It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:15

Text Size

Username and WIKI login problems

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Username and WIKI login problems

Postby Goblin Hero » 13 Apr 2009, 06:15

Unfortunately mediawiki engine doesn't allow usernames to include underscore (and some other special symbols). If you have username with these symbols you won't be able to login to wiki.
Do not create new user!!! Just ask me or Huggybaby and we'll rename your account.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Username and WIKI login problems

Postby Kl3p_co. » 13 Apr 2009, 10:04

OH NOEEEZ !! TEH URFS IZ GOIN DUWN!!
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby Goblin Hero » 13 Apr 2009, 10:24

P.S. You can read wiki without problems. Login is only needed for editing.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby torridus » 19 Sep 2012, 05:47

I don't mean to bump an extremely old thread, but I'm having issues with the wiki - namely, I can't edit any of the pages. After I log on to slightlymagic.net and go to the wiki, the "login" link reappears in the upper right. Going to any other section of the site reveals that I am indeed logged in, and I have the "logout" button in the upper right instead of the "login" one. Only wiki pages tell me that I'm not logged in.

Clicking the Log In link while viewing the wiki brings me to a logon page, which is fine I guess, but attempting to log in gives me an error message stating that there is no user by my name. I don't understand why I have difficulties with the wiki; every once in a while, I can actually edit it. However, most of the time I cannot edit the wiki because it claims that I'm logged out and that there is no torridus/Torridus.

Help please!
torridus

Postby Goblin Hero » 19 Sep 2012, 06:01

torridus wrote:However, most of the time I cannot edit the wiki because it claims that I'm logged out and that there is no torridus/Torridus.
Strange. Try to clear the cookies in your browser.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion