It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:37

Text Size

World of Warcraft TCG

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: World of Warcraft TCG

Postby Zarthbenn » 30 Jun 2018, 17:37

Twilight of the Dragons has been scanned and uploaded.

"Embrace the chaos and ally with Nefarian, Cho’gall, and Sinestra, or defend Azeroth against their assault by joining Thrall, Caelestrasz, Merithra, Arygos, Anachronos, and the elemental ascendants. In this time of great peril, will you join Deathwing’s forces or defend against it? Choose your side and prepare for war!"

This set can be found in the Basic Sets link in signature.

Massive thanks to Hblasto, Spass and 3vo for providing scans.
Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 07 Jul 2018, 19:12

Worldbreaker has been scanned and uploaded.

"The return of Deathwing has forever changed the face of Azeroth in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, and the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game is ready to match these world-altering events with its upcoming set Worldbreaker. Featuring the addition of two brand-new races -- goblin and worgen -- Worldbreaker will also begin to introduce the great Dragon Aspects from World of Warcraft."

This set can be found in the Basic Sets link in the signature.

Thanks to 3vo for providing scans.
Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 08 Aug 2018, 03:46

War of the Elements has been scanned and uploaded.

Zarthbenn

Postby Arcanist » 08 Aug 2018, 15:12

Very nice. It looks like "Dagin Bootzap" (#112) is missing however. On the other hand "Tidus the Relentless" (#127) is included twice with the second copy called "Todus the Relentless".
Arcanist

Postby Zarthbenn » 09 Aug 2018, 03:12

Arcanist wrote:Very nice. It looks like "Dagin Bootzap" (#112) is missing however. On the other hand "Tidus the Relentless" (#127) is included twice with the second copy called "Todus the Relentless".
Thank you, fixed.
Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 18 Dec 2018, 05:45

Tomb of the Forgotten has been scanned and uploaded.

Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 18 Jan 2019, 15:15

Crafting - Timewalker and Aftermath Block has been scanned and uploaded.

These can be found in he newly created "Additional Scans" repository in the signature.

Thanks to Mdogg for the scans!
Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 02 Mar 2019, 17:32

The Dungeon Treasures have been scanned and uploaded.

You can find these in the Additional Scans Repository in the signature.

Thanks to Mdogg for the scans!
Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 17 Apr 2019, 04:58

Quadruple release wooho! Caverns of Time and Battle of the Aspects Treasures, Reign of Fire and Worldbreaker Crafting cards have been scanned and uploaded. Also a bunch of promos, check them out in "Additional Scans" in the signature.

Big thanks to Mdogg and Muktidata for supplying scans!
Zarthbenn

Postby Zarthbenn » 23 Sep 2020, 16:09

For the small pocket of people that care about this particular project here:

The WoWTCG Scan Project just finished a major milestone: completion of all Basic Sets! (Links to all scans in the signature)

This means that pretty much every relevant playable card in the WoWTCG now has a high resolution version available. We have uploaded everything to TTS here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2236124562

Big thank you to everyone that contributed and of course thanks to the community here that leads the mtg initiative that inspired me to start this in the first place.
Zarthbenn

Postby alexbobspoons » 01 Oct 2020, 14:39

Hi

Wow amazing!! I honestly just joined this site to say how fantastic this is and thank you so so much for the huge amount of work. Just amazing!!

I noticed the class starter decks arent done as-yet. From what I can tell these decks are all reprint cards except for the actual heroes themselves. Will you be considering making a download pack of all the various class starter deck heroes (without the actual play-cards) to suppliment the amazing huge collection you have already done? This would then essentially make it a complete playset of everything which would be even more stunning.

Again, thank you so much for importalising this amazing game on the net. Very impressed and very grateful!!!

Thanks
Alex
alexbobspoons

Postby Zarthbenn » 01 Oct 2020, 16:10

alexbobspoons wrote:I noticed the class starter decks arent done as-yet. From what I can tell these decks are all reprint cards except for the actual heroes themselves. Will you be considering making a download pack of all the various class starter deck heroes (without the actual play-cards) to suppliment the amazing huge collection you have already done? This would then essentially make it a complete playset of everything which would be even more stunning.
Thank you for the kind words, and absolutely! This is just a major milestone that is completed, we are still a bit away from completing the project fully. The next step is the starter cards which I have been pushing back since I figured all the basic sets are more important. Some of the starter decks have already been finished and can be found in the "Additional Scans" in my signature.

