It is currently 18 Feb 2019, 06:18

Text Size

Promo and Box Set Cards

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 03 Jul 2016, 21:20

Teppic manages the Missing Promos list, so he can probably update it to include the correct list of scanned promos if you send him a share link to your Dropbox folder. The post-KTK prerelease cards have really been waiting on Photoshopper bandwidth -- I've been doing all promo processing and color/output for all regular sets and just haven't had the time for another ~60 cards per set.

None of them are in the Releases distribution folder currently, but I believe we have all the old Prerelease Cards in the XLHQ Promos torrent?
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 03 Jul 2016, 22:04

charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Teppic » 06 Jul 2016, 15:55

gleavitt wrote:I'm not sure who collects and updates the cards from the 'Missing Promos List' but I've had all the missing prerelease cards from before SOI and most of the missing SOI prerelease cards in my dropbox share for a while now. I have a friend who owns an expedition Dust Bowl so I'll see if I can borrow it to get a scan shared. I also noticed there are no high res scans of the early set prerelease cards when they were printed in foreign languages (Invasion through Torment I think), so I have added those to my dropbox share in case you want to make high res versions of them. I also shared a scan of the new FNM Spatial Contortion.

I'm simultaneously working on a data base project of my own design which I plan to turn into a collection management tool eventually. Most of the current tools I've tried using are missing a significant number of the promotional cards in their databases and don't handle grouping the way I would like. As I find card images missing from the collection, I will let you know.
Thanks gleavitt. I've now updated the Missing Promos list with all your scans. The only missing prerelease promo is now The Gitrog Monster!

The foreign prerelease cards are: Raging Kavu, Questing Phelddagrif, Fungal Shambler, Stone-Tongue Basilisk, Laquatus's Champion. I have HQ images for all these, which came from CCGHQ a long time ago. Haven't looked for them in recent torrents.

The Missing Promos list is generated using the database from my iOS apps which includes all English language promo cards and tokens (with the exception MPS land promos, and the recently discussed Tamiyo's Journal variants). I've spent a lot of time making sure is complete. I'd be very interested if you find unknown promos.

Postby davizca » 07 Jul 2016, 07:39

Long time no see...

First of all, this is like a dream. I remember when we were missing a lot of promos and a lot of sets and just, WOW. This project is supreme.

http://updates.mtgapps.com/missingpromos.html

Awesome. So all the "scanned" ones are scanned cards which will be coming in this thread (slowly I guess) or... Maybe have been released and I still haven't seen them?

Still, awesome work guys.
davizca

Postby charlequin » 07 Jul 2016, 14:25

davizca wrote:Awesome. So all the "scanned" ones are scanned cards which will be coming in this thread (slowly I guess) or... Maybe have been released and I still haven't seen them?
If it doesn't appear on that page at all, we've processed and released 200/300 DPI images of that card. If it appears there and says "Scanned," it means we have an unprocessed raw image but still need to finish the process of cropping/masking/color-correcting it before it can be released. At the moment, that should apply entirely to recent set pre-release promos, of which we now have a pretty extensive scan collection but which I haven't had time available to go through -- ideally we'd find another person who can tackle the processing for these.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 07 Jul 2016, 14:33

And if anybody wants to volunteer, everything you need to get started is right here:

https://mega.nz/#F!3tVTwQLQ!ZG55_cypM8V3wduEU0lMAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR06umC ... Ri5TZLEFZm
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 07 Jul 2016, 14:54

After seeing them all together, I went back and reprocessed Pia and Kiran, you can compare to the earlier image in this thread to see the difference:

All five sizes of this have been replaced in the MEGA folder.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby kudit » 08 Jul 2016, 04:06

Our missing promos list also updated:

http://deckmaster.info/tools/neededScans.php
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby skibulk » 08 Jul 2016, 11:33

@Kudit

Your "Alliances / Ice Age" missing cards are actually from the Cold Snap Theme Decks. Some of your Vanguard missing cards are digital cards that were only released for MTGO, but never printed. The images you have for them were rendered using the HQCG. I suspect that some others have already been released in Charlequin's XLHQ Sets / XLHQ Promos torrents.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby kudit » 08 Jul 2016, 13:49

Have we processed the cold snap theme decks? I'm pretty sure I've already gone through all the torrents and mega released cards, so if there are ones you think are already processed that I missed, please let me know which torrent/mega they are under and I'll grab them for processing.

Do you have a list of the vanguard cards that were digital only? I can mark them as digital which will remove them from the needed scans list.

Thanks!
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby charlequin » 08 Jul 2016, 14:20

kudit wrote:Have we processed the cold snap theme decks?
Yup. Listed under, I believe, "CTD" in the torrent (should probably change that) there are 62 distinct cards included.

Do you have a list of the vanguard cards that were digital only? I can mark them as digital which will remove them from the needed scans list.
Librarities has the full list of series 1-4, the only physically released Vanguard carsd: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/291-rar ... index.html Anything else was MTGO only.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby gleavitt » 08 Jul 2016, 23:08

kudit wrote:Our missing promos list also updated:

http://deckmaster.info/tools/neededScans.php
I put the Ravenous Seeker in my share folder.
gleavitt

Postby charlequin » 09 Jul 2016, 04:38

charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 10 Jul 2016, 04:24

Something a little different.

So: for the last three years, at San Diego Comic Con has sold a set of super limited edition "black on black" planeswalker cards featuring the PW cast from the upcoming core set. For the purposes of our images, these cards are difficult for two reasons: for one, they're very rare and expensive, and so hard to get scans of; and two, the unique printing treatment of these cards means scans don't come out well, and don't really reflect the appearance of the cards in person.

We still haven't gotten comprehensive scans of the later years of these cards. But for people who want images that represent how these cards look, I wanted to put together a set that are based more on their theoretical look than how they come out from direct scans. These images are based on scans or high-res line art of each card to begin with, and use samples from photos to simulate the two texture effects on the real cards (the satin effect on the card body, and the metallic-foil effect on the spot-color highlights.) Not sure if these are useful or interesting to people, but given the odd and unique situation with these cards I thought this would be a fun experiment.

SDCC 2013:

ImageImageImageImageImage

SDCC 2014:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

And the double-sided planeswalkers of SDCC 2015:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Xitax » 11 Jul 2016, 21:41

I don't know if you can do anything, but SDCC 2014 is a little blurrier.
Xitax

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures