It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:22

Text Size

Help me Please with Foil Making

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Help me Please with Foil Making

Postby MementoMol7i » 23 Nov 2010, 03:44

Hi all,

I been trying to figure this out and can't seem to find any info, what i'm trying to do is put a transparent sheet ontop of a blank foil card (the sheet one side is smooth other side is rough I'm printing on the rough side because if I print the other way the ink will come off if you touch the image). I used Magic Set Editor 2 to make the card. I print it out and glue it to a blank foil and the image is reading backwords and I don't see any option in MSE2 to make the card print out so the text isn't reading backwords when I print it. I exported the image to a jpeg file and reversed the image so its backwords now but now I can't figure out how to make the card the same size as a Magic card.

Any help/links would be so much appreciated. Thank you all in advance if you can provided any info :)
MementoMol7i

Re: Help me Please with Foil Making

Postby woogerboy21 » 06 Dec 2010, 18:03

Through my experiences with what you are trying to do it simply takes playing with image sizes in whatever application your are using. I personally used openoffice and created a simple square using there drawing tool. Printed the square (on plain paper) adjusting the size as needed with each print and laying a card overtop the box till the size of the box was the proper size. Once the box was the proper size I configured the box to fill the box area with the .jpg (inverted) image. At that point I could copy that properly sized box / image any number of times and place it were ever on the page I desired and simply print as you would any other printing. The thing you have to watch out for is some applications (office apps particular) want to affect the image quality when using this method so it takes some tinkering with various applications or settings till you get the results you are happy with. Openoffice is just one that I have used but others have reported using expensive applications such as photoshop to produce the printed images as well.

Hope this helps.

edit:
One other thing when making the foiled proxies you are refering to. I personally was not happy with the thickness of the resulting card. Though it looked pretty I don't think I would ever try and use anything created this way in any type of deck.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Return to Pictures