It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:15

Text Size

A peek at a possible future card game (of mine)

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

A peek at a possible future card game (of mine)

Postby MageKing17 » 04 May 2010, 05:50

In case anyone is interested, a few friends of mine and I have been working on a probably-unworkable combination between a turn-based 4X strategy game and a card game. Because I love going off half-cocked, I made some cards for this game long before any rules were settled upon, and we even made a simple template for MSE to take a look at them. Because I recently went through the database, I thought I might share some of these with all of you.

All these cards have placeholder images taken from my pictures folder (or that of a friend of mine). Asking me what a specific picture won't do you any good, because I probably don't know (although I can tell you that the first one is from Homeworld 2). Asking me about the rules of this game also wouldn't be very fruitful, because I don't know yet, but I do have some vague ideas about game mechanics, so if you have a specific question (e.g. what is the function of reload counters? One is removed from each unit every combat round, and a unit can't fire as long as it has a reload counter on it), feel free to ask.

SOC Cruiser.jpg
SOC stands for "Special Operations Command"

Fission Plant.jpg

Gravity Bomblets.jpg

I also have more cards, if anyone is interested.
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to General Discussion