It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:55

Text Size

Project: HQ Small

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Project: HQ Small

Postby Hellfire147 » 27 Aug 2008, 05:37

Hi every sorry for not being around much I have been busy learning to use magic workstation again and understanding the new sets I haven't played since coldsnap and I am also wonder the amount of Dial Up Users still use magic workstation and is sick and tired of using LQ or RQ scans.
I haven been really thinking about reviving The HQ Small Project and Huggy can tell everyone that it was worth while project in the past it was something I started and when the demand for it died it went with it
but when I was on dial-up I know how everyone felt so I took an pre-made HQ Scan and tweeked so it change from a 120kb down to a 60kb that was a big decrease and everyone was in a uproar and happy and after fine-tuning and other things it was a hit.

so after awhile I started to drift away life problems and I lost intrest but a friend kept the project alive until the demand went down then I asked for the project to be unstickkied so it went into the archives and it was gone it was great while it lasted.

So I am just gathering opinions if it needs to be brought back if not than it shall be remane gone until the demand for it convinces me to bring it back,

and just reply to talk to me if you want later

hellfire147
Steven E Benson
Hellfire147

Re: Project: HQ Small

Postby halfheart » 27 Aug 2008, 18:01

I think that dial-up users have http://magiccards.info/ as solution, same HQ pics but resized (~60kb), and also don't have to download a big file to get all the cards.
halfheart

Postby Huggybaby » 27 Aug 2008, 22:25

It's worthwhile of course. Nice to carry all your pics on one CD, not DVD. I think when the new torrent comes out, whenever that is, would be the perfect time.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Hellfire147 » 28 Aug 2008, 04:10

like huggy says once the new torrent comes out it will be worthwhile.
thanks to torrents even a dial-up user could get HQ scans alot quicker when they have be shrinked downside it will take awhile.
think a Full set unshrinked would be about 2GB or more and a full set of shrinked can be more than 50% smaller if made right and they are in HQ.
so when the time comes and HQ Small is needed I will be here to help start it again.
but the avage file size in HQ smalls sets was about 20-50MB so so consider the size of the sets HQ Smalls was the way to go for HQ scan instead of using LQ RQ scans which are terrible.
so I am going to get off of here and talk to you all later.

Hellfire147
Steven E Benson
Hellfire147

Postby extreme » 28 Aug 2008, 08:51

i am using a set of small fulls 240x340 cards that fits on a cd. I have experimented a little to find the limit of compression - where do jpg artifacts begin to show - and I came up with that set which is in my opinion the smallest possible before quality decreases visibly. I don't use crops though.
240x340 is exactly the right size for mws to display, it has no resize to do so you have to check out the hq resize option or something like that, and it will look extremely sharp.
In Photoshop I am using bicubic sharper resize to 240x340, then save for web jpeg quality 70.
If you want i can provide the sets.
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Hellfire147 » 29 Aug 2008, 03:47

Well Extreme we will need them when the new torrent comes we will need them then not now
but don't orry it will take time because we will need a team to handle all the sets that haven't been resized to hq small which probly hasn't been since the new stuff like in timeshift and on so there would be atlease about 4 months of work or more but. like huggy said once the new torrent gets out we can get to work besides the recruiting people to help out the project since I don't have access to mint cards all of the time RAW card scans would be the main concern.
we will disscuss this more once we hear from huggy

Hellfire147
Steven E Benson
Hellfire147

Postby extreme » 29 Aug 2008, 07:45

haven't been resized to hq small which probly hasn't been since the new stuff
huh ? I just said i have ALL of them.
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Aug 2008, 17:25

Plus, the smalls I made were batch processed and took a half hour. :P
Mine are about 100 MB total, how much are yours extreme?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby extreme » 29 Aug 2008, 17:48

about 650 megs, but they are fulls
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Aug 2008, 18:22

OK. Mine are crops, meant to be the smallest set possible, with 100MB total my goal.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Hellfire147 » 09 Sep 2008, 08:36

I didn't realized people are making there own HQ smalls and it was upto date with the new stuff like I said I haven't been around since from coldsnap I had timeshift cards but not very many then I lost intrest so when I got into Lorwyn/Shadowmoor/MorninTide/EvenTide.
I felt like I was starting over again and here in the states pre-releases are nolonger being done in big events just pre-release parties at local shops. so I have to research and learn the game again so when huggy gets the new torrent ready for release.
HQ-Smalls will be re-introduced back into the fold lets hope we can get people interested in HQ-smalls and use them but we will have to see.

talk to you all later

hellfire147
Steven E Benson
Hellfire147

Postby detonator » 15 Sep 2008, 18:36

I have prepared small cropped and full pics and public them on mwsdata.com
Also I implement it as single ...setup.exe which after install will automatically update pics search folders for MWS settings.
detonator
DEVELOPER

Postby Mahamoti » 15 Sep 2008, 18:52

http://mwsdata.com/

Very good page =D>
Mahamoti
Promos/Tokens Master

Postby Hellfire147 » 16 Sep 2008, 03:52

ok so with even the new stuff comming out
I would like point out that we need to start getting a team together to combine the works all in one
and if I am able to get ahold of RAW scans or once I get the cards we need I can help.
particulary Shards Of Aura I will be hopefully attending the pre-release parties
where I live so I can get some mint cards for scanning even though I have a HP all in one
but I will tweek the settings to make the card HQ particully the Promo Foils

let me know soon

Hellfire147
Steven E Benson
Hellfire147

Postby detonator » 16 Sep 2008, 04:47

Mahamoti D wrote:http://mwsdata.com/

Very good page =D>
By the way, why promo cards in Pics from HQ torrent don't correspond to promo cards in GoblinHero database? For example GURU/Asia/Europe lands in database are three sets, in pics they are one LND folder.
detonator
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to Pictures