It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:04

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG)

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List

Postby extreme » 09 Aug 2008, 15:42

that one's Japanese, though :)

6th is coming fast. This week. Hopefully somebody will send the 2 remaining eventide cards too.
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 09 Aug 2008, 15:43

And honestly, if I knew how to make my computer make the symbol for mountain in Chinese, I'd never type mountain again...
These scans are from P3K (Japanese). And here is the card name of mountain in Japanese language: 山
I hope, you can read (and copy!) this. If you have installed the correct language support, it should be possible. :wink:

(just finished scanning of 6th Edition, it's now extrem's part to do the neccessary postprocessing...)
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 09 Aug 2008, 15:45

wow, double post! extreme was 60 seconds faster... :D
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby naoki1980 » 10 Aug 2008, 03:24

well you could always paste from here :)

山 岛 沼 平原 森
naoki1980

Postby vanderbou » 10 Aug 2008, 14:49

Hi guys!
Well, im very noob with MWS and this HQ pics. But I want to say that its a GREAT JOB!!! :D
At this moment I have many doubts and dont know if this is the best place to post it, if its not please redirect my post.

1 - How can I know if I have the latest version of all sets? Bcause i had read that many old sets are being updated and i want to have ALL the best scans uptodate.

2 - Eventide Fulls and Crops are complete to download? Where?

3 - What about MWS new versions? A read about a new 0.96 version...

4 - U know guys, when a new set is launched they have a folder together (like that one with CHK that explains new rules about legendary cards). There are a location where i can find some scan or transcrition of there folders? Just to know about the new rules of the sets.

Sorry guys for take ur time and thanks for any help. :oops:
vanderbou

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Aug 2008, 20:06

Welcome to the forum vanderbou.
1 - How can I know if I have the latest version of all sets? Bcause i had read that many old sets are being updated and i want to have ALL the best scans uptodate.
For now, the only way to get EVERY set is to download both torrents, then get newer sets from MediaFire and then scan with MWSPA. Please don't use MWSPA to download the entire collection, it wasn't designed for that. Unfortunately, there are people who will run MWSPA for DAYS to get their collection, which is an abuse of the server.

This solution is terrible, but will be fixed. Definitely look at the spreadsheets that fritti has compiled. We are looking into the situation now. When done, the torrent, MediaFire and MWSPA will all be synchronized again.

2 - Eventide Fulls and Crops are complete to download? Where?
No, we're missing two cards to complete the HQ set. There is another medium quality set around, I think MahamotiD posted a link.

3 - What about MWS new versions? A read about a new 0.96 version...
The new MWS is in development, release date unknown. It is going to be fantastic, but we've been waiting for literally years already.

4 - U know guys, when a new set is launched they have a folder together (like that one with CHK that explains new rules about legendary cards). There are a location where i can find some scan or transcrition of there folders? Just to know about the new rules of the sets.
I don't understand, can you point me to one of these folders?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby creepycrawly » 10 Aug 2008, 21:26

Huggybaby wrote:I don't understand, can you point me to one of these folders?
I think maybe he's talking about the folded sheets that come in tournament packs, the ones that explain the new set's new mechanics. Of course, I could be way off.
creepycrawly

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Aug 2008, 21:36

That makes sense...
We don't have those yet, but I have asked for them before. The portal tips and tricks cards are the closest we have. We may start seeing more of these since we're running out of regular cards.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 10 Aug 2008, 22:14

P3K is Japanese? I was under the impression it was Chinese themed, since Kamigawa is Japanese themed.We learn something new everyday :D
I like being bad... it makes me happy...
staggerwingjtstw

Postby creepycrawly » 10 Aug 2008, 22:59

staggerwingjtstw wrote:P3K is Japanese? I was under the impression it was Chinese themed, since Kamigawa is Japanese themed.We learn something new everyday :D
It's most definitely Chinese themed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms
creepycrawly

Postby Nyth » 11 Aug 2008, 07:48

P3K is Chinese, but the previous post was mentioning the Japanese language edition of the set, therefore: Chinese Theme + Japanese Language Text.
I can see how that was confusing.

By the way, I've been going through the Excel spreadsheet that fritti compiled and double checking (MD5) them against the torrent zips. I've started with the fulls first and should be posting an updated spreadsheet within the next 24 hours detailing which sets have and haven't been updated since the torrent.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 11 Aug 2008, 09:17

P3K is Japanese?
The background of the set is chinese history, but the set were released in four languages: English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and Japanese.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby vanderbou » 11 Aug 2008, 11:59

Thanks a lot for ur answers!
A downloaded the torrent but my MWSPA version (1.06, I think) shows only until Ravnica set, its currect?
creepycrawly, is this folded sheets that im talking about! Where I find this new mechanics? Hints and Tips Portal? Where is it?

:D And thanks you again guys, U are so much prestative. :D
vanderbou

Postby Fritti » 11 Aug 2008, 17:02

Nyth wrote:P3K is Chinese, but the previous post was mentioning the Japanese language edition of the set, therefore: Chinese Theme + Japanese Language Text.
I can see how that was confusing.

By the way, I've been going through the Excel spreadsheet that fritti compiled and double checking (MD5) them against the torrent zips. I've started with the fulls first and should be posting an updated spreadsheet within the next 24 hours detailing which sets have and haven't been updated since the torrent.
Great Nyth, that'll save me a bunch of time. I'm back from my mini vacation so I also have some time to work on this. Huggybaby, I've sent you a PM :-)
Fritti

Postby Huggybaby » 11 Aug 2008, 18:04

vanderbou wrote:Thanks a lot for ur answers!
A downloaded the torrent but my MWSPA version (1.06, I think) shows only until Ravnica set, its currect?
creepycrawly, is this folded sheets that im talking about! Where I find this new mechanics? Hints and Tips Portal? Where is it?

:D And thanks you again guys, U are so much prestative. :D
I have MWSPA 1.16 through Morningtide. We don't have those folded sheets. Maybe in the future we will.

Nyth, looking forward to your analysis, it will help.
Huggybaby
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures