It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:41

Text Size

HQ PICS TORRENTS plus µTORRENT USER'S GUIDE! LORWYN 11/02/07

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

HQ PICS TORRENTS plus µTORRENT USER'S GUIDE! LORWYN 11/02/07

Postby Huggybaby » 29 May 2008, 21:28

The torrent is the best way.

------>GET THE COMPLETE 10E HQ PICS TORRENT FROM Rapidshare or Mediafire or Torrentz or Torrentbox!<------

------>11/02/07 Get the NEW Lorwyn UPDATE from MediaFire or Torrentz!<------ Now in Multitracker!

TORRENT SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download the "Complete thru 10E" torrent.
2) Download the 10E to LRW Update to a different location. The torrents are meant to be separate.
3) Unzip the 10E Complete torrent.
4) Unzip the Update torrent, then move those files into the Pics directory you made in the previous step, overwriting all.
------>TORRENT BETTER INSTRUCTIONS<------

Any comments? You can post your speed results, plus
any questions or suggestions in the Torrent Discussion Thread.

Tenth Edition (10E) Torrent
RELEASED June 22, 2007
SIZE 3.00 GB
Fulls = 93 Sets, 16,242 pics
Crops = 81 Sets, 15,559 pics
Extras = 1,735 pics
Total = over 33,500 pics or thereabouts
PIECES 12289 x 256 kB

Point this torrent to the last "FUT" torrent to join at 70%!
PLEASE don't join at 0% if you have the last torrent already!
For instructions, search this page for "How do I update".
Don't be a noob!

Do not use Super Seed mode! Force Seed/Force Start is OK!

Like my granny used to say, "Pick and choose, the best refuse". So get them all. ;)

PROBLEMS:
If you have problems use µTorrent. http://www.utorrent.com/
If you use Azureus and have problems read http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Existing_data_file_length_too_large
Otherwise, post in the forums for help.

Huggybaby

CHANGES FOR THE NEXT TORRENT
Add 8E to change log.

Remove CHA crops, they're fulls

S2K Crops still contains ST2K folder

GWY--->GTW

1996worldchampion
http://www.mwsdata.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4180#14180
Huggybaby
Administrator

µTORRENT GUIDE

Postby Huggybaby » 29 May 2008, 21:30

FIRST TIME TORRENT USER's GUIDE

Download µTorrent (micro Torrent) from http://www.utorrent.com/download.php.

I use the standalone version but it's your preference. One tiny executable does everything, just like the DOS days!
If you don't prefer English, you can also download the Language Pack from the same page.

You should now have something like this:

Now you can go ahead and launch µTorrent by double clicking on it. Like the Borg, the language file will be automatically assimilated and disappear. You will be asked if you want to make a shortcut:

Click Yes.

Then you'll be asked if you want µTorrent to be your default Torrent application:

Click Yes.

Next, the Speed Guide window comes up:

This important configuration screen is also the most confusing, so be patient. (To get back to this screen later, click "Options/Speed Guide", or Ctrl+G.)

In the Connection Type dropdown listbox, choose the UPLOAD SPEED of your connection in kb/S (that's kilo BITS). Setting it higher WILL NOT HELP.

I must choose 384 kb/S. Note that the Connection Type shows kiloBITS per second, but the related Upload Limit is in kiloBYTES per second. Arrgh!

Anyway, you know you have the right setting when the Upload Limit is a little less than your actual upload speed. Since I can upload at 40 kB/s, then 35 kB/s is right for me.

Don't get hung up on this step, you can change it later.

Next, unless you're on a dialup modem, your port must be forwarded. Click the "Test if port is forwarded properly" button. If you're a newbie, you'll probably fail and see this:

Go to http://www.portforward.com, click on your modem model, and follow the instructions. This may be difficult for you, but I cannot help. Portforward.com has excellent instructions, follow them.

Afterword, and with any luck, you will see this:

Once your Connection Type and Current Port are configured, click on "Use Selected Settings".

Congratulations, the hard part is over!

Now you should be looking at this:

OK, now you can go to http://www.mwsdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=783 and download the torrent file. If you use the Torrentspy link, click the "Download Torrent" button:

No, this file does not contain the pics you desire! Do you really think 1.58 GB of pics can be compressed into a 38 KB file? I think not! The torrent file should look something like this:

Doubleclick the torrent file and you should see the Add New Torrent screen:

Select what you want, then Click OK.

Hopefully you'll now see a little blue download arrow, like this:

Alright, you're now a Leecher!

