It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:03

Text Size

Introduce Yourself!

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby chriswarne » 15 May 2010, 04:20

hey this is chris warne from California. I love making new friends.I came here for collecting informations.
Chris
chriswarne

Postby DemoneNero » 27 Jul 2010, 20:26

Greetings from Italy :)
Hold The Heathen Hammer High
DemoneNero

Postby Francorius » 11 Aug 2010, 20:46

Hi, short introduction.
Once started playing MTG when the first edition game out, After that played the later versions. A short period (half year or so) played with the manalink 2 (mostly developped by Monk?) but after that I havent played for a long time... don't know exactly how long I've didn't play.
Don't know how the connection.. how to find players with manalink wordks these days, anyone information for me?

Greetz from The Netherlands from this motor riding, stars gazing and with a genealogy hobby 48 years old boy
Francorius

Postby leg0man » 13 Aug 2010, 13:28

Hey all,

new user here from Ottawa, Canada. I played Magic back when I was in high school, from approximately Revised/Ice time up til Tempest/Exodus. After a long hiatus I just started playing again in the spring about a week or 2 after Eldrazi came out. I've introduced my wife to the game now and having a lot of fun playing both at home and out at local events like FNM and Launch Parties.

I ended up here while on a search for ways to play online (following links from magic-leage and MWS site) and joined the forum after downloading all the HQ pics and the HQCG and wanted to say thanks and be able to give feedback and ask questions later.
leg0man

Postby Syphon » 27 Aug 2010, 17:43

Hi, I'm Syphon. Longtime registered MWS user. I enjoy fun and puppies. And trolling. But not here. I like it here. :)
Syphon

Postby Hector » 05 Sep 2010, 14:11

Hello,

Greetings from Istanbul/Turkey to Slightly Magic forum dwellers.

I am Timur. I used to play Magic with 4th Edition. My gaming
periods are not as extensive as it was around '95. I also played
the game online with ManaLink back when it was brand new. When I
saw computer AI programs on this forum, I was delighted and
felt the pull to play the game again.

Currently I am having a blast with the DeckBot program. Thanks
for sharing all the useful information and data in these
forums with the masses.
Hector

Postby musketeer1640 » 22 Sep 2010, 16:51

Hello friends, my name is Ted Anthony Roberts, and I'm a Swashbuckling Author (published my first novel back in November 2009, called: 'The Adventures of Monsieur de La Donaree the Musketeer!'); I'm a Graphic Artist; a Game Designer (published my first game just recently, called: 'Of Swords & Nations ~ Musketeers, Cavaliers, & Court Intrigue! A Swashbuckling Collectible Card Game, set in 17th century France and England!'); and I am a game player!

Got my feet wet way back in the 1980's with Dungeons & Dragons, and I got hooked! Have also enjoyed Magic CCG; Redemption CCG; and DragonRaid.

If interested, you can see some of my online projects at these addresses:

Musketeers, Cavaliers, & Court Intrigue Collectible Card Game: http://swashbucklingpress.webs.com/musk ... rdgame.htm

My Swashbuckling Writings (including samples of my Musketeer novel): http://www.tedanthonyroberts.webs.com

An online Swashbuckling, Historical Adventure that I have written, created and Designed, called The Swashbuckling Press: http://www.swashbucklingpress.webs.com

My online Art Portfolio of my Graphic Arts: http://swashbucklingpress.webs.com/graphics.htm

Thanks for reading,
Ted.
musketeer1640

Postby Sayuri No Moe » 29 Sep 2010, 11:00

Hiya there!

I'm a new member, a magic-fan and...an Italian girl.
It's quite rare seeing girls playing this game, so I feel
quite exposed, but let's put this aside *blushes* ...

Pleased to meet you! Hope we'll have a nice time together!

Sayuri
Sayuri No Moe

Postby bladescape » 11 Oct 2010, 07:47

Hello, my name is Samuel.

I'm 16 and I live in Australia, play cricket and a couple of other sports.
I'll admit I don't play MTG THAT much, but I'm a consumate fan nontheless.
I'm studying IT, network administration hopefully but nothing definite yet, and I've done a bit of programming.
I've actually added Sunhome Enforcer to the latest version of Forge on my computer, and I'm looking to help at least in that regard.
Where do I post cards I've added?

Anyway, to cut a long rave short, I'm a new member.
bladescape

Postby Chris H. » 11 Oct 2010, 15:10

We have a forum at CCGHQ devoted to Forge: Forge

The Forge Forum has a subforum for the developer team: Developer's Corner

You can send your google email address to DennisBergkamp by private message and he will give you commit status. This will allow you to make contributions directly to the Forge SVN.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby bladescape » 12 Oct 2010, 04:03

Chris H. wrote:We have a forum at CCGHQ devoted to Forge: Forge

The Forge Forum has a subforum for the developer team: Developer's Corner

You can send your google email address to DennisBergkamp by private message and he will give you commit status. This will allow you to make contributions directly to the Forge SVN.
Hmmm, I only have a yahoo address.
I don't have a google.
If I need a GoogleMail address than I can make one.

I'm not THAT great a programmer, I've never tried Java before, Just Basic and C.
But if you want me still I can help.
bladescape

Postby loda » 27 Oct 2010, 15:38

i am so very impressed! i stumbled onto the software last night and have not been able to turn it off. i am a C# programmer myself and had developed a multiplayer online mtg. it was a blend of Apprentice and MTG:Online. was in the process of discussing a new WPF version with a fellow programmer and friend. I already had the sqlite database rolling.

i have the source and will help test and perhaps if i'm lucky i will be able to work myself through the code and fix any bugs i may run into.

thanks! i am loving this so far.
loda

Welcome tanthorjen!

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Nov 2010, 04:59

tanthorjen has a great looking new deckbuilder for Mac here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3623.

You guys should know that tanthorjen was the original author of Apprentice before Dragonstar took it over from him and made it what it is today. Apprentice is the app many of us started out with to play MTG games against our friends online.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Dracontes » 29 Nov 2010, 18:07

My name's Renato, I'm a 27-year-old Biology undergrad and acquainted with Magic: The Gathering for some 12 years. Even after falling from the fold some years ago I find playing Magic a good way to spend my time with things other than studying and art (shameless plug: http://dracontes.deviantart.com/ ) but after a time I wanted something more than the CD game that came with the 9th Edition Starter as finding people to play with has been really hard around where I live for the last 6 years. So here you have me wanting to give lots of kudos to the teams developing Forge and Wagic and to contribute what I can in terms of bug reports and decks.
Dracontes

Postby justme » 25 Jan 2011, 22:53

Hey
I can only be described as a MtG newbie (though not to CCGs), which incidently brought me here. I played the DotP on Xbox, liked but as was disappointed by the lack of a deck editor. Well at leat a full featured one, so i went searching for an alternative and eventually wound up in the Forge forum.

Forge didn't really appeal to me, but thanks to CCGs pletora (almost :mrgreen: ) of forums for apps with forced rules and AI, I ended up with JPortal. Perfect for someone like me, who's new to MtG and don't have the time to run around buying boosters and/or participating in RL tournaments.
Right now, i'm just modding it, trying all the features while trying to provide Malban with some usefull info.

Who knows, maybe when I can build a decent deck and hold my, I might try one of the online apps :)
justme

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion