It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:28

Text Size

Introduce Yourself!

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby cmaflippi » 09 Nov 2009, 19:55

Hi,
I'm Flippi, or Philip, whatever you like more.
I am a 21 years old student of maths and business administration (BSc). I work for a Mtg-shop in Frankfurt and I am one of the Heads of the site www.magic-league.com .
Connected with the latter, I've gathered comprehensive knowledge about softwares, client-server connections and possible problems arising from such softwares, especially Magic Workstation. I also wrote some articles concerning the use MWS and its errors.
In my free time, I play Magic, read philosophy books or just hang around at friends.
I visit European GPs to play there and meet other Magic players, but have never placed in the money yet. Not important to me however, as I still have alot of fun.
I speak German, English and French and can understand written portuguese and spanish.

All in all, I am awesome.
15:15:26 Ayahuasca: eigentlich gewinnt der Haufen gegen nichts, aber das Mirror ist sehr ausgeglichen
cmaflippi

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Nov 2009, 03:01

cmaflippi wrote:All in all, I am awesome.
Yes, you are! :lol: Glad you're here flippi.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby sniperscope » 12 Nov 2009, 15:11

Hello Everyone:
A brief history, when MTG first came out my son and I were the only father and son team at MTG tournaments. I totally sucked but my kid was very good, he was always able to make the later rounds. I played for the love and fun of the game, not to win. I'm now 60, my kids have grown and gone, but I still play all kinds of PC & CCG games and always will till the day I die.

I still have my set of MTG PC cd's from the 90's from Microprose. Till this day I dislike Hasbro for buying out Microprose and then firing their entire staff. In my opinion Microprose was and still is the greatest makers of PC/board games that there ever was.
I found this site by accident, looking for patches to update my copy of MTG PC game to run on Windows 7. I have updated the game and it works fine with only one exception. I cannot get the quest part of the game to play full screen, but I can live with that.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and to thank all involved in keeping the PC version alive.

Also to Mr. Forge, out freaking standing on the work you have done with the game. You have done what major software houses refused to tackle stating that it would be too hard.
Looks like I have found a new home on this forum.
Regards to all;
sniperscope
sniperscope

Postby Scratchy78 » 18 Nov 2009, 15:32

Hello everyone. My name is Darren, but please, call me Scratchy. For the most part, the only people that really call me Darren is family and old friends. Not that I'd take offense if you were to call me Darren, it's just I'm so much more used to Scratchy. I started playing Magic back when Revised/4th Ed was out. Ice Age was my first expansion. I'm 31, today actually heh, Nov 18th. Scorpios rock!! heh! So anyways, I live in Albuquerque, NM. I have MySpace, my page is www.myspace.com/scratchy78 If you'd like, you can email me as well, just make sure to put something like 'MtG Forum' or something in the Subject so I don't delete it thinking it's junk. My email is Stinger1118@aol.com. Take care, talk to you all later.
Scratchy78

Postby Kamakazi Ghost » 28 Nov 2009, 14:56

Hey whats up everyone? I havent played magic in a grip!(been playing since revised and dark came out early 90s tho)(stopped playing around invasion set....urzas saga/leagacy really)...anyway i just got a new computer and wanted to play my old magic game(dont really know anyone to play or all new rules and cards!)(dont like the cards really either after hasbro bought em out!)....couldnt get it to work i have windows7...so i was online trying to figure out how to get to work and found the forge program and this website! Cool setup for the game!! Im downloading the pictures for the cards now! I played one game so far and was pretty tight! Interested to see quest mode. I would like to learn how to programme and help out! Im an Artist maybe i could draw up some backgrounds or charecters or something for you guys to add to the game? Just a thought... anyway great job and thnx!!!

I have the Magic Encyclepedia disk also havent tried to run it on windows7 yet but anyway to get the images of the cards off that? Also can I play other people online with this?
Drew
Kamakazi Ghost

Postby Huggybaby » 28 Nov 2009, 17:22

Hello Drew,

Almost every programmer here would welcome the help of an artist, so just pick your game.

About running your old magic game, see our manalink forum.

The magic encyclopedia images don't compare to those from the HQ team. :)

Welcome to the forum.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Teg Miles » 28 Nov 2009, 22:36

My name is Stephane from Montreal Canada.

I m 37, 3 kids... i just show shandalar to my 9 year boy and after that i search for PPl to play over the internet just for fun...

and i found this site...

it s so great, beyond expectations...
Teg Miles

Postby Agrrotactics » 29 Nov 2009, 09:02

Hello im new to MWS I know the rules and etc. but Could someone give me a hint on how to use Cascade and Fetch lands easyil for when I play I don't see a quick out to that. :?
Agrrotactics

Postby Kl3p_co. » 04 Dec 2009, 08:12

Agrrotactics wrote:Hello im new to MWS I know the rules and etc. but Could someone give me a hint on how to use Cascade and Fetch lands easyil for when I play I don't see a quick out to that. :?
To cascade, I just drag and drop the top cards of library to the game and then just box it and right click and select the option "put on Bottom Library".
To fetch, just right-click the deck symbol under your portrait and select "My Library".I hope it helped :-)
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby montyhar2 » 19 Dec 2009, 11:06

Hey guys.
Myself Monty. I am from Indonesian. My hobbies are music,chating and fast driving.I am newbie here.Just now registered i hope you guys help me in difficulties.

Thanks.
montyhar2

Postby Huggybaby » 19 Dec 2009, 13:53

Hey, music and fast driving is fun! Welcome!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby fonzarelli » 25 Dec 2009, 05:07

Hey everyone

Long time reader, First time poster.

Thanks to the great minds on this site for the help in getting Shandalar Up and running with Manalink 2.1, Zendikar, and updated card art. Though, im still missing a select few cardarts and a select few of the cards and rules are broken in some way(chalk it up to vista), it's added a level of freedom i'm not familiar with.

See, i started playing magic on Xbox Live Arcade and quickly got hooked. Manalink is my first dabble into Deck Customization.

So Hi everyone, and thanks.

P.s. I was wondering if there were any add-ons i'm missing. I got everything i have so far from the wiki section of this site. Any suggestions are welcome.
fonzarelli

Postby Huggybaby » 25 Dec 2009, 05:13

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to MTG!

I'm not sure how many of the ManaLink guys venture out of their forum, so if you want your question answered quickly, post here: viewforum.php?f=55
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby draytalon » 25 Mar 2010, 17:28

Hi, my name is John, been playing magic since the Ravnica set came out, i have a magic day every other Sunday i am off work, it lasts from 10am till 5pm, what a day we have. In recent years i have purchased some of the older cards from Alpha upwards, great to add to the newer cards.
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby barrenwaste » 02 Apr 2010, 07:17

Hello,

I'm Barren. I've been playing magic since Beta, though I don't know much about the new sets and rules. I love the game on the comp, though, and so I'll leave you with a deck idea. It isn't my best deck, but it is quite fun....

Steam Punk:

==(lands)==
4 Emerald Mox
4 Jet Mox
4 Pearl Mox
4 Ruby Mox
4 Saphire Mox

==(Creatures)==
3 Copper Myr
3 Gold Myr
3 Leaden Myr
3 Iron Myr