It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:28

Text Size

Collectors' Edition and International Collectors' Edition?

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Collectors' Edition and International Collectors' Edition?

Postby TheIanator » 04 Jun 2017, 15:31

I haven't been able to find scans of these in any of the myriad torrents that have been posted here. Do these exist anywhere?

Edit: These would probably be almost the same as the beta scans just with square corners, I guess I don't really need them and have just written an exception in for them in what I was doing.
TheIanator

Re: Collectors' Edition and International Collectors' Editio

Postby tempest » 01 Oct 2017, 12:27

Not really, CE and IE do have slight differences from Beta. Mana cost black centering comes to mind, but there are others. The topic is becoming of interest again these days, with the purpose of fighting Beta counterfeits that are actually rebacked CE / IE cards. I would love CE and IE being processed and distributed as well, but apparently there's still work to be done to make it possible.
tempest

Postby charlequin » 01 Oct 2017, 18:30

We have a processed release of Collectors' Edition, which I have placed in 300DPI in the MEGA folder More Releases > CED - Collectors' Edition (should be uploading now and fully available laterr.) This is scanned from actual Collectors' Edition cards so should fully capture any differences between that edition and Beta or Unlimited.

We don't have a separate release of International Edition because, based on testimony of WotC employees at the time and what comparisons people have made of physical cards, these two editions were run off of the same plates at the same printer, and thus are effectively identical. We have included both Collectors' Edition and International Edition backs in this set, which should fully capture the print differences between the two.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby tempest » 08 Sep 2018, 21:41

Thanks charlequin! It seems that the cards in the CED folder were incorrectly processed though - if you look at the image below, showing a horizontal portion of Stream of Life, you can see that the upper part of the art is not horizontal. To prove the point, I have included a ruler guide which is horizontal by definition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bbgmowdzn2a0 ... e.png?dl=0

Any hope this can be reprocessed? I've still the Photoshop setup for Pre-8th cards and I could do it without problems.
tempest

Postby charlequin » 08 Sep 2018, 22:23

I'll take a look at them and see what's possible. I don't have the original scans or anything from this set.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Return to Pictures