It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:17

Text Size

Forge doesnt accept xlhq

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Forge doesnt accept xlhq

Postby Shuuji » 18 Mar 2018, 20:51

Hey Boardies,
i installed the newest version of Forge and downloaded the 300 DPI Pictures of all sets.
but when i try to implement them into Forge it just doesnt recognize them as cards.
When I try to import Data it just wants to import it a yet-unpossible cards and when i paste them right into the content directory it just doesnt care. it only accepts the [Cardname].full.jepg but not the [Cardname].xlhq.jpeg

Am I doin somethin wrong?
pls help

thx
Shuuji
Shuuji

Re: Forge doesnt accept xlhq

Postby Xitax » 18 Mar 2018, 22:14

They have to be named *.full.jpg
Xitax

Postby Shadowzeny » 18 Mar 2018, 22:20

Forge has a default directory ((default install usually is in the %appdata% for windows.)) and a distinct directory for cards is in the cache > pics folder. The naming convention is cardname.full.jpeg OR cardname.full.png. Sets also have a subfolders inside the card's directory such as XLN for Ilaxian, A25 for Masters 25 ect ect. In reguards to your xlhq's ((300+ dpi pictures)) You will ether have to rename them to match the conventions using a batch re-namer or downloading from the Mega. It is easy to use a renamer such as the little freeware thing called Rename which will up to batches of 1000 file names and rename the accordingly for you ((removing the xhlq from the file name and adding the correct ending plus whatnot.))
Shadowzeny

Postby Shuuji » 19 Mar 2018, 09:59

thanks for the fast answer
i just downloaded the LQ ones vie Forge now.
The thing is u said i should use MEGA....i downloaded them all from MEGA..they are all xlhq.jpeg only the 200DPI are full.jpeg
Shuuji

Postby seri » 27 Mar 2018, 21:09

Hi,

I had the same problem (.xlhq.jpg downloaded, but forge only accepts .full.jpg), so here is a little powershell script that renames them all correctly:

1. Open Powershell
2. Execute the following:
Code: Select all
cd C:\path\to\your\images
Get-ChildItem -Recurse -File | Where-Object {$_.Name -notlike '*.full.jpg' -and $_.Name -like '*.jpg' } | Rename-Item -NewName { $_.Name -replace '(\.xlhq)?\.jpg$', '.full.jpg' }
This goes through all files in the current folder and its subfolders and renames all jpgs so that they end with .full.jpg.

I hope this helps!
seri

Postby gabrilend » 09 Sep 2018, 17:16

Seri, you are a *lifesaver*. That script was so useful! I made an account here just so I could thank you, really it helped so much. Hell this whole thread was so useful, I spent like 2 hours trying to figure out why Forge wouldn't accept my xlhq files.

For anyone reading this in the future, if you try and run the script and get an error try putting quotes around any items in your path that have spaces in them. So for example if your pictures are stored in C:\Games\Magic the Gathering\Forge\Pictures to be Imported\ then try putting in the script C:\Games\'Magic the Gathering'\Forge\'Pictures to be Imported'\

The reason is that everytime there's a space it thinks your path is over and finished. So if you put quotes around them, that's basically saying "Hey Powershell, this is one statement. I'm not actually done typing the path so... Stick around for part 2"

Anyway thanks again, saved me a lot of headache.
gabrilend

Return to Pictures