It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:43

Text Size

CARD SCANS NEEDED for the CCGHQ Team

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: CARD SCANS NEEDED for the MWSHQ Team

Postby extreme » 01 Oct 2008, 20:31

You know where to look for them.

About the sheets - i have been thinking a lot about them, also have tried some, it's a real PITA with a A4/letter sized scanner. An A3 might do the job, but collating seamlessly and correctly different scans of a piece of paper that's been folded countless times... good luck with that. I think it can be done but only after pressing very carefully the sheet for some time between say 2 pieces of glass, then scanning it on a large surface scanner.
which we don't have.
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 01 Oct 2008, 20:54

Hmm. Well, I don't care if the scan has fold lines, or is pieced together. And if the edge of the sheet is flush against the side of the glass shouldn't it be straight enough?

The restoration quality isn't important, only the content. A lot of us are very casual players and we find the information quite helpful. I suppose the content could even be put into a text file, but that would be so...uncool. #-o
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby PresetM » 02 Oct 2008, 00:08

PresetM: Any status comment?
Surprising, all these wishes. :-)
So let me give an overwiew what I can do:

Alpha: I have already written this in another topic, I think. Early in this year I failed in buying a complete mint (!) Alpha set, because the seller made a contract with a dealer already. Currently I see no chance to have scans from Alpha. I don't will scan any non-mint Alpha card. So sorry. Is there anybody who sells a mint Alpha set? [-o<

Summer Magic: I know a person, who knows a guy in Switzerland who has a complete mint Summer set. From this guy are the scans on MagicLibrarities. Currently I see no chance to get HQ scans of this set because that man refuse a new Scanning of his cards. I personally believe this is the only existing complete mint Summer set in the world.

alternate 4th: I have started an Alternate 4th collection. But it is difficult (and expensive) to get mint cards. So I don't believe that I will finish this set in near time. And it doesn't have priority.

Box Topper Cards (both side): American Version (Alpha corner) is no problem, I have all box topper cards including all promo box topper. From the European version (Beta corners) I miss four or five.

Oversized 6x9 Cards: no problem too. I have all.

English Salvat cards: I personally don't believe that English Hachette cards were ever printed. I discussed this issue on Magic Librarities too. Maybe only a limited test print of the Rats deck. Definitely not more. But French and Italian Hachette scans will come in near future.

Tenth Edition Alternate Foils: I will only scan the complete foil set of the 10th Edition. This will include all alternate foils. But currently I don't have a foil set of 10th. Is there anybody who can sell me a (redeemed) sealed box?

Unhinged Alternate Foils: No problem, I have a complete foil set.

all non-English promos: I'm working on it, as you can see. :-) The latest Gateway and Alara Prerelease are nightmares. :x

non-English cards with an alternate art: It is my goal to have all ever printed cards in all languages as HQ. This includes all alternate art cards from the sets. But this is a long way to go and I have my doubts that we can achieve this. So it seems a good idea to have scans of alternate art cards already today. I have nearly 80% of all these cards foil and non-foil. I'm missing only chinese cards starting with 10th Edition and newer. So scanning of my cards isn't really a problem. If someone from China reads this, please contact me.

Tip Cards: First we should collect all the tip cards. Currently I have German complete and English nearly complete. I'm looking for all other tip cards starting with 10th Edition in all languages. Are there guys out there who can help me to get all these tip cards (and Token too!) [GH, do you have the Russian ones?].

World Championship Decks: No problem, I have them all. We should add here the Pro Tour set from New York, 1996.

tip sheets that come with precon decks: Difficult thing. I have all until the Kamigawa Block. But only in English. Let me say, this is the latest thing, I will scan. And extreme commented this already.

Personally I can add to this section all official Life counter, the japanese 3D-Token, all official Tokens that printed in Japan and China, front covers of all magic books, magazines and comics, the Magic Poker card games and many more...
Not to forget the International Edition and Collectors Edition, we currently don't have good scans.
And the Dragon Box... of course. I like this.

Only thing I need is time for scanning all this. Who knows a time seller?
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby yvel » 02 Oct 2008, 09:04

[Box Topper Cards (both side): American Version (Alpha corner) is no problem, I have all box topper cards including all promo box topper. From the European version (Beta corners) I miss four or five.
Send me a list of what you need, i can get some for you.
French Dci Ajani is ready to me shiped
yvel

Postby PresetM » 02 Oct 2008, 11:06

Hi yvel,
Send me a list of what you need, i can get some for you.
thank you very much for your offer. :-)
Here is the list of missing 8th Edition Box topper (European version):
- Phyrexian Arena
- Lord of the Undead
- Skull of Orm
- Suntail Hawk
And please, as you know, all cards must be mint.

French Dci Ajani is ready to me shiped
Great, but I don't have my six needed German Ajanis at this time. Currently the Ajani's are very expensive. So please let us wait with this trade one or two weeks. BTW, did you sent the last two french Gateway cards? I didn't get the cards until now.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby yvel » 02 Oct 2008, 20:27

I 'll send you too
- Skull of Orm
- Suntail Hawk
yvel

Postby Bog Wraith » 11 Oct 2008, 17:46

With the ever increasing quality that the scans have attained over time, I see other older sets that would benefit greatly from a redo such as the recently completed 7E did for that set.

I would like to recommend the Odyssey block for this redo, when it can be done.
Odyssey, Torment & Judgment can really use this redo, especially for the Full's, for the same advantages in clarity of the text and colours that 7E has just gotten.

Any plans for this block in the near future? [-o<
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby PresetM » 11 Oct 2008, 22:56

Yes, I will scan these sets. But currently I only have complete English sets. For all three German sets of the Odysse block I need several cards. If I have these cards, I will scan all three sets English and German.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby extreme » 12 Oct 2008, 08:16

in my opinion the onslaught block is in much worse shape. 8th is not that good too
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 12 Oct 2008, 13:28

For Onslaught block the same problem: I'm missing some German cards. 8th I have complete. I put this set on my ToDo list.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby A.R. » 13 Oct 2008, 20:20

> For Onslaught block the same problem: I'm missing some German cards.

Do you need those German cards to rescan the English set? ;)
A.R.

Postby Huggybaby » 13 Oct 2008, 20:29

He likes to do them all at once because it's more practical that way. We're all impatient, but we must be understanding, as painful as that can be. :lol:
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby PresetM » 14 Oct 2008, 01:23

Do you need those German cards to rescan the English set?
Yes, because I have both English and German set in one binder on opposing pages. If I only scan one set, I have to remove all cards from the binder two times. This is a lot of work and it decreases the quality of the cards more than necessary. So the only thing you can do, is waiting (or help me to get the missing cards quicker :) ).
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby Fritti » 14 Oct 2008, 05:48

PresetM wrote:So the only thing you can do, is waiting (or help me to get the missing cards quicker :) ).
Where is the list of cards that you are missing? I'm going to Spiel in Essen in a week, they'll probably have German cards there.
Fritti

Postby Bog Wraith » 14 Oct 2008, 16:30

extreme wrote:in my opinion the onslaught block is in much worse shape. 8th is not that good too
After checking the Mediafire vault, I found that I had not updated my Odyssey pics when that set's HQ scans were released May of 2007! So, I now have the latest scans and they are much better than what I had.

I still think that another scan of them is welcome, but I agree with extreme that the Onslaught block could use a redo even more then Odyssey!

I would also add high on the list of needed re do's: The Mirrodin, Darksteel & Fifth Dawn sets!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures