It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:33

Text Size

Cards stored in binders

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Cards stored in binders

Postby J0my » 19 Jan 2015, 01:43

Hello all, just a quick question really on the opinion of you all. I currently store my cards in the Ultra Pro Binders. Now the thing is I did it a while ago when I filled them but I put a playset in each binder (3 cards, different game) and was just checking if it is ok for the cards to be stacked like that in the binders as I had no idea at the time. Would be good to hear your thoughts on it if its fine to leave it that way or just go to 1 card per sleeve.
J0my

Re: Cards stored in binders

Postby hervebronnimann » 24 Jan 2015, 16:20

FYI I store four copies of each card in a binder, because I want to assemble four complete decks. In fact, for the rare and even some uncommons, I do have more than four in a single binder slot. The binder gets really fat, but that way I only have a single KTK binder for all my cards. I have a pack for the leftover commons and uncommons.
hervebronnimann

Postby J0my » 24 Jan 2015, 17:36

Thanks for the reply, you don't seem to have much problems with the card conditions that way? or because it is so full the weight of it all on itself keeps it all flat?
J0my

Postby hervebronnimann » 25 Jan 2015, 16:13

I'm not sure I'd advise it if you really care about the cards being in pristine condition. Putting the cards in is not a big problem, but taking it out can nick them slightly on the edges as you're trying to take them out of a full slot. If you sleeve your cards (penny sleeves, the thinnest) you cannot put more than three or four (max). I don't sleeve them so sometimes I can put 6 rare to store while I put out the extra two on TCGPlayer to sell.

I keep the binders upright on my shelf, so the full weight does not bear on the cards. Sometimes I take it out and leave it flat on the table, but I don't think the weight damages the cards either. I've only had them for less than a year, so I've no idea what the cards will look a few years down the roads (my guess: they'll be fine!)
hervebronnimann

Return to General Discussion