It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 08:42

Text Size

Complete Edgar Summer Magic Card Set on Ebay

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Complete Edgar Summer Magic Card Set on Ebay

Postby charlequin » 13 Jul 2017, 03:39

rotarydials wrote:Now that it's summertime in the northern hemisphere... any update on this topic? Any way the general collective can help (monetarily or otherwise?)
Good news! Over the recent time period, I've collected scans from a variety of additional sources and am very close to having a full set to process. (For a set this rare and valuable I figure piecing together from multiple sources is reasonable if we can't get everything easily from one place.) At the moment there's only seven cards I still need, either because I don't have an image larger than the ancient magiclibrarities ones or because the scan I have has some issue:

If I can source those, a whole set of these is within reach:

In terms of what anyone else can do... The biggest possible benefit is if you know of someone with a collection or a group of singles for sale who might be able to provide one or more of these images. My efforts so far have been surprisingly fruitful and I still have a few other potential routes to hit up, but for now we'll have to wait and see where I or someone else can get them from.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby dragsamou » 13 Jul 2017, 07:21

Hi Charlequin

Llanowar Elves
Scathe Zombies

Were the scans that I've sent good enough ?

PS: I have sent messages for some on your list, waiting for replies. I will add it also in the Inquiries subsection on the forum of Magiclibrarities.
dragsamou

Postby charlequin » 13 Jul 2017, 07:52

dragsamou wrote:Llanowar Elves
Scathe Zombies

These are both a bit small. I know there have been some sales of at least the elves in the last six months so I'm hoping someone involved with one of those who I spoke to recently can hook me up there.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby dragsamou » 13 Jul 2017, 08:18

charlequin wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Llanowar Elves
Scathe Zombies

These are both a bit small. I know there have been some sales of at least the elves in the last six months so I'm hoping someone involved with one of those who I spoke to recently can hook me up there.
Ok, so no point I send the Stone rain 1034 x 695 pixels. Let's wait for some replies from the messages I've sent and my post hopefully.
dragsamou

Postby dragsamou » 14 Jul 2017, 07:23

Hi Charlequin

I've managed to get 3 scans of:
Blue Elemental Blast
Llanowar Elves
Lord of Atlantis

Only problem is that they are from Graded cards, also the resolution is too small, I believe (609 x 960). I will see, if I can get them bigger. Let me know if graded cards can work. Thanks.
PS: PM sent with one as an example.

EDIT: 3 sent in full HQ, even with the case, that should be fine. LMK
dragsamou

Postby charlequin » 01 Aug 2017, 07:16

For anyone following this, the full release is out!

Take a look at more details on the release here in the main release thread, or just grab the images themselves from the More Releases folder.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby tempest » 01 Aug 2017, 09:58

This is awesome! Thanks everybody for the hard work.

I know this is nitpicking, but some images in the 300dpi folder suffer from bad jpeg compression artifacts; check Bad Moon to see what I mean. They seem to come from a high resolution scan, already with artifacts, which was resized down. Is this the case? Or maybe a heavy jpeg compression ended by mistake in the processing pipeline and those artifacted images can be fixed?

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly happy to see this happen, I would just like to have such a precious set be preserved as closely to the original as possible.
tempest

Postby charlequin » 01 Aug 2017, 16:04

I'll go over the set again in a couple weeks, when I haven't been looking at it so closely that it's easy to miss stuff. I still have the source images and the cropped/cleaned ones so it's easy to rerender anything that needs it.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby dragsamou » 02 Aug 2017, 08:03

charlequin wrote:I'll go over the set again in a couple weeks, when I haven't been looking at it so closely that it's easy to miss stuff. I still have the source images and the cropped/cleaned ones so it's easy to rerender anything that needs it.
Hi Charlequin

I will add those on Magiclibrarities, so I can make a list of the ones that are concerned in the process. Point is that out of the original HQ pic, I reduce it to 508 X 709, then to 222 x 310, and modify the black background behind White border cards as I do with all the scans (except some of them 527 x 736 / 230 x321 in few subsections), so not sure that I can be that helpful. I have just finished the Lands, have a look to have an idea:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/734-rar ... cards.html
dragsamou

Previous

Return to Pictures