It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:26

Text Size

How to killing Soldier deck?

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How to killing Soldier deck?

Postby mocmeo1998 » 12 Apr 2019, 08:06

y friend has been kicking my a** in Magic..and I am using cards from Ice Age, 5th Edition, and Mirage...I ordered some Wrath of Gods x4 just to try and kill all his crazy monsters...

I tried to build a Creatureless Mill Deck but not working very well due to the fact my friend can easily OVERWHELM me with A LOT of monsters/equip cards...

this is the deck I am running...

4 Angelsong
3 Cancel
3 Essence Scatter
2 Hindering Light
4 Howling Mine
4 Invincible Hymn
2 Memory Erosion
4 Mind Funeral
3 Offering to Asha
4 Ponder
3 Tome Scour
2 Traumatize

Spells [38]
4 Arcane Sanctum
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Glacial Fortress
5 Island
5 Plains

It works fairly well but he keeps hitting me with the DAM Soldiers and the Plainswalkers...

Please help...What can I do to get rid of them? Also if the opponent uses an Artifact and equips it to a monster and I play Unsummon on their monster does the Artifact Equip go to the GY?
mocmeo1998

Re: How to killing Soldier deck?

Postby anthill » 27 Oct 2021, 06:24

anthill

Postby amuseum » 02 May 2022, 01:15

Try turbofog, mainly blue-green deck. a bunch of Fog-like effects to negate combat damage every turn. 4-8 of these. can keep a few Wrath of God - like spells.

Replace black with green. Play ramp spells.

some good blockers with good ETB triggers. like Snapcaster Mage, Augur of Bolas, Wall of Omens, Wall of Blossoms.

also get more copies of other permanents with Howling Mine effects. such as Rites of Flourishing, Font of Mythos, Dictate of Kruphix, etc. 8-12 of these. to replace the one-time mill cards.

don't bother with Essence Scatter and Offering to Asha. get cheap counters (2cc or less), and Force of Will. you want to save counters for planeswalkers.

for that matter, play your own planeswalkers. Jace is probably best fit for mill strategy.
amuseum

Postby TheRaptor » 26 Feb 2023, 04:24

Building a creatureless mill deck can be challenging, especially if your opponent has a lot of monsters and equipment. Consider adding more removal spells or cards that can neutralize their monsters, such as counterspells or bounce spells.

You may also want to add some card draw spells to help you find the cards you need more quickly. Additionally, adding some protection spells for yourself or your cards can help you stay in the game longer.
TheRaptor

Postby karalinda » 14 Mar 2024, 10:12

Throw Field Marshal into the mix, and you can have two tokens (from Raise the Alarm) help the Catapult Squad block anything from a to a ...Board clears are terrible right now and soldiers has board clear resilience. The deck can run creature removal and spell taxes. It can run a ...you could do it in Asylum but only on new game plus same goes for AK. You ... Forum software by XenForo © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd. | Style and add-ons by ...
karalinda

Return to General Discussion