It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:24

Text Size

HQ Pics Synchronization and Torrent Update

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ Pics Synchronization and Torrent Update

Postby Nyth » 12 Dec 2008, 12:29

Well, we're back on track and looking close. The crops are pretty much ready and the fulls are ultra close. Let's hope we can issue it in time for Christmas...
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby meep.o.matic » 12 Dec 2008, 19:09

Good to know that =) Keep up the awesome work!

Anything I can do to help you guys with the torrent?
meep.o.matic

Postby Huggybaby » 11 Feb 2009, 20:36

Well, seed it when it's released is all we need right now.

The latest news is that we've finished the fulls, and are down to literally just a handful of crops to be finished, which means we are 99% done. When will the last 1% be finished? I don't know for sure, but soon (an appropriately imprecise term don't you think?)

What remains is to get the extras folder together and complete the documentation, and we'll be ready to roll. I don't think anybody wants to see this updated reference released more than I do! It will be nice to go through my hard drives and delete all the old sets I have laying around "just in case".

The torrent will be more correct than MediaFire and MWSPA, and since it will be such a solid foundation we'll be able to release meaningful update torrents once again.

Once that's done we'll get MF corrected so that it has all the best stuff, eliminating the final point of confusion.

Ahh, good times!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Feb 2009, 17:11

I thought we were done but while double checking I found a bunch of promos that might need updating, so we've been delayed again. And now I'm wondering if we shouldn't go ahead and redo all the crops, since so many fulls have changed. This damn thing has become quite complicated. It's harder to keep track of than probably any real job I've done.

For example, I found 288 items to compare to see which are newer.
The next time I looked at it, there were only 205, and I have no idea what I did to change them. So now I have to compare the comparisons to try and figure out why 83 went away. This kind of thing makes my glorious hair want to fall out, running away in search of less stressful climes.

The temptation is to release things as they are, but we refuse, because we really want the updates to be meaningful additions and corrections, not fixes for wholesale errors we could have corrected if we had only been a bit more persistent.

Stay tuned.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby doxaios » 29 Mar 2009, 10:53

Any news from the torrent?
doxaios

Postby Nyth » 29 Mar 2009, 14:00

We're at the final synchronizing stage getting the promos and tokens up to scratch. We'll be reviewing the changes over the coming weeks and it is looking like it may be an early to mid-April release. Think of it as an Easter present (with DD:DvD included).

The reason it is taking time is that we are trying to hammer out a structure that will last and be easily updatable. We also aim to have more than one seed when we start it going. Keep tuned.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Previous

Return to Pictures