It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 00:00

Text Size

Need some help deciding on which Magic client to use

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Need some help deciding on which Magic client to use

Postby GleepGlop » 21 Apr 2010, 16:04

So far I have tried Wagic the Homebrew, MTG Forge and Magic Workstation.
I am looking for both single player against the AI and online multiplayer. These can be using different clients though.

Single Player:
MTG Forge seems to be the most popular, but I'm not sure why. Wagic the Homebrew seems to make it really easy to understand what is happening during the gameplay and also I really like that when you highlight a card a giant version of the card pops up so you can see what the card is without having to squint at the screen.
What am I missing here?

Online:
Magic Workstation seems promising but again the first thing I noticed was that the cards are so dang small and I don't see a way to make them bigger.
Also I noticed that the software was last updated in 2005? Is there a different program that has surpassed MWS in the last 5 years?
GleepGlop

Re: Need some help deciding on which Magic client to use

Postby tojammot » 22 Apr 2010, 17:39

Magic Workstation seems promising but again the first thing I noticed was that the cards are so dang small and I don't see a way to make them bigger.
Also I noticed that the software was last updated in 2005? Is there a different program that has surpassed MWS in the last 5 years?
Magic Workstation has become vaporware. If you want to have bigger cards, octgn2 for instance offers scalable card view.
tojammot

Re: Need some help deciding on which Magic client to use

Postby juzamjedi » 22 Apr 2010, 18:39

My personal favorites are Incantus, Forge, and Manalink. I play a lot on my own though not online.
juzamjedi
Tester

Return to General Discussion