It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:07

Text Size

Solar Empire:CCG blog link

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Solar Empire:CCG blog link

Postby jojodio99 » 14 Nov 2011, 23:41

I have decided to introduce this game design as I'm planning on releasing this game soon, and I want to gauge the interest in such a game design. My design team is working hard on the card layouts, graphics and logo for this project, but I wanted to share this with all the people on BGG, and see if my idea is a solid one. I know this game will be competing with other space faring games, but I submit that Solar Empire plays smoother than most games of this type and the rules are easy to learn and the game itself fits in your pocket, so its a winner in my eyes. Also, I love strategy games in general and I feel that most space war games don't really include enough unit variety, and to me the more unit options the more replay value and gaming value as well. I will wrap this up with a thought, everyone has some good ideas, its up to you to grab the idea by the scruff of the neck and toss it out into the cold, hard world and see if it can stand on its own, like anything else in this world. I guess I got a little metaphysical there, but my point is made, its time to see this idea to its completion, and with your feedback I think it can be a better game for everyone to play, thanks.

P.S. I will post the rules soon online for everyone to look at, they are complete, this post was the first of many, as I will show some card designs and artwork as well, get the link to check out my blog, join the mailing list and get updates on Solar Empire, all the best.

blog : solarempirecg.wordpress.com/

TH Smith
First Times Square Games Inc.
jojodio99

Re: Solar Empire:CCG blog link

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Nov 2011, 02:33

Sounds like a lot of fun to me, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby jojodio99 » 16 Nov 2011, 07:02

I appreciate the interest HuggyBaby and I have a video link for youtube, so players can see the basic game setup, please keep in mind this is a prototype deck and its my first demo video, thanks.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZlowcOcMZs
jojodio99

Postby jojodio99 » 02 Dec 2011, 01:50

Hey, Solar Empire:CCG is now available on Kickstarter.com, go take a look and help me support my dream of starting a new card game, thanks.

link : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/169 ... e?ref=live
jojodio99

Postby Huggybaby » 02 Dec 2011, 02:38

Awesome, kickstarter! (goes to look)

I'm back...A month is a very short time! Please keep us apprised how it's going. As you might expect, devs on this and other forums are always very interested in monetizing their efforts.

(It's the same in music nowadays too, right extreme?<<---in-house keyboard player non pareil)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to General Discussion