It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:48

Text Size

Vector Set Symbols and Watermarks

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Vector Set Symbols and Watermarks

Postby WD1983 » 21 Oct 2022, 20:33

So I've got some new things here.

First off, above I've updated both the Alchemy 2023 and Phyrexia: All Will Be One files so they are accurate.
Attachments
J22.png
J22.zip
(11.94 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Last edited by WD1983 on 25 Feb 2023, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
WD1983

Postby AnarchyStarfish » 07 Dec 2022, 05:34

Has anyone thought of making watermarks for the Streets of New Capenna families (Brokers, Obscura, etc.)?
AnarchyStarfish

Postby JohnPrime » 12 Feb 2023, 19:04

Are there vectors for Commander Collection Black? Setcode: CC2
JohnPrime

Postby WD1983 » 21 Feb 2023, 21:40

Well, it's been awhile, but with everything being shown today, looks like I have some work to do. Not sure how I'm going to do the LOTR symbol with the Elvish script, but we'll see. Should have a big release of symbols in the next few days.
WD1983

Postby WD1983 » 25 Feb 2023, 02:28

Since there's a lot, I'm going to break this up into two posts. First one is tonight.

I was unaware there wasn't a download for Time Spiral Remastered, that surprised me.

Here we have Time Spiral Remastered, 2022 Starter Commander (corrected), Phyrexia: All Will Be One Commander (corrected), March of the Machines, March of the Machines Commander.
Attachments
TSR.png
TSR.zip
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
SCD.png
SCD.zip
(10.6 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
ONC.png
ONC.zip
(10.68 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
MOM.png
MOM.zip
(17.12 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
MOC.png
MOC.zip
(15.29 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
WD1983

Postby WD1983 » 25 Feb 2023, 04:14

Okay, so I have three more. I will do the Lord of the Rings sets soon. That Elvish script is a pain.

March of the Machines: Aftermath, Multiversal Legends, Commander Masters
Attachments
MAT.png
MAT.zip
(8.9 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
MUL.png
MUL.zip
(12.01 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
CMM.png
CMM.zip
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
WD1983

Postby skibulk » 29 Apr 2023, 02:40

I needed the Return to Ravnica watermarks for some proxies I'm making. All I could find online was the original Ravnica watermarks. You can see the differences at the bottom of this Wizards article.

Anyway, I extracted the official vectors from WotC sources and thought others might find them useful. So here you go.
Attachments
MTG Return to Ravnica Guild Symbols.zip
(44.99 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby werjin23 » 08 Jul 2023, 22:22

Does anyone have a Kaladesh Remastered set symbol?
werjin23

Postby JohnPrime » 10 Sep 2023, 22:25

Has anyone made the Lord of the Rings Setsymbols yet?
JohnPrime

Postby skibulk » 08 Oct 2023, 18:26

Hello. These aren't vectors but I just wanted to mention thesse techniques I used back when I was making vector symbols. You can Google search for Images or PDFs on Wizards.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:wi ... &tbs=qdr:y
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:wi ... &tbs=qdr:y

Sometimes you can extract vectors from the PDFs or find better reference material. Attached is an example JPG.

The second technique is to "search by image" on Google.

https://www.google.com/imghp

I dropped in the attached JPG and immediately found a better PNG.
Attachments
s-l1600.png
ltr_product_guide_fr.jpg
ltr_product_guide_fr.jpg (6.69 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Mnemonic » 11 Jan 2024, 21:53

Sad to see that this project is stuck. Anyone who is dedicated should look out for storage label assets. They are released for every new set and contain vectors.

Have fun!
Attachments
ltr_strlbl_3in_binder_en.pdf
(35.79 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Mnemonic

Postby Investigamer » 18 Jan 2024, 11:07

I'm keen to keep this project maintained, I've started an ongoing repository for tracking a complete catalog of both SVG set symbols and watermarks. The repository has some maintenance scripts (written in Python) which will routinely check all sets and all watermarks against the current catalogue and generate a markdown file listing the sets and watermarks which are currently missing, as well as a collection of set symbols which are missing specific rarity treatments.

