It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:07

Text Size

MTGO Cube Alternate Art

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTGO Cube Alternate Art

Postby skibulk » 22 Feb 2013, 20:28

So it turns out that some of these were not in the holiday cube, but rather they were alternates in planechase 2012 or something. I don't have time to sort things out right now, but maybe somebody would like to identify which of these are currently viewable under the MTGO collection tab, and which set they belong to. (Those which are not in the database can be assumed to be cube).

Also a tip for finding high res images not posted to Wizards' website: drop them into google image search. It can turn up gold.

Please share any progress you make :)
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 22 Feb 2013, 20:53

New art for the signets available at:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=444125 Specifically the section: Official Art from the Mothership - Card Art

Also at: http://imgur.com/a/T9wjh
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby skibulk » 22 Feb 2013, 20:57

Nyth wrote:New art for the signets available at:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=444125 Specifically the section: Official Art from the Mothership - Card Art
Those signets have graphics overlaid. They're not 100% original.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 02 Feb 2015, 08:21

It would appear that there have been some additional cards with new art added in the more recent MTGO Cube releases, including Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and Shadowmage Infiltrator. Has anyone been able to identify and gather these images?
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 24 May 2015, 11:58

So the new art of Shadowmage Infiltrator has now seen print in Modern Masters 2015 while we know Thalia, Guardian of Thraben to be the WMCQ promo for this year.

I've been collating all the artwork necessary to make a full up-to-date proxy version of the Holiday Cube 2014 in M15 borders and it has been quite a mission. I've done quite well so far and will share my exploits shortly once I've got HQCG churning out the newer cards as it is supposed to.

Any help in getting an updated cards.csv will result in a quicker result from my end, but I can share some samples if anyone is interested.

Not all the M15 templates are available so at some point I'll be trying to get a designer to aid with the process. Templates such as Leveller and Miracle don't have M15 versions so we're all flying blind for the time being.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 24 May 2015, 17:19

I've been hunting around for the illustrations from these cards wherever I can for a little while now. After removing stuff that's gotten a physical printing, there's eight I haven't managed to trace down in any larger size:

Blue Elemental Blast (Christopher Moeller)
Goblin Vandal (Thomas M. Baxa)
Lake of the Dead (Eytan Zana)
Metalworker (Jasper Sandner)
Mind Twist (Seb McKinnon)
Nether Void (Veronique Meignaud)
Red Elemental Blast (Christopher Moeller)
Stunted Growth (Dave Kendall)

What I've dug up so far's in the attachment.

Nyth wrote:Any help in getting an updated cards.csv will result in a quicker result from my end, but I can share some samples if anyone is interested.
Definitely interested! What cards.csv do you mean?
Attachments
MTGO Art.zip
(10.22 MiB) Downloaded 528 times
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 25 May 2015, 13:11

Your collection seems to be similar to mine and I believe I've got better versions of some of yours and you have better versions of some of mine. I'll compile them together to come up with a better selection for people to comment on.

As far as the cards.csv comment I made earlier, it is the full database of all Magic cards in a flat text file format that is used by a lot of the different programs on here. I suspect that someone's updated it to include everything to date but I'll need to dig around for it. Was just hoping someone knew off hand.

Do note that I am not doing Photoshop renders of these cards, but the generator can generate a nice facsimile of what Wizards has been doing for their newer online sets such as Vintage Masters (8th Edition Modern template) and Tempest Remastered (M15 Modern template).
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Dstinct » 12 Jun 2015, 01:58

Lake of the dead was released online via Vintage Masters. What size are you looking for?

Lake of the Dead.jpg

I hope you find the Metalworker and Mind Twist as I have two decks in my testing gauntlet and would like to have that art.
Dstinct

Postby Nyth » 12 Jun 2015, 08:07

How does MTGO save the assets these days? Is it possible to just pull out the cropped art from that Lake of the Dead?
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Previous

Return to Pictures