It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:52

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG)

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List

Postby A.R. » 20 Aug 2008, 10:27

My 5 cents about MWSPA...

Two months ago I also investigated all possible sources of full pictures (incl. Torrent and MWSPA) and noticed, that the content of several sets in MWSPA is "slightly" different from Torrent/Mediafire archives. 99% of cards are the same but several cards are different! In my opinion, MWSPA versions were worse in all cases. I have no idea what is an origin of those "alternate" versions.

I don't remember exact names of the cards (or even sets) - sorry :) I'm a lazy guy and didn't post anything on the forum at that time O:)

Someone can direct MWSPA to the picture folder - it will download only pictures with different checksums.
A.R.

Postby Huggybaby » 20 Aug 2008, 13:13

No time to answer everything, but:

MF and MWSPA should have the same stuff. If they don't match there's a mistake. When we're done with this update exercise then once again MWSPA=MF=Torrent.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby halfheart » 21 Aug 2008, 02:41

Hey where i can get "three token cards: Elf Warrior, Goblin, and a new 7/7 Elemental" from the Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins?

halfheart

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Aug 2008, 03:28

You're almost in the correct topic: It is only logical that all token requests should be submitted to MahamotiD, the Token and Promo Master: http://slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=452
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Mahamoti » 21 Aug 2008, 09:24

Hey where i can get "three token cards: Elf Warrior, Goblin, and a new 7/7 Elemental" from the Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins?
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4665#p4665
Box Set Cards section -> EVG = Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins
tokens are in the package
Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Postby Nyth » 21 Aug 2008, 11:16

I've had even more of a look and have come up with the following summary of the next steps.

Fulls
Link Update
  1. Updated MF Link for CS to point to MWSHQ CS Fulls 050208.zip instead of CSMWSHQ_CS_Fulls.zip.
  2. Removed CSMWSHQ_CS_Fulls.zip from the list.
Things that need to be done
  1. Verify which MED is the latest.
  2. Decide on BCE as Collector's Edition mnemonic until further comments made.
  3. Remove crops from EVG and I2P and recreate the full zips.
  4. Change zip structure for folder names in all files marked in Yellow to properly coincide with the set mnemonic (EVG, BCE, I2P, JRE).
  5. Decide on folder structure for LND sets (Alternate Art, UNH, UG).
  6. Remove MWSHQ LRW Promos.zip. Correct place for Wren's Run Packmaster is in PRE.zip along with all the other Prerelease cards of LOR, MOR, SHM, EVE. Correct place for tokens is TK.zip.
  7. Recreate a new TK.zip with all tokens until EVE.
  8. Create a separate TKE.zip for Extended Art Tokens.
  9. Create a separate TIP.zip for all Tips and Tricks Cards (should only include PT Tips and EVE Tips so far). Number cards by full set name and card number (+ side 1 or 2 for two-sided cards).
Things to include
  1. Update and include all the promos from this thread Promotional Cards Pictures for MWS + Masterbase
unless it may make more sense to exclude them from this list and include all of these in a new separate torrent since they will update a lot more frequently.
The current assumption is that, barring the above comments, all other MF Links are the latest versions of each set.

Crops
  1. Verify which 8E, RAV is the latest.
  2. Find out what's going on with B (and BCE?) and which file is the latest for both.
  3. Take removed crops from EVG and I2P and recreate the crops zips.
  4. Recreate a new TK.zip in the same manner as with the fulls.

I've reattached the Excel File again. I really need advice on the sets in doubt and where the best proper token set resides.
Attachments
CCGHQ MTG Picture Sets Full & Crops.zip
Updated File List for Review
(24.46 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Fritti » 21 Aug 2008, 17:36

Great research, and nice summary Nyth.

I'd like to add the following that was on my list to check. You found the rest :)

Fulls
Link updates
  1. The UNH / UG lands collection is already in the UNH / UG sets, does it need to be duplicated in another zip file?

Crops
  1. The "Split Card Crops.zip" seems to be unnecessary if the contents are integrated into the respective sets crop files. Some sets have crops that are actually fulls due to this. See e.g. DIS Crops.zip / BoundDetermined.jpg vs Split Card Crops.zip / DIS/BoundDetermined.jpg
  2. Flip cards are missing crops (e.g. in CHK, maybe other sets)

For the tokens / promos etc. that span multiple set release (PRE, REL, TK), it might not be a bad idea to keep the .zip files split, but make them so that they all go into the correct directory without overwriting each other.

E.g. "Lorwyn Promos.zip" contains the following:

Code: Select all
PRE\Wren's Run Packmaster.full.jpg
REL\Shriekmaw.full.jpg
And "Eventide Promos.zip" contains:

Code: Select all
PRE\Overbeing of Myth.full.jpg
REL\Figure of Destiny.full.jpg
And of course the same for tokens (they go into TK).
Fritti

Postby Nyth » 25 Aug 2008, 08:48

Have now revised my previous post with more comments.
Please note that I need help in deciding which is the latest set when multiple copies exist. I can only go so far in terms of organising and TorrentZipping the necessary files and renaming folders and the like whereas someone (not sure who) has to verify my assumptions and questions so that we can finalize this torrent in time to add FTV:D to it.

Assumption
All MediaFire files (from links in spreadsheet) are considered to be the most up-to-date versions of the sets apart from where mentioned below.

