It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:05

Text Size

Introduce Yourself!

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby cannabination » 19 Aug 2015, 15:52

Howdy. I've started playing MtG during beta but quit sometime around the Ravnica block as I couldn't justify spending so much money to keep my decks strong and current, and I hated retiring decks. I still maintain that MtG is the best game ever made, and I'm so thankful that your program gives me the ability to play it without investing a small fortune.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
cannabination

Postby Clockwork Penguin » 28 Sep 2015, 18:33

How odd.. There's only twelve pages of introductions, yet there's at least twenty-five pages of card requests. I think I'll do the civil thing, and at least introduce myself before I submit a request for card additions.. lol

Name's Misha, but everyone just calls me Mike since Americans seem to always mess up foreign names.

I've technically only started playing Magic recently, but the meta involved in the game seems interesting. A small group of friends convinced me to join them for a few play sessions (they play Vintage), and while it was rather chaotic (Vintage is NOT a friendly place to learn the game.. lol), I thought I could take there "perfect" decks and make them better (despite having zero knowledge, at the time, of any other cards besides what I'd seen them play). In just a couple months, I've improved every single deck I've seen my friends use, and built multipurpose decks that could easily hard-counter many of those decks.

I guess you could say I'm..sort of an unintentional game "troll". lol
Clockwork Penguin

Postby Huggybaby » 11 Oct 2015, 23:18

Hello Misha. You've apparently been hanging around the wrong Americans. ;)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Rockenchick » 16 Oct 2015, 05:22

I'm not good at intros, so this will be short but sweet. Love MTG, only been playing again for a few months after being introduced to it many years ago. Love to play heaps of different decks and make my own. Working on decks to offer currently and just enjoying MTG.
Rockenchick

Postby foxy » 02 Nov 2015, 15:30

Hey guys!

I love MtG! I am a teacher and some of my students introduced me to the game years ago (at the time of the 4th edition). We played after school and often had 6-8 people attend -- sometimes more. Many students joined over the years. But now, as all of the students who played after school have since graduated, Xmage gives me a chance to play once again.
foxy

Postby MajorTomSawyer » 14 Dec 2015, 15:17

I'm Tom, an old-school nerd who writes .pdfs for Pen and Paper RPG games in my spare time, and shares them on my website Gaming Nerds Я Us.

I had not played MtG with real cards (or at all for before Forge) due to my easily additive personality. I am afraid I would spend waaaaaaay too much money buying the cards I wanted.

So, thank you for sharing the PC version, so I can enjoy the game and not possibly need to file for divorce due to me spending too much money.
Webmaster of Gaming Nerds Я Us.
MajorTomSawyer

Location: I'm going there, but I like it here, wherever here is.

Postby UncleLorthos » 22 Dec 2015, 12:51

Hi guys! My name is Michele and I love magic since I was a kid! :D I love green broken cards (Oath of Druids, Food Chain, Survival of the Fittest...) and giant blue monsters :D
UncleLorthos

Postby jddud3 » 26 Jan 2016, 08:16

Hello everyone! I'm Jose. Started playing magic towards the end of theros. I've picked it up rather quickly! Love Xmage already!
jddud3

Postby AccrualBowtie » 07 Feb 2016, 22:47

Hello all! I am AccrualBowtie and was just introduced to MTG! I'm digging into the game and loving every second of it. I actually picked up Duels 2014 on Steam and am honing my skills! I am going to start with a "Selesnya" deck I think they call it - Green + White. (Mostly because those are my favorite colors) :D
AccrualBowtie

Postby pearloaf » 23 Apr 2016, 14:42

Hi my name is Jeff Stohr I love magic the gathering and I usually come up with some pretty unique deck ideas to share with others.
pearloaf

Postby Saetia » 07 Jun 2016, 00:04

Hey, I am Saetia from Suffolk VA. New to the Magic world. Found this site online and think it's a great idea. I am currently playing at BORDERLESS comics in Chesapeake VA. Calling out to all other players in the 757 area VA. Always looking to play or chat about magic. Trying to get a laptop so I can start playing on the XMAGE survers. I really love that idea and shout out to whoever started to XMAGE server/movement (I heard him say in his video that he will be starting his own tournament). I love watching the magic channel on YouTube, reading magic comics, and playing mtg duels, I have IOS and I am on game enter if you want to add me as a friend even if your outside of the 757 area of VA. I look forward to replays guys and girls. Thanks!

SAETIA757 is my game tag on... Everything. Look for me!
Saetia

Postby tempest » 10 Sep 2016, 15:04

Hi all, this is Lorenzo from Italy, and I'm coming back to Magic after about 20 years of hiatus. I started playing when Magic first came to Italy, in 1994, and played intensively for the next two years. I was in high school back then and it was a great way to make new friends and enjoy being part of a growing phenomenon.

Around 1996, folks I had been playing with either found another hobby, or moved to attend university. The cost to mantain a competitive deck was also getting important, and I didn't work at the time. I stopped playing. Some years later I sold a large part of my collection... I deeply regret doing so now, but I really needed the money back then.

Fast forward to this summer, and I stumble on a prerelease event of EMN. Something clicks, and the guy there invites me for a quick duel. At first, I don't even recognize the card layout (I'll later learn that it was changed for 8th edition) :)

Later, I went to dug out what's left of my collection. I recovered from my parents' house a binder with most commons and uncommons of the FBB edition; even the ones I most played with are in a good state, and I fondly remember having great times with them. I clearly recall putting that binder away before selling the rest.

I do want to make sure that they stand the test of time, and I started scanning them. You know, to make sure they are archived somewhere. I then asked myself if I was the only one on Earth doing so... And that's how I stumbled here. I've read the tutorial on scanning cards and there I learnt some best practices that I was pointlessly re-inventing myself.

The process is time consuming, but very rewarding. When I am at something, I'll probably ask in the Photoshoppers section if I can contribute my cards there.

And who knows, meanwhile I might find interest in playing the newest editions. They lack that "ancient scroll" feeling that first editions Magic had, but the new mechanics are interesting.

See you in the forums!
tempest

Postby goblin » 31 Jan 2017, 22:25

Hi, I'm goblin!

I've written a piece of software to securely generate random boosters between multiple people (which can be later used to build decks and print proxies), and I've also tried to create a post describing how it works, but the forum tells me that it looks too spammy and won't let me send it. Even after I removed all the links.

I guess I'll wait a bit and try again later, I'd love to tell you all about it!
goblin

Postby Huggybaby » 31 Jan 2017, 23:56

And we'd love to hear about it.

I don't know why you got the spam message if you removed all the links, but you'll be in the clear after a few posts.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby goblin » 01 Feb 2017, 13:26

Huggybaby wrote:And we'd love to hear about it.

I don't know why you got the spam message if you removed all the links, but you'll be in the clear after a few posts.
Thanks :-) By the way, which board is best to advertise new software like this? I was thinking "Magic: The Gathering Software", but that seems to have only 5 pre-defined boards, each dedicated to a single program (if I'm right)...
goblin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion