It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:50

Text Size

Worthless torrent

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Worthless torrent

Postby endersblade » 27 Oct 2010, 01:32

So I recently decided to wipe me HD and upgrade to Vista 64. In the process, I forgot to nab all of my MWS images. So, I came here, registered, and downloaded the torrent.

Worthless. Every set is individually zipped (saves space, I know) meaning the torrent isn't just drag and drop. On top of this, not a single one of the folders are labeled for use in MWS. Third strike is that the cards are full art, but again, aren't labeled as such for use in MWS, so MWS uses them as crops (which looks terrible). FOURTH strike is any card that has two printings (such as the cards in Homelands) aren't labeled properly; the numbers are in brackets, and MWS can't read this. I realize this torrent is for MAGIC ALBUM, and not MWS, but I can guarantee most people come here looking for the images for MWS, see this torrent, and run into the problem I'm having.

All in all, I just wasted over 2 hours of my time trying to get these pics installed for MWS. Now I get to spend even MORE time downloading each and every set individually, or going through and putting .full in every single card name. /sigh.
endersblade

Re: Worthless torrent

Postby Goblin Hero » 27 Oct 2010, 06:23

endersblade wrote:Every set is individually zipped (saves space, I know) meaning the torrent isn't just drag and drop. On top of this, not a single one of the folders are labeled for use in MWS.
Read the torrent description - it says pictures for Magic Album.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Huggybaby » 27 Oct 2010, 06:31

endersblade,

Actually, most people don't have your problems, so please don't make things so hard on yourself.

Adding .full and removing brackets is easy with any of the many file renamers out there. Renaming thousands of pictures will take seconds.

If you want an MWS formatted torrent, get the original from the HQ Pics topic, or get Clefaria's bundle.

Downloading and even automatically extracting sets individually is a simple matter with jDownloader once it's configured.

In the future we will have a way to switch between MA and MWS formats, but not now, so if you want MWS and not MA pictures, don't get the MA torrent.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby woogerboy21 » 29 Oct 2010, 02:14

Im not exactly sure how you expected these pics to work with MWS right out of the torrent when there clearly formated for a completly different application.

If you dont want to put that much effort into manually making the changes just use this: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3208
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby QueenHarlette » 22 Feb 2011, 19:07

Speaking of 'worthless torrent', I don't know if it's just me... or because of how old the actual MWS torrent is, but the complete 10E torrent is dead. I tried to download it, but all the sites that it's hosted on; it is either deleted or the tracker doesn't connect. =\

So.. I'm just downloading Clefaria's bundle. Which is very helpful. =D Thanks Clefaria!
QueenHarlette

Postby Clefaria » 27 Feb 2011, 22:20

QueenHarlette wrote:Speaking of 'worthless torrent', I don't know if it's just me... or because of how old the actual MWS torrent is, but the complete 10E torrent is dead. I tried to download it, but all the sites that it's hosted on; it is either deleted or the tracker doesn't connect. =\

So.. I'm just downloading Clefaria's bundle. Which is very helpful. =D Thanks Clefaria!
You're welcome! The way torrents work makes them much more work to keep up to date, that's why I started that project (around the time of Zendikar, I was managing my own torrent as well).

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Return to Pictures