Verification Required
This is for files where the MediaFire links may not be the latest and where I need help.
  • MED Fulls.
  • 8E Crops.
  • RAV Crops.
  • B and/or BCE Crops.
Rename Folder Structures
I will do this task and TorrentZip as requested.
  • Separate EVG and I2P into Fulls zips and Crops zips.
  • Create Fulls zip for Collector's Edition, with BCE mnemonic unless anyone has any complaints.
  • Rename folder within JRE
  • Remove top folder from Alt Art Lands.zip
  • Convert rar files into zips for A, FI, JRE and SM
To Exclude From Torrent
  • Do not include UG and UNH lands as a separate zip since they are already included in the UG and UNH sets.
Promos
I've had a look at the Promo thread Promotional Cards Pictures for MWS + Masterbase and have come up with a new separate Excel spreadsheet for the Fulls found in that thread.
Again, this may need to be a separate torrent based on user feedback.
Against Fritti's suggestion, may I suggest that since these files will be in a torrent, we should not use separate zips for each set's prerelease and release cards.
  • Recreate PRE.zip with LOR, MOR, SHM, EVE prerelease cards.
  • Recreate REL.zip with LOR, MOR, SHM, EVE release cards.

Tokens and Tips & Tricks
  • Recreate TK.zip from Token thread Tokens for MWS such that it is one zip with all tokens including EVE as well as a text file with the associated token names for easily updating MWS. Folder name will be TK.
  • Recreate the Extended Art Tokens from the same thread into a TKE.zip with TKE as the folder name.
  • Create a separate TIP.zip for all Tips and Tricks Cards (should only include PT Tips and EVE Tips so far). Number cards by full set name and card number (+ side 1 or 2 for two-sided cards). For example, PT01.1.jpg for side 1 of card 1; PT01.2.jpg for side 2 of card 1; EVE01.jpg for card 1/8 of the EVE set.

With regards to the new Excel file attached, I've based it on the Fulls from the original file and updated it from the Promos thread. 6 files on the list have different links than their earlier counterparts (both torrent and MediaFire based) so these will need verification.

Another question I've got is this: What is the difference between SUM and SM? MWS Masterbases only seem to have the two cards in SUM and not the full LQ set found in the SM archive. Anyone have an answer for this?

Excel files attached below.
Attachments
CCGHQ MTG Picture Sets Full Promos.zip
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
CCGHQ MTG Picture Sets Full & Crops.zip
(24.6 KiB) Downloaded 634 times
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Fritti » 25 Aug 2008, 10:21

Nyth wrote:Please note that I need help in deciding which is the latest set when multiple copies exist.
We need input from Huggybaby, extreme, PresetM or anyone else of the official CCGHQ people here I guess.

I will try to also reorganize the pictures I have in the same way as you propose. Torrentzipped, these files should then exactly match yours. That way we at least have verification that two of us have the same stuff. Does that sound like a plan?

Nyth wrote:Against Fritti's suggestion, may I suggest that since these files will be in a torrent, we should not use separate zips for each set's prerelease and release cards.
I wasn't clear on this I think. Of course, for the torrent, the PRE.zip and REL.zip should be recreated. I was thinking about the periodic updates as sets are released, e.g. Conflux prerelease would be CCGHQ MTG CON (Conflux Promo's) 20081201.zip with PRE\confluxiandragon.full.jpg and REL\draconianconflux.full.jpg in it. As soon as a new torrent is made these pictures should be recombined into their respective "sets".

But really the most important thing: we need input from the "officials" here! I definitely wouldn't like to step on anyones toes by appearing to "release" or "update" something that others have worked long and hard for. I just saw some inconsistencies and went from there...
Fritti

Postby extreme » 25 Aug 2008, 11:09

In my case it's pretty darn difficult, i don't keep cards in a mws structure, i use presetm's much more complicated one, which isn't usable with mws though. And probably will never be. I also never keep crops, all i have are the 600dpi processed cards and the hqs.
For MWS i use goblin hero's database and a set of small fulls that i do for myself automatically (hq resized to 50%, that way they are exactly the right size in mws and ALL the cards are less than 700mb).
So I'm afraid I'm not much help here...

By the way, I finished redoing Coldsnap. Thanks for scanning - presetM, as usual. Huggy will release it soon probably. Now the colors are finally accurate, you'll see the difference.
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Lynolf » 26 Aug 2008, 22:57

What happened to the Apocalypse crops? They're no longer in Mediafire... :(
Lynolf

Postby Nyth » 27 Aug 2008, 05:42

The Apocalypse crops are available at http://rapidshare.com/files/95390849/MW ... 022708.zip

Has anyone had some time to review my last post? Not wanting to step on any toes but I'm itching to get this whole thing together for a full torrent release soon after FTV gets released. I've also found out that I've got a promo that is missing an HQ scan. I can finally donate a scan of my own.

I'm going to do the obvious steps in my plan while I await all the verification. I will create the new zips and will post MD5s alongside for double verification, Fritti.

Assumptions being made. Please let me hope this effort is not in vain.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby extreme » 27 Aug 2008, 07:28

i think huggy is on holidays, he hasn't answered to me either about coldsnap, so have a little patience :)
what exactly is your promo we don't have ?
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby A.R. » 27 Aug 2008, 09:20

> Has anyone had some time to review my last post?

Didn't you miss Portal Demogame cards? They are available in HQ (there was a link in this thread)...
A.R.

Postby Lynolf » 27 Aug 2008, 11:51

Those aren't the crops, those are the fulls... :(

What happened to the Apocalypse crops?

Edited: I found them now, but in another torrent.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gemy42tdjlj
Last edited by Lynolf on 27 Aug 2008, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
Lynolf

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures