single image, not just the one db file.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 Feb 2016, 07:25

Korath wrote:It's breaking on Windows because the main directory name is *OGW_HQ, not OGW_HQ. * is an illegal character in Windows directory and filenames, and seriously inconvenient under Unix.
My error.

When I uploaded the file, I did not see the * named on it. I use this internally for keeping my picture file folders up at the top of the main pictures folder separating it from the myriad of picture, token and other image files I have accumulated over years of collection and organization. It makes them easy for me to spot and get to. I have no problem with these files when I am using Unix commands when I am using the Terminal in OS X, as again, I did not spot any problem there.

Because I was able to open the files in my normal way, I didn't spot that I had added that character to the inside folder & not removed the * as I usually do.

Thanks for spotting this. I have corrected it & apologize for my explanation above.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby raphael75 » 16 Mar 2016, 00:52

Thank you!!
raphael75
Programmer

Postby modified » 22 Mar 2016, 18:12

The files from the original link have problems so I made this.
:) :arrow: tinyurl - ho4ejzd
modified

Postby Bog Wraith » 23 Mar 2016, 16:09

modified wrote:The files from the original link have problems so I made this.
:) :arrow: tinyurl - ho4ejzd
Not necessary, the error was corrected a month ago!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Pictures