It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:42

Text Size

Question about Torrents

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Question about Torrents

Postby magicplayer556 » 24 Aug 2011, 05:46

Hey All!

I am very new here and was so fortunate to find this website after searching forever for a site with high res magic card scans. This place is great and I can't believe all of the work that everyone has put into it so to anyone who this applies to thank you so much for taking the time to do this, it is much appreciated.

Now for a couple questions:
I am looking to download the complete set of HQ card scans to date but I am confused as to which torrent I should download. What is the difference between the torrents listed here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=445

and the torrents listed here:

http://www.slightlymagic.net/tracker

Also, what is the difference between the two torrents listed in the second link. I have been trying to read through the site to find the answer to this but I cannot find any info as of right now. Sorry if this has been answered before I would just like to know which torrent I should use.

Anyway, thank you for helping me out and again thank you for this great website!
magicplayer556

Re: Question about Torrents

Postby Huggybaby » 24 Aug 2011, 22:17

Thanks for the kind words!

The first torrent is older, but it's in a format (MWS) that most programs can use.
The second torrent is newer, but in a format suitable to Goblin Hero's Magic Album utility.

If I wanted all the pics in MWS format, I'd probably download the second torrent.
Then I'd have to add promos because I don't think GH uses them. Mahamoti maintains those: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3208 <edit> GH does include promos, I'm not sure the differences. </edit>
Then I'd convert the pics from MA to MWS format, which I think can be done with woogerboy21's image renamer app: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3208
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to General Discussion