It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:17

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG)

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List

Postby Nyth » 05 Aug 2008, 09:54

This goes back to the suggestions I was making earlier about version numbering the zips even if they're on MediaFire. This means that people can download updated versions only in comparison to the main torrent, rather than going through each one individually and trying to figure out which is the latest.

AFAIK, all the zips on MediaFire are the latest (not sure how they compare to the torrent); which means that if one downloads all of them and puts them in a new torrent, one would have the most up-to-date full collection.

As I mentioned earlier, I'd be happy to create this versioning structure.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby halfheart » 05 Aug 2008, 15:28

Guys i got a question: I downloaded 7th EDITION, but it looks like no HQ pics compare whit other sets like jugment or scourge. I get it from mediafire zip file, is there and update version or i need get it from torrent?
Here 2 pics:
This one from 7th:

This one from Judgment:
halfheart

Postby extreme » 05 Aug 2008, 15:40

we said it before - 7th will be redone, it's bad now.
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Fritti » 05 Aug 2008, 20:09

Right, so I had a day off...

Attached is my spreadsheet that I used to create some sort of order in my head. I now have downloaded all of the pictures from mediafire again (luckily it's a lot better than rapidshare!)

I believe that the links in this sheet point the most up to date available pictures. They are compiled from links from the first post of this thread, updates posted in this thread, and updates from Mahamoti D's promo thread.

The following is meant as constructive criticism of the list of links in the first post - I can understand that it's horrible to update this many links and retain some semblance of sanity, so please don't take this the wrong way Huggybaby! It's merely stuff that I noticed while compiling the sheet.

• MWSHQ BR Fulls.zip is still listed just below BR Fulls2.zip - I assume Fulls2 supersedes the old one?
  • AP crops/full is listed twice in mediafire list, one without date, one with date 022708
  • the old AT fulls/crops are still linked between MWSHQ AS and MWSHQ B (Beta)
  • the old BD fulls/crops are still linked between MWSHQ Collector's and MWSHQ BOK
  • BOK is linked twice right after one another
  • the old BR fulls/crops is listed again right after the BOK double
  • CS fulls is linked twice to different downloads. Furthermore the zip file called 'MWSHQ CS Fulls 050208.zip' seems to be uploaded on 01/28/07 while MWSHQ_CS_Fulls.zip is uploaded on 05/02/08. Yet the contents of these zips are exactly the same!
  • the old CST fulls is linked just below the (DE) and (IT) versions
  • the old DIS is listed just before the new one
  • S2K crops is linked twice right after one another, with different downloads
  • MR fulls link is incorrect, should be http://www.mediafire.com/?jtzyymhz1z4
  • The new HQ Portal tips/tricks is not listed in the mediafire download list
  • deckmaster (DM) fulls/crops are not linked from the mediafire download list
  • MED fulls does not seem to be HQ but is labeled as a HQ download?
  • is the PLC split crops download still needed? Those crops are already in the PLC Crops zip as well, and on top of that there is a newer zip file with all Split Card Crops.
  • are the Kamigawa Flip Fulls contained in the respective full sets? If so these links can go away.

And finally these last remarks, related to other stuff I ran across:

• Mahamoti D's promo scan collection is a lot newer, but does not include crops. Or am I missing something?
  • I can't find any link to the oversized 9x12 cards (not even low quality), is it somewhere to be found?
  • the Collector's Edition does not have an abbreviation on your lists

Now that I have all pictures from mediafire, I'll start comparing the sets to the torrent. That'll be done sometime later though, maybe tomorrow or otherwise after my minivacation starting the day after. Hopefully the sheet is useful. And if you spot errors, please let me know!

Again, thanks for all the scans. I'm enjoying looking at those cards again even though I haven't played Magic in ages.

ADDENDUM

The new attachment is an overview of the list of .zip files I now have on my computer. These are the zip files linked from the sheet, but given a new name. I have made one modification, which is renaming the folder inside the Collector's Edition .zip files from "B" to "CE" - hence the fact that these files have a date of 080508. Other than that I have only changed the names to be more descriptive, and I have run torrentzip on all of them so that people will be able to reproduce these.

I plan on creating a torrent with these files after my mini-vacation, which is probably next Monday - if nobody objects that is. So let me know if that's ok or not.

Also, I do realize that this is not a good "update" format, and that people might need to redownload a lot that they already have. However for newcomers like me an up to date torrent would still have helped, and in this format it's even possible to see what sets have had updates released after the torrent download.
Attachments
CCGHQ zipfile listing and md5sum.zip
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 1136 times
CCGHQ MTG picture sets overview.zip
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
Fritti

Postby halfheart » 05 Aug 2008, 22:54

extreme wrote:we said it before - 7th will be redone, it's bad now.
:oops: Thx for reply, im new here :oops:
halfheart

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Aug 2008, 02:34

That's OK halfheart, welcome to the forum. extreme wasn't being mean, just brief, I assure you. :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Aug 2008, 03:31

Nyth, I haven't missed your suggestions.
The old naming scheme was "MWSHQ DK Crops.zip"
The team discussed the shortfalls of this recently, and, as a result, all my new posts to MediaFire, Rapidshare, etc, look like this:
CCGHQ MTG DK (The Dark) Crops 070408.zip

So the extra new version info is:
1) We changed from MWSHQ to CCGHQ. CCGHQ sets always supersede MWSHQ sets.
2) The game is specified e.g. "MTG". I added this because we support all card games, Pokemon, etc., so "MTG" shouldn't be obvious and hopefully won't be in the future.
3) The full spelling of the set e.g. (The Dark) is added, to avoid confusion.
4) The upload date, e.g. 070408 is added, given in American time format, so in this case July 4, 2008. If I upload the same set several times for improvements or corrections, the newest will always have the latest date.
Let me know if anything else might be added, keeping in mind that title length should be moderately convenient.

Fritti:
MediaFire is intended to have the newest sets compared to both torrents.

The MF sets should match the MWSPA sets. I need to know if they don't match.

MahamotiD has the newest pics of anyone for the sets he compiles.

The oversized 9x12 cards should be in the torrent somewhere, I forget the set abbreviation.

Thanks for all your work comparing what's available---that's exactly what I did when I started. See your PM.

Thanks fellas for your eminently useful posts,

Huggy
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Nyth » 06 Aug 2008, 09:27

Oversize 9x12 are marked as "12" in the torrent. There's 3 full scans of Ascendant Evincar, Raging Goblin and Rhox.

[BTW, I decided to download and seed the non-English torrent to help keep it alive. Also permanently seeding the other two torrents on a machine that never sleeps.]
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Mahamoti » 06 Aug 2008, 13:52

Fritti wrote:Mahamoti D's promo scan collection is a lot newer, but does not include crops. Or am I missing something?
I collect only full pics.
Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Postby Win » 08 Aug 2008, 10:34

hm, I just wanna know when the official gamepack (up to eventide) & HQ pics for eventide releases? Thx :D
Win

Postby Mahamoti » 08 Aug 2008, 12:35

Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Aug 2008, 01:52

Nyth wrote:Oversize 9x12 are marked as "12" in the torrent. There's 3 full scans of Ascendant Evincar, Raging Goblin and Rhox.

[BTW, I decided to download and seed the non-English torrent to help keep it alive. Also permanently seeding the other two torrents on a machine that never sleeps.]
Right, that's it. The "12" scans I THINK are from my original collection long ago, they're not from the HQ project; they could be from Bersogedon. That's why the torrent is still the last and only source for some of the pics contained therein.

That means that not all files have been uploaded to MF or RS, though they should be.

The torrent still has a few pics that MWSPA does not, I think.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Aug 2008, 04:30

Here is the Deutsche Portal, thanks once again to PresetM and extreme:

CCGHQ MTG PT (GER) (Portal) Fulls 080608.zip 38.26 MB
http://www.mediafire.com/?ia4rqaeuzcj
http://rapidshare.com/files/135186445/CCGHQ_MTG_PT__GER___Portal__Fulls_080608.zip

More to come...
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Aug 2008, 06:46

As promised, more to come is now here.
Congrats and thanks again to Pr3537M and 3x7r3m3 (that's PresetM and extreme fool, leetspeak courtesy http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/l/leetspea.htm).

Those of you prudent enough to subscribe to this topic now know why it is beneficial to do so---because new sets come out unpredictably...and sometimes they look even better than you thought they might.

I must say that this set and the previous CCGHQ MTG PT (Portal) (GER) look GREAT! The sharpness, contrast, brightness and color saturation are spot on, and the horizontal lines show no artifacting.
Observe:
Yeah, I wanna see THAT coming at me...

And for general English language deck purposes, I think that, at least, the lands in this set are usable in normal decks.
Who wouldn't benefit from the steadfast, relentless power of ancient asian lands?
Those mountains are carved deep from ages of erosion, but even after that are vegetated. They must go in my next red/green deck!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 09 Aug 2008, 14:44

P|23537/\/\ @|\||) 3><7|23/\/\3 |20(|< (PresetM and Extreme rock. My wife, she hates leetspeak :D)

I agree that these are amazing scans. And honestly, if I knew how to make my computer make the symbol for mountain in Chinese, I'd never type mountain again...
I like being bad... it makes me happy...
staggerwingjtstw

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures