It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:38

Text Size

MTG Symbols Font

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MTG Symbols Font

Postby miguel3d » 11 Feb 2011, 21:33

Hi all.

First post... Glad to be here... Thanks! So do you... on to the questions...

1. What is the latest version of the Magic Symbols True-type font? I have "Magic Symbols 2008" by Nathan Buchanan (which is only slightly different than the 2006 version). This font has hybrid dual mana symbols, but not the numbered ones like 1/B or 2/W. Also, it has some spacing issues. Is there some 'standard', often-updated version that I should dl?

2. In the event that I'm already using the closest thing to a 'standard' with "Magic Symbols 2008.ttf", I will want to edit it to support numbered dual mana symbols and fix some issues. Is there any set of standards I should follow when I edit the font? Are there keys that I should stay away from? Also, since I'm barely an intermediate mtg player, I want to make sure I know about all of the symbols I will need in the font. (e.g. Do 3-color mana symbols exist?? )

3. I need to change the font for use in an Excel spreadsheet I'm writing to simplify the process of keeping track of card pics, so, for my own purposes, I only need to make a few changes to the font. However, if it seems there is a need, I will take the time to overhaul the whole font and share it.

4. I'd like some people that know their stuff (esp. GoblinHero and HuggyBaby) to collaborate with me a little so that I can make a good Magic symbols font for me and everyone. Please fire suggestions at me.

Well, this is long enough for my first post.
Thanks,
Have a Great Day,

miguel3d
3dstudiomike@gmail.com

====Current State of the "Magic Symbols" font====
=====with some changes made and some to come=====
miguel3d

Return to Pictures