All of the links and progress can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Zarthbenn

Postby alexbobspoons » 01 Oct 2020, 17:47

Zarthbenn wrote:
alexbobspoons wrote:I noticed the class starter decks arent done as-yet. From what I can tell these decks are all reprint cards except for the actual heroes themselves. Will you be considering making a download pack of all the various class starter deck heroes (without the actual play-cards) to suppliment the amazing huge collection you have already done? This would then essentially make it a complete playset of everything which would be even more stunning.
Thank you for the kind words, and absolutely! This is just a major milestone that is completed, we are still a bit away from completing the project fully. The next step is the starter cards which I have been pushing back since I figured all the basic sets are more important. Some of the starter decks have already been finished and can be found in the "Additional Scans" in my signature.

All of the links and progress can be viewed here: (snip)
No thanks needed, thank YOU! Its really amazing.

Regarding the starter decks, seeing as the main body cards are reprints just with different numbering etc, would you consider skipping them (even temporarily) and concentrating on the unique heroes as a block?

This whol project has made me want to get out my huge card box, go through it all to find out what cards I have missing (I made myself a card list last night by copy-pasting from online set lists) and then deciding if it is financially viable to get a single of each missing card professionally printed so that the ocd completist in me can sigh relief :)

All my current card games are in the living-release format thus no chase cards or rare cards, means its possible to collect them all. But my WoWTCG collection has big gaps and it always bothers me but I cannot part with the collection. Getting the collection complete, even if just digital, is absolutely wonderful thank you!!!
alexbobspoons

Postby Arcanist » 01 Oct 2020, 18:17

Zarthbenn wrote:
alexbobspoons wrote:The next step is the starter cards which I have been pushing back since I figured all the basic sets are more important. Some of the starter decks have already been finished and can be found in the "Additional Scans" in my signature.
Great work with those scans. They look really good!

I would have a couple of questions about the scope of the project:
  • I noticed that the scans for the tokens found in each champion deck (Treant, Crab, Gnoll, Undead, and Water Elemental) are missing. Is this intentional or just an oversight?
  • Are you planning to get scans of oversized hero cards found in early starter decks (Heroes of Azeroth, Dark Portal and March of the Legion)? They are identical to their normal-sized counterparts except for their size and some "gold-like" inlay on the back.
  • The scope of the "More Odds" section is a bit fuzzy. Will it include tokens, advert and redemption cards that were found in booster packs? I am not aware of any exhaustive list for them (esp. the tokens), hence my curiosity.
Arcanist

Postby Zarthbenn » 02 Oct 2020, 19:51

Arcanist wrote:
  • I noticed that the scans for the tokens found in each champion deck (Treant, Crab, Gnoll, Undead, and Water Elemental) are missing. Is this intentional or just an oversight?
Partially an oversight. One of the biggest issues I have run into with this project is that there exists very little documentation on exactly each and every card that is included with every product. Because of this stuff I'm worried about tackling stuff like the tokens that come with each normal basic set because I wont ever be 100% certain that it is actually complete. I'm not sure how to rectify this at this point, but as for the champion decks specifically I think I am aware of the tokens that are missing and plan to include them in the future.

Arcanist wrote:
  • Are you planning to get scans of oversized hero cards found in early starter decks (Heroes of Azeroth, Dark Portal and March of the Legion)? They are identical to their normal-sized counterparts except for their size and some "gold-like" inlay on the back.
Again, as mentioned before AFAIK there isn't a comprehensive list that includes all the oversized starters. Most of the starter stuff I still haven't gotten to, but hopefully the contributors that have all the starter cards have the oversized heroes as well. Ideally I would like to include and do those as well for completionism.

Arcanist wrote:
  • The scope of the "More Odds" section is a bit fuzzy. Will it include tokens, advert and redemption cards that were found in booster packs? I am not aware of any exhaustive list for them (esp. the tokens), hence my curiosity.
Partially answered in the previous points. The advert cards are especially tricky since from what I recall they are not numbered or anything. The categorization on that list is simply for my own convenience, its just an ever growing list of stuff that I keep forgetting to add and meaning to get to. Again, ideally I would like to scan and document every single card ever printed, but without a legitimate list (and especially since it will be hard to track down people that have these super specific niche cards) I dont know if it will ever get done.
Zarthbenn

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures