It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:57

Text Size

HEX

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

HEX

Postby xanbie » 17 Oct 2013, 00:35

http://hextcg.com/
HEX is a MTG clone using the DOP interface but also an MMO its in alpha right now and people still have a chance to sign up for alpha/beta via slacker backer PP option. I'm sure most people here have heard or saw it since it's in the top 10 funded projects in kickstarter. I posted it here since its funny watching the twitch streams and seeing the buggy cards sort of like the bugs in these MTG programs. EX HEX's clone spell mimic dies because it becomes 0/0 if try to copy a */* Troop (creature) that is counting the number of cards in grave yard "Tomb lord".

They cleverly renamed all parts of the card game to different terms to avoid problems with WOTC.
xanbie

Re: HEX

Postby OhiraKyou » 04 Nov 2013, 01:55

It's far too much of a clone for my taste. I appreciate that someone is developing an online game that MTG fans can enjoy, but they are unnecessarily binding themselves to the trappings of non-digital games and MTG's archaic, sluggish rules. I occasionally enjoy playing MTG in its physical form, but manually passing priority all the time would get exceedingly annoying. Duels of the Planeswalkers is bad enough in that regard.
OhiraKyou

Return to General Discussion