Unfortunately, despite having an account here for some time I'm unable to post a direct link to the Project because of BB's automatic link prevention for "new users", you can find the project on github(.)com, add Investigamer/mtg-vectors to the end of the URL. If you want to see the generated list of currently missing assets, check out the MISSING.md file. My Photoshop automation software for generating HD cards relies on these symbols being updated, so you can rest easy this project will continue in perpetuity. I invite others to help with maintenance by submitting missing SVG's to the catalogue via a pull request.
Investigamer

Postby WD1983 » 29 Jan 2024, 03:57

Investigamer wrote:I'm keen to keep this project maintained, I've started an ongoing repository for tracking a complete catalog of both SVG set symbols and watermarks. The repository has some maintenance scripts (written in Python) which will routinely check all sets and all watermarks against the current catalogue and generate a markdown file listing the sets and watermarks which are currently missing, as well as a collection of set symbols which are missing specific rarity treatments.

Unfortunately, despite having an account here for some time I'm unable to post a direct link to the Project because of BB's automatic link prevention for "new users", you can find the project on github(.)com, add Investigamer/mtg-vectors to the end of the URL. If you want to see the generated list of currently missing assets, check out the MISSING.md file. My Photoshop automation software for generating HD cards relies on these symbols being updated, so you can rest easy this project will continue in perpetuity. I invite others to help with maintenance by submitting missing SVG's to the catalogue via a pull request.
I will start off by saying that I will try and get back into this, but I've had some things going on that have prevented me from being able to keep up.

I will also help you out by posting your link below...
https://github.com/Investigamer/mtg-vectors

I would also like to point out that Scryfall's symbols are not 100% accurate. They have several symbols that are 'approximations' as to what the symbol looks like. I've had to correct multiple symbols from Scryfall.
WD1983

Postby Investigamer » 22 Feb 2024, 14:46

WD1983 wrote:I will start off by saying that I will try and get back into this, but I've had some things going on that have prevented me from being able to keep up.
Happy to hear it buddy, no worries IRL stuff always comes first so don't ever feel obligated! You've provided so much to the community already and you have my thanks. Without all the folks who've provided the hundreds of existing symbols over the years I would have to take so much time out of my coding schedule to do design stuff that I'm really not that great at, so it has been a massive help :D <3

WD1983 wrote:I would also like to point out that Scryfall's symbols are not 100% accurate. They have several symbols that are 'approximations' as to what the symbol looks like. I've had to correct multiple symbols from Scryfall.
Oh yeah, absolutely. I have definitely noticed the discrepancy with some Scryfall symbols being... poor to say the least lol. When I first start cataloguing and doing data analysis to figure out what sets did or didn't have existing symbols, a lot of folks in our server (you can find it listed in Discord discovery as "Magic Proxies", if interested) had already been stepping up to do some of the newer ones and usually the good designers will take the best WoTC provided raster asset and use it as a guide in Illustrator/Designer to draw shapes over top, and there's a video guide going through this process pinned somewhere in our server, for any folks who might be curious. Personally.. I leave the challenging ones to others unless I have a lot of time on my hands, because I just kinda suck at vector graphics lol. But I try to at least tackle the simple shapes, where the Scryfall asset is more or less on-point, correcting any formatting or excess space with Illustrator. I've also been trying to fill out the missing rarities since it's just a case of opening the SVG and swapping out the gradient 8)

When I first released my Photoshop automation card building app, we used Keyrune font for the symbol and applied the effects on top of the font character layer, which was definitely less than ideal even after spending so much wasted time building out a custom stylesheet library, separating characters into multiple layers, etc.. At some point we tried importing Scryfall symbols and applying effects to those, and it was even worse since the SVG's had varying document styles and some got totally borked when imported into Photoshop :lol:
Investigamer

Postby e-w-hull » 04 Mar 2024, 03:47

Spent the last week on these 15 sets. The Images I used as sources are included in the ZIP files. I only use the vectors for the commons so many of the gradients aren't 100% accurate but they're close enough for me.

I'm not even going to attempt the WOT gradients.

Part 1 of 3
Attachments
WOC.zip
(357.31 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
WOC_preview.png
WOC_preview.png (28.62 KiB) Viewed 511 times
WOT.zip
(753.62 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
WOT_preview.png
WOT_preview.png (14.98 KiB) Viewed 511 times
WOE.zip
(415.69 KiB) Downloaded 25 times