It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:16

Text Size

LackeyCCG

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

LackeyCCG

Postby mtgrares » 12 Oct 2010, 17:53

LackeyCCG lets you play many card games online against other people without rules enforcement. Below is an announcement that I got since I signed up for their forum awhile ago.

(I wasn't sure where to post this, so feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum.)

Main Page - http://lackeyccg.com/

--------------------------------------

I am posting the new version of Lackey now. This is not an official release. I completely redid the networking, among other things, and I'm not completely sure that everything is working. Since this is not a full official release, there are a few extra things you should know...

If you are slightly adventurous, you might want to ignore this. You need to take a few more (albeit simple) steps to get things working.

I am just releasing the application, not the whole Lackey folder. All you need to do is unzip this version and put it into an existing Lackey folder. Note that you need not delete your old Lackey exe.

The old Lackey and old Lackey Server will continue to work exactly as it did before.

When using the new Lackey, you will need to connect to the Lackey server directly. In the server panel, you will need to enter in the IP 66.65.20.193 and use port 25712. Note that the new Lackey uses a new default port of 25712 for the server to connect to. You don't need to change any of your firewall settings because of this though.

The old Lackey and the new Lackey are completely incompatible. But if you see someone on the server, you can be assured that they are using the new Lackey. But if you try to direct connect to someone's game without using the server, if they aren't using the new Lackey, it won't work.

If you are hosting a game without using the server as a proxy server (which you should try to do), you need to open both TCP and UDP ports. The old Lackey requires you to just open the TCP port.

Although I have tested things and things appear to be working, stuff might not work. That's the whole point. Please report bugs in this thread.

One of the new things is accounts and account registration that I am testing. As such, I am issuing all testers temporary accounts. You do NOT need to make an account, but doing so allows you to save your name so no one else can use it. If you want a temporary account, email trevor@lackeyccg.com with "Lackey Account Request" as the email title. Email me your account name, email address, and a temporary password that you want. These accounts are temporary and they will get wiped when I make the new Lackey version the official version.

I will try to keep the server up all the time. If things are majorly screwed up, I will post in this thread about it and the new server may be down in that case.

There are several new features which I will list later, but right now I am mostly concerned with making sure the previous functionality is restored.

I am particularly interested in hearing if the new version simply does not launch, or if it crashes, or things of that nature. If you experience a bug, please let me know as much specific information as possible so that I can fix it.

The links for the windows and mac version applications are:
http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGWin.zip
http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGMac.zip

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=650.0

Regards,
The LackeyCCG Team.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: LackeyCCG

Postby Huggybaby » 13 Oct 2010, 21:13

I tried Lackey a long time ago, but without anyone else to try it with I had to quit. I'm glad it's still being developed.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to General Discussion