It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:27

Text Size

Vector Set Symbols and Watermarks

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Vector Set Symbols

Postby Imaginarion » 22 Sep 2012, 10:58

skibulk wrote:Alright,

These aren't perfect. Going forward I won't be creating symbols for sets which Gatherer supplies medium quality images. For this set they have done just that. Wizards' symbols may be downloaded using Ark's Gather Downloader software. They're usually made available a couple of weeks after the set release.

It's just not worth the time to do these when they'll never be as accurate as Gatherer's. I will not be vectorizing Sorin vs. Tibalt, or future core set symbols, and expansion symbols. I will do specialty symbols which Wizards doesn't release i.e. Salvat 2011, etc.
I understand -- thanks for the last set of Izzet vs Golgari symbols. Do know that I (and many others) are extremely appreciative of your work -- it makes it much easier for us and you've done an amazing job with all of the symbols. :)
Imaginarion

Postby deicidemilan » 27 Sep 2012, 15:59

Can someone made Graveborn and Sorin vs. Tibalt svg symbols?
deicidemilan

Postby Ark » 27 Sep 2012, 16:11

skibulk wrote:Alright,

These aren't perfect. Going forward I won't be creating symbols for sets which Gatherer supplies medium quality images. For this set they have done just that. Wizards' symbols may be downloaded using Ark's Gather Downloader software. They're usually made available a couple of weeks after the set release.

Sadface!
I was really hoping to eventually expand upon http://ark42.com/mtg/boxlabeler.php to include all rarities and SVG files for all sets too. Right now my goal is just to get 1000 pixel images in black and white for each set. The recent sets I only have 300 pixel versions of for some still.
Ark
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 27 Sep 2012, 19:37

Ark wrote:Sadface!
I was really hoping to eventually expand upon http://ark42.com/mtg/boxlabeler.php to include all rarities and SVG files for all sets too. Right now my goal is just to get 1000 pixel images in black and white for each set. The recent sets I only have 300 pixel versions of for some still.
White dragon did a bunch of set symbols on MTGSalvation. Although I don't believe he's still doing so, I suspect somebody over there might pick up the slack.

I would like to do some of the promo watermarks and stamps that we don't have yet - like Junior Super Series, etc. If somebody makes a spreadsheet of every watermark ever used, and the cards they were used on, I can get some of those together...

Do we have a typographer in the house? I've identified some of the fonts used in the various magic watermarks and logos, but I cannot for the life of me find the font used in the MOTL "ONLINE" Logo. I know it has been modified, but it had to come from some base. Also the typeface used in the old Denkei Moah (Japanese Magazine) Logo. There's a couple of promos with it watermarked.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Oct 2012, 15:32

Hey folks, I read that the new Photoshop has some improved vector tools. You probably know, but just in case:
https://www.google.com/search?q=new+pho ... =firefox-a
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby skibulk » 16 Oct 2012, 16:29

My offer still stands: if somebody creates a spreadsheet documenting all the watermarks, stamps, and which card they're used on, I'll start rendering them.

I've attached the FNM Stamp As Seen On TV, err, on these promos: Artisan of Kozilek, Rhox War Monk, Squadron Hawk.

Attachments
FNM-Stamp.zip
AICS5, PNG, SVG
(192.79 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 17 Oct 2012, 08:51

Let me get this straight, are you looking to identify every watermarked card individually? There was a PDF of vector symbols that was maintained by WhiteDragon for set symbols. I can definitely help identify odd watermarks that many promos have had if necessary.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 17 Oct 2012, 13:06

I'd just like a little help organizing a reference sheet for making these. For example, while making the previous logo, I opened all 3 promos Artisan of Kozilek, Rhox War Monk, and Squadron Hawk to determine the most accurate build for the logo by comparison. (Sometimes the logos are different as watermarks and stamps than they are in full color. I'll also be creating these in two versions: Full color / White overlay for rendering) If I had a cheat sheet in the format suggested below, it would be easier to build each of these. While some stamps and watermarks have already been done by White Dragon, it would be nice to have those in the cheat sheet as well; I'd verify that the symbol is consistent across promos (some marks have multiple forms). Plus we could use the mapping for rendering cards with the HQCG.

Cheat Sheet Example:

Code: Select all
==Symbol==     ==Promo==
Friday Night Magic   Artisan of Kozilek
                     Rhox War Monk
                     Squadron Hawk

M12 Set Symbol       Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
                     Garruk's Horde

AVR Set Symbol       Moonsliver Spear
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 19 Oct 2012, 20:47

It seems that Chinese Portal cards have an Alternate Set Symbol. Could I get a 1200 dpi scan to work with?
Attachments
$T2eC16V,!y0E9s2S65DEBQceZYd0jQ~~60_12.jpg
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Snacko » 19 Oct 2012, 22:36

This looks like portal set symbol compare
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby skibulk » 19 Oct 2012, 22:55

@snacko

Here's a larger image. I believe that there *is* something different about the logo on S-Chinese Portal edition cards. The "Cells" almost appear inverted with black centers. There's no way to tell what's going on without someone posting a 1200 dpi scan. Note that T-Chinese cards appear to be normal.
Attachments
15873404.jpg
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Snacko » 20 Oct 2012, 09:23

If you change the color from grey to black and invert the separator color from black to white you get the same symbol. At least that's what my eyes tell me from the image you've posted.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby thanos33 » 28 Oct 2012, 18:00

Any chance someone might have the New Phyrexia and Mirrodin Symbols
thanos33

Postby deicidemilan » 28 Oct 2012, 18:42

thanos33 wrote:Any chance someone might have the New Phyrexia and Mirrodin Symbols
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
deicidemilan

Postby Agrankar » 11 Dec 2012, 15:43

thanks for logos can you release all logo symbols?x))))
Agrankar

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures