It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:50

Text Size

Resizing xlhq to full

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Resizing xlhq to full

Postby rotarydials » 27 Nov 2019, 16:39

Hello-
I'm back from a hiatus on the forums here. You may remember me from a few years back on the World Champ / Pro Tour decks project.

Question about resizing xlhq to full images - for some of the images, only xlhq are available. I'd like to resize these to full image resolution, and crop the border in as well. I thought there used to be a post about doing this (in the image processing threads possibly), but I wasn't able to locate it.

As a refresher-
FULL or 200DPI = Our lingo for high resolution card images. 480px by 680px
XLHQ or 300DPI = Our lingo for x-high resolution card images. 745px by 1040px

To perform batch resizing, I've been using XnConvert by XnSoft. I've gotten close... but i can't seem to get it to resize to exactly 680x480, I'm always off a few pixels. Possibly it is because I'm using XnConvert and not Photoshop?

By way of example, please see the attached three images. These are the existing full and xlhq images, as well as my resize attempt. The differences are minor, but can be seen by downloading all three then flipping back and forth through them.
Ahn-Crop Invader.xlhq.jpg
original xlhq

Ahn-Crop Invader.full.jpg
original full

Ahn-Crop Invader.xlhq converted to full.jpg
My conversion attempt from xlhq to full

I think it boils down to how much gets cropped from the edges, and whether you resize first then crop, or crop then resize but I'm not sure.

Also including screenshots of the XnConvert settings.
2019-11-27_103303.png
XnConvert settings

Any help would be appreciated, or pointing me to the right thread about resizing rules.
rotarydials

Re: Resizing xlhq to full

Postby Xitax » 29 Nov 2019, 04:20

Using Irfanview's batch convert would be much much easier.
Xitax

Return to Pictures