Now, when you finish downloading, you will automatically start uploading, or Seeding, as shown by the green up arrow.

It is irresponsible to stop seeding until your "Ratio" is above 1. The whole torrenting concept is based on your understanding of this principle. So be a responsible seeder!

Congratulations, you're torrenting! It will be much easier from now on!

NON-ENGLISH USERS:

If you don't prefer English, you can also download the Language Pack from the same page.
To install the language pack, put the file into the same directory as your µTorrent executable. The language pack will install automatically when you next launch µTorrent. To choose your language: Options/Preferences/General/User Interface Settings, Language/Apply/OK/Restart µTorrent.

To delete your standalone µTorrent, remove the µTorrent directory in your Application Data directory:

Comments, suggestions? Post them HERE
Huggybaby
Administrator

µTORRENT 1.6 TWEAKS

Postby Huggybaby » 29 May 2008, 21:31

µTORRENT CONFIGURATION TWEAKS:

BITTORRENT PREFERENCES:
"Protocol Encryption": Outgoing Enabled.
"Allow incoming legacy connections": Enabled.
"Enable DHT" and "Peer Exchange": Not necessary for the MWS HQ Pics torrent.
"Enable Scraping": Yes

CONNECTION PREFERENCES:
"Port used for incoming connections": Anything between 10000 and 65535.
"Randomize port": No. You forwarded only one port, so make sure µTorrent uses it every time.
"Enable UPnP": If you have to ask, No.
"Windows Firewall exceptions": Yes. It can't hurt.

DOWNLOADS PREFERENCES:
Pre-allocate" and "Append": No.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:

Q. What is a "torrent client"?
A. A torrent client is merely the program you use to do your torrenting, that's all. So if I ask you what your client is, you'll hopefully answer "µTorrent", but maybe "Azureus", or "Bittorrent", or "BitComet", or "Mainline", etc.

Q. If upload speed is so important (since it determines my download speed), what should it be?
A. Set your upload speed to 70-80% of your maximum upload speed. 100% is bad. If you set it to 100%, you won't have bandwidth left to download. You also need some bandwidth to communicate with the tracker and perform some other functions. Less than 70% and you may not be sharing enough to maximize your download speed. Ordinarily the torrent protocol demands that you share. If you set your "Connection Type" speed properly, then your automatic "Upload Limit" calculation should be fine.

Q. Which port should I forward when using µTorrent?
A. Forward any TCP port between 10000 and 65535. You only need to forward one TCP port, and you don't need to forward a UDP port.

Q. Are there any ports I should NOT use?
A. Avoid using these ports:

Direct Connect 411 - 413
Kazaa 1214
eDonkey 4662
Gnutella 6346 - 6347
BitTorrent 6881 - 6889

Your ISP may throttle (slow down) traffic on those ports. I suggest you use any port between 49152 and 65535.

Notice how most of these torrenters have configured properly, and yet three people are still blithely using the default 6881 port:

Q. Why forward ports?
A. Because of the way torrents have been designed, the faster you can upload (share), the faster you can download, and open ports allow you to upload faster by allowing people to connect to you more easily.

Q. Is it absolutely necessary to forward my port(s)?
A. No. Sometimes a torrent will have so many seeders that you will achieve maximum speed regardless. This is the exception, not the rule. So forward your port.

Q. How do I choose individual sets from the torrent?
A. Click on the torrent, then the files tab. Use Ctrl-A to select all the files. Right click on the highlighted list and set all files to "Don't Download".

Then, select what you want, right click on it and set priority to normal.

Q. How do I update my torrent? or, How can I join the new torrent at more than 0%?
A. After you download the torrent, make sure it's stopped, then right click on it.

Set the download location of your new update to the same folder as your last one.

Then right click on the new torrent again and choose Force recheck.

It will check the old against the new, and hopefully you'll join at more than 0%.

That's it for now!

Comments, suggestions? Post them HERE
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: HQ PICS TORRENTS plus µTORRENT USER'S GUIDE! LORWYN 11/0

Postby kurupt13 » 17 Jul 2019, 05:19

Many thanks Huggybaby torrents are hard to find sometimes but you have also included filehost urls which is great such as rapidshare
kurupt13

Re: HQ PICS TORRENTS plus µTORRENT USER'S GUIDE! LORWYN 11/0

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Jul 2019, 11:25

I'm glad to know that anything is still working...all the images are gone and the instructions are old. This torrent is obsolete I think, but hey if it's still seeded...and isn't Rapidshare dead?

To your point, it is convenient sometimes to have torrent files on a host.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Pictures