It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:00

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG)

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG)

Postby skibulk » 15 Aug 2013, 19:31

That's what I was saying: you do not have to do each directory individually. From the root folder, using the win explorer search box, enter a period "." and all files in all subdirectories are revealed. You can sort them in the search results window.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Aug 2013, 21:01

That period trick is going to help, thanks skibulk. It's effing slow when I sort though, and it doesn't list dpi. Dpi may not be meaningful in real terms, but it's useful for what I need to do.

And I won't be grepping anything, sorry.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Ark » 15 Aug 2013, 21:06

You -can- get all the Linux-like tools for Windows as exe files... just saying...
Ark
Programmer

New Torrent Status Report

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Aug 2013, 03:55

I've made quite a bit of progress today. After my thorough investigation, extreme took the precious time to generate new versions of everything I've found missing so far.

I've completed everything except base sets, expansions and promos, which is admittedly the bulk of the collection. Still, there is 1.5 GB of material now done (by which I mean collected and error-checked ad nauseum), some of which has never before been available.

I'm not sure how to slot in what I have not so far categorized; that remains to be determined.

I reiterate: some of these pics have never been made available. Either they have never been done, or have ceased to exist on any mirror I can find.

So far, as best I can determine, I have ALL of the following:

Duel Decks
Emblems
From the Vault
Introductory Sets
Premium Deck Series
Tokens
Un-Sets

What I've finished so far: | Open
Duel Decks
DD2
DDC
DDD
DDE
DDF
DDG
DDH
DDI
DDJ
DDK
EVG

Emblems
AVR
DDI
DKA
GTC
M13
MMA

From the Vault
DRB
V09
V10
V11
V12

Introductory Sets
I2P
P02
POR
POR
PTK
S00
S99

Premium Deck Series
H09
PD2
PD3

Tokens
10E
ALA
ARB
AVR
CFX
DD2
DDC
DDD
DDE
DDF
DDG
DDH
DDJ
DDK
DGM
DKA
EVE
EVG
GTC
ISD
LRW
M10
M11
M12
M13
MBS
MMA
MOR
NPH
ROE
RTR
SHM
SOM
UGL
WWK
ZEN

Un-Sets
UGL
UNH

So, those of you who want to have true mirrors, get ready to check your stuff. Some of your sets are wrong, or missing, or have errors.

And, in addition to crops or fulls sets that were previously incomplete or totally missing, there are going to be a LOT of XLHQ sets (over 50!) we haven't ever released, which is basically Part II to my previous XLHQ torrent. These sets may be considered as extreme's swan song, taking care of unfinished business as it were. I know they will be appreciated by you as much as they are by me. They will not be released separately, but as part of the new complete torrent.

Emblems and tokens are playable cards, and are unique to their sets, and so I have merged them, for the first time, with their parent sets, but they will remain available separately.

I used the list HERE as my guide. I fudged that list by adding some sets to the Introductory section not contained therein. There are other sets on that list that remain to be added, but I'll take it as it comes.

Still, I've made great strides by filling in holes and bringing consistency to the project. I've added new designators (Forest.xlhq.jpg did not previously exist), and I added some description to the zips: in the past I used 10E.zip for all sets, now I use 10E Fulls.zip, 10E Crops.zip and 10E XLHQs.zip. So all zips can exist together in the same folder now, and when unzipped, they will happily coexist without the need to overwrite.

I instituted some other conventions too. Emblem cards are preceded by Emblem. This seems self-evident but nevertheless required thought. So, it's:
"Emblem Tamiyo, The Moon Sage.xlhq.jpg", not "Tamiyo, The Moon Sage.xlhq.jpg", or "Tamiyo, The Moon Sage.emblem.xlhq.jpg".

Split cards now use a hyphen with a space on both sides: "Fire - Ice.crop.jpg". It was inconsistent in the past, where I used both a hyphen with no spaces: "Fire-Ice.crop.jpg" and no hyphen at all: "FireIce.crop.jpg".
Many regular cards use hyphens, such as "Battle-Rattle Shaman.full.jpg", but none use a hyphen with spaces, so split cards are uniquely designated.

Flip cards now use an underscore with no spaces: "Bushi Tenderfoot_Kenzo the Hardhearted.full.jpg". This is also completely unique. So, splits and flips are easy to tell apart. I hope this helps application developers in their database usage.

It has taken a lot of trial and error to reach this point, and untold hours of work and rumination. I trust it will serve you all well going forward. At least I hope so, because this is the last revision I foresee undertaking.

I uploaded the Magic Workstation Pics Complete thru 10E torrent on November 12, 2007. Since then a lot has changed, and I have attempted to get this thing finished a dozen times.

I'm glad to see it finally coming to an end. Let's hope it does, because another seven years might be too long.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Aug 2013, 04:26

Was just reviewing previous posts:
skibulk wrote:just throwing it out there:

Forest.full.jpg
Forest.crop.jpg
Forest.xlfull.jpg
Forest.xlcrop.jpg

Or maybe simply xfull and xcrop. Or possibly xful and xcrp. This method is also more easily scalable up to 600 dpi scans, if we ever release them. They could be Forest.xxfull.jpg or something.
I'm sticking with 4 letters.

".crop", ".full", ".xlhq" and probably ".xrop". And one for tiny fun pics, maybe ".trop". And 4K might be ".4khq".
The goal is that they all have a unique extension and can live in the same folder, whereas previously they might have a same extension and so instead were designated by the folder they were in.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby doubl3mint » 17 Aug 2013, 06:38

again, many thanks for the hard work.

could you let me know how i can access the cards, if you have made it available through Sync, as previously mentioned?

if not, i am content to wait patiently until it is ready.

cheers, and good luck!
doubl3mint

Postby Huggybaby » 20 Aug 2013, 22:05

As you know, the card name should be spelled like it is on the card.
Looking at 2ED...Demonic Hordes for example. On the card, the H in hordes appears to be lower case. What's the reason for that? Should I name the card Demonic Hordes or Demonic hordes?

Also, Two-headed Giant of Foriys or Two-Headed Giant of Foriys?

I've already corrected discrepencies in Will-O'-The-Wisp (was Will-o'-the-Wisp and/or Will-o'-The-Wisp).

PAINSTAKING WORK, as I eyeball EVERY card many many times. And I'll still miss things dammit. #-o
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Ark » 20 Aug 2013, 22:33

You should name the cards whatever their official name is on Gatherer.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=202507 - Demonic Hordes
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=83411 - Will-o'-the-Wisp

Anything else just makes it annoying to match up the picture files with the data, which one way or another, is coming from Gatherer via various tools.

On Windows, it doesn't matter, because files are not case sensitive, but on a Linux web server, it matters VERY much to me that the files be named correctly, as URLs and Linux files are both case sensitive.
Ark
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 20 Aug 2013, 22:54

Gatherer has changed over the years has it not?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Ark » 20 Aug 2013, 23:05

Names don't change very often, and I doubt these names will. they only changed to become better English anyway
Ark
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Aug 2013, 00:04

Well, filtering by set, I just found we have Will-O'-The-Wisp in the early sets. My corrections were wrong. GDammit again.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Ark » 21 Aug 2013, 00:32

I've always had to fix things to match Gatherer when I downloaded older sets for ark42.com. I'm pretty sure I fixed all the Will-o'-the-Wisp files to have a lowercase 'o' and 'the' on my server. Without it being named exactly like http://ark42.com/mtg/cards/Limited%20Ed ... p.full.jpg it wouldn't work for me.
Ark
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Aug 2013, 01:05

For verisimilitude, I'm using the spelling as specified here: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=83411

Which also matches what's printed on the card, and differs by edition too.

Databases will have to either match that, or use a fuzzy matching scheme.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby gcaliber » 21 Aug 2013, 01:18

As you know, the card name should be spelled like it is on the card.
Looking at 2ED...Demonic Hordes for example. On the card, the H in hordes appears to be lower case. What's the reason for that? Should I name the card Demonic Hordes or Demonic hordes?

Also, Two-headed Giant of Foriys or Two-Headed Giant of Foriys?

I've already corrected discrepencies in Will-O'-The-Wisp (was Will-o'-the-Wisp and/or Will-o'-The-Wisp).

PAINSTAKING WORK, as I eyeball EVERY card many many times. And I'll still miss things dammit.
The lower case looking "h" in "Hordes" is just an oddity of the old magic font. The same letter is used for all captial "h". See All Hallow's Eve and Drop of Honey as examples.
gcaliber

Postby Ark » 21 Aug 2013, 01:21

you're looking at the printed text, not the Oracle text. most smaller dbs only know about the Oracle text because it's much easier to get out of gatherer listings in bulk. I think it's a mistake to name files based on the printed name.
Ark
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures