It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:48

Text Size

A dump of a folder listing would make pic gathering easier

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

A dump of a folder listing would make pic gathering easier

Postby miguel3d » 23 Feb 2011, 06:23

Hi all,

Like many people, I have already spent quite a lot of time compiling and organizing pics for MWS. It can be very daunting with all the strange cards that exist nowadays, such as flip cards, avatars, tokens, promo sets, etc., etc. It would be great if somebody who's 'Pics' folder is already complete and organized for MWS would post a dump of their 'Pics' folder listing.

Please, all you gurus, post your listings so we can compare them and use them to help us compile our pics.

(Maybe, eventually, we'll come up with some de facto standard listings.)

Thanks,
Miguel3d
miguel3d

Re: A dump of a folder listing would make pic gathering easi

Postby miguel3d » 26 Feb 2011, 09:30

...All you have to do is:

Start | Run
cmd | OK
cd c:\Program Files\Magic Workstation
dir /s > mylist.txt

Then zip up mylist.txt and post it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would find this useful.

Also, I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet of the cards and sets. When it's done, I'll post it if anyone's interested. The card data was taken directly from HuggyBaby's master base for MWS. (I strictly made no changes to the data. I just added a few columns regarding personal use. e.g. "#Copies I Own", etc.) The set data is a compilation of the data posted on Wikipedia and everything I could find regarding Promos. The set table currently has 170 rows (sets) and 22 columns. The card table has 18872 rows and 20 columns.

I plan to add a few macros, which I'd post separately as code. One for comparing the card table to the MWS Pics folder, etc...

l8r
miguel3d

Re: A dump of a folder listing would make pic gathering easi

Postby Ark » 09 Mar 2011, 20:07

Or see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3371 - it can export to CSV for Excel with all card info for all sets on Gatherer, as well as download all card images from Gatherer or in HQ format, and format all the files/folders as you need for MWS already.
Ark
Programmer

Return to